BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, tomphil said:

The marquee signings are in - Gallagher, Johnson, Downing - quite impressive even if not first choices to a lot of fans.

Now it's the usual one or two big club loanees to bluff the squad and cover other areas so it's chuck and chance, nowt new either remember the Utd lad that ended up down the road ?  A gangly centre half kid playing here as a RB but looking far more suited to his proper position ?

There's definitely some policies set in stone at Rovers under this lot that get passed down the managerial line and i've touched on what i think it is before so no point the inviting the anti conspiracy mob on again but there's a pattern. 

At least this kid if he comes has a good set of games under his belt and you feel one day law of averages one will just click as it did with the manager himself.  Wouldn't be at all surprised to see a young keeper of similar vein come in on loan for a straight shoot out with the Canadian for the jersey with what's left in the kitty.

Careful, some think it's all made up in your head.

The evidence is there for all to see. The same thing happens time after time regardless of manager.

No other explanation for Mowbray's u-turn on defenders.

Venky policy doesn't allow for it. Therefore no experienced proven CBs to come straight in are allowed. But he can sign a loan or two on heavily subsidised wages who can cover a couple of gaps in the squad. 

People live in la la land accusing others of being negative or conspiracy theorists but it's there in black and white when looking through past dealings.

Obviously bringing in a couple of decent free agents on good wages for a season or two whilst shipping out a keeper that nobody gets upset about to offset what we spend gets people more amenable to not properly addressing the defence. Others just prefer not to face up to uncomfortable truths and heads go into the sand. 

• Like 1

Bit of a joke how much of a deal we made out of publicising our involvement in the European Market and thus far haven't even been linked with hardly anyone, never mind even bidding for someone. There are definately goalkeepers out there we could be looking at. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, neophox said:

Gk situation is clueless..seems Rovers cant decide.

When you say Rovers who specifically do you mean?

I'm not putting you on the spot by the way as your information is usually good but it would be interesting to know who is dithering.

Why would you let your number 1 leave without a clear target in mind or at least a strong recruitment strategy in place to replace him? As I said earlier, 2 weeks until the start of the season. No time whatsoever for the new man to build on a relationship with our defensive unit (do we even have one of those?).

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

The goalkeeping situation really is farcical. Mowbray has previously talked about sides not selling until they have a replacement sorted, yet he has gone and sold his goalkeeper without a replacement being even remotely close to being brought in.

Clock is ticking. Soon enough time will be up. Positions like GK and CB are not ones that can be neglected or 'put off' to a later date as we've tried doing before. Especially not with our record of goals against.

A dangerous game to sell Raya without someone already here to replace him. 2 weeks on and no arrival is alarming to say the least. 2 weeks to go. Leutwiler or Fisher v Charlton will be completely unacceptable.

• Like 5

Just now, JHRover said:

Clock is ticking. Soon enough time will be up. Positions like GK and CB are not ones that can be neglected or 'put off' to a later date as we've tried doing before. Especially not with our record of goals against.

A dangerous game to sell Raya without someone already here to replace him. 2 weeks on and no arrival is alarming to say the least. 2 weeks to go. Leutwiler or Fisher v Charlton will be completely unacceptable.

Every transfer should be taken on its own merits. Raya wanted to leave by all accounts and A club wanted him ..do we say no and get lumbered with Raya due to that club moving on to other targets ? 

Maybe the other keepers we are linked with don't want to leave and will have to when their club signs another keeper and says you re surplus to requirements mate ..

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Every transfer should be taken on its own merits. Raya wanted to leave by all accounts and A club wanted him ..do we say no and get lumbered with Raya due to that club moving on to other targets ? 

Maybe the other keepers we are linked with don't want to leave and will have to when their club signs another keeper and says you re surplus to requirements mate ..

All eventualities have to be covered and the obvious thing to do was bring a replacement in then sell him. He was under contract and would have had to abide by that.

I don't rate Raya and think we can do better but starting with Leutwiler is a backwards step for me

• Like 3

No, we knew Raya wanted out long before he actually went. The awarding of an extra season to Leutwiler shows that. In any event we had time to line someone else up before sanctioning his departure. To not do so was very dangerous. 

Hard luck excuses like 'other clubs might not want to let players out' won't be enough when we're struggling. We've had ample time to deal with this and work through our list of targets.

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

All eventualities have to be covered and the obvious thing to do was bring a replacement in then sell him. He was under contract and would have had to abide by that.

I don't rate Raya and think we can do better but starting with Leutwiler is a backwards step for me

And if we needed the money ? ..can say both ways ..I certainly wouldn't like to be making a player stay like Raya and asking him to play when he wants away . 

Just now, JHRover said:

I have to agree. They took the decision to let Raya go without anything else agreed and they will live and die by those decisions. 

• Like 3

Just now, JHRover said:

No, we knew Raya wanted out long before he actually went. The awarding of an extra season to Leutwiler shows that. In any event we had time to line someone else up before sanctioning his departure. To not do so was very dangerous. 

Hard luck excuses like 'other clubs might not want to let players out' won't be enough when we're struggling. We've had ample time to deal with this and work through our list of targets.

True .it is dragging on but maybe we ve had  our target weeks ago and things beyond our control are causing it to drag on but that keeper is definitely coming ..? .

And if we needed the money ? ..can say both ways ..I certainly wouldn't like to be making a player stay like Raya and asking him to play when he wants away . 

Why did we need the money? We have been told the budget was similar to last year.

Will you be happy to start on August 3rd with Leutwiler in goal and Fisher on the bench?