BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

7 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

I'd say Patrick Bauer is all but confirmed really. That'll be free, and I can imagine that to start with, he'll play second fiddle to either another CB signing, or Derrick Williams, alongside Darragh Lenihan.

Second fiddle to Del? fuck me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

The fact this thread is @ 45 pages, and it's not even the end of the season yet let alone the transfer window, bodes well for a 200+ page summer with some fantastic meltdowns thrown in. 

Well with no World Cup or Euros we gonna need some sort of foitball fix.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, because the article specifically says our midfielders aren't technical enough.

Did you even read the article? 

Meaning they can't pass sideways or backwards without first taking a touch. 

1 hour ago, JoeHarvey said:

Yes. I have watched his performances. I like to watch Dack on the following premise:

Pretend you've never seen him before. It's his first game and he's a new signing. At the end think, is he good? For under a million pounds is he worth it?

I am yet to come to the conclusion that he wasn't, after any game, after any "bad" performance. And that's after watching every home game and half our away games in person. For me, anyone who could truly use that method and come to the conclusion after games that he wasn't worth it is just cynical.

Depends on the question.

You've made the question: “is he worth under a million pounds?” Of course.

If he worth £5m, £10m or £15m? That subjective and largely depends on the buyer.

He keeps being spoken about in the same breath as Grealish but I’m not sure they are consistently comparable.

Personally, my only concern with Dack is his social life, a very public social life at that. My view is that it does impact his football. His public image is of a player who has made it but he hasn’t made anything yet. This next season is as big for Dack as it is for Rovers.

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

He had a quality central midfielder here this season, only he chose to play him out wide that majority of the time. And if he's writing them all off bar Travis then it wasn't very sensible to within the last year have given new extended contracts to Evans and Smallwood.

You are being kind, it was downright stupid.  It seems Tony has lately done a 180 with his thinking, like he really has started reading this board.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

I'd say Patrick Bauer is all but confirmed really. That'll be free, and I can imagine that to start with, he'll play second fiddle to either another CB signing, or Derrick Williams, alongside Darragh Lenihan.

He will be the only C half coming in, mark my words.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, because the article specifically says our midfielders aren't technical enough.

Did you even read the article? 

3 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Have absolutely no idea how you got this from the article you linked.

He specifically says we have a midfield that just tackles and presses and that he wants more - he intends to sign players who are more comfortable on the ball.

It's a joke gentleman....Doesn't matter what the article says...Tony's comments and actions haven't matched all season. I was taking the Michael out of his loyalties to the crabs...

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Second fiddle to Del? fuck me.

I’m not saying I think he should, but I think he will. Bauer is a League One centre back for a reason. 

I’m sure he’s better in the air than what we currently have - but I can’t imagine he’s expected to come from the third tier and fix all our defensive issues

Just now, Pedro said:

I wonder if we'll have another tussle for little Willie Trapp this summer.

I’d like to hope so, much more technical than the midfielders we have, and would add something a little different alongside a Travis.

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

Was Mowbray at the Awards Night last night? Or was he away in Europe scouting?

Mowbray was at awards night. 

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Depends on the question.

You've made the question: “is he worth under a million pounds?” Of course.

If he worth £5m, £10m or £15m? That subjective and largely depends on the buyer.

He keeps being spoken about in the same breath as Grealish but I’m not sure they are consistently comparable.

Personally, my only concern with Dack is his social life, a very public social life at that. My view is that it does impact his football. His public image is of a player who has made it but he hasn’t made anything yet. This next season is as big for Dack as it is for Rovers.

Quite so. That he was  a bargain and TM's best work is beyond argument. Nobody denying that are they?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

It's not, I don't think it has plummeted either. In fact quite a few made the argument that it was tosh.

Its probably plummeted from the highest hopes----£20M. WBA offered £15/16M apparently, anyone think we would still get that?

I hop we don't find out and that Dack buckles down and adds hard graft to his repertoire.

Just now, 47er said:

Its probably plummeted from the highest hopes----£20M. WBA offered £15/16M apparently, anyone think we would still get that?

I hop we don't find out and that Dack buckles down and adds hard graft to his repertoire.

They offered that back in the summer, before he had shown he could notch 14 goals and 7 assists in this league. So yes, I think he could still fetch around that - if the right buyer wanted to fill the right position. I'd thoroughly expect the club to hold out for £20 million though. Not saying we could push it to £20 million anymore, but you don't have to sell lower just because somebody won't meet your price, unless you're desperate.

They always say something is worth what someone is willing to pay. I've never agreed - something is worth what someone is willing to pay combined with what someone is willing to sell at. That's a separate discussion though - in short, yes I think we could get about £15 million if the right club needed that role filling.

I actually don't think he will be off in the summer, personally. I think his recent form and his past form, plus his age, has created a situation whereby he is probably still worth about £20 million to us but I don't see any clubs going any/much higher than about £15 million. Not many Championship clubs have that type of brass, so we might not even get tested around the £15 million mark. A Premiership club being genuinely interested would change the whole dynamic, but I think the clubs watching him from up there are going to want to watch him for another 6-12 months at a high performance level before taking the gamble.

Shame for him as a player, because if he'd played to his potential consistently this year and had drive, we'd definitely be fielding Prem suitors in the summer. Good for the club, as I don't think we need the money as much as we need the player.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Just imagine 11 Richie Smallwoods ?

I did. And now I've gone clinically insane and been committed to Broadmoor. My life is ruined. Thanks a lot, K-Hod!!