Neal

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, neophox said:

Travis and Rothwell plays well along with Brereton second half!

(Tin hat on)

I think Brereton has far more about him than Gallagher.

I'd start either ahead of Graham though. Bring him on with twenty to thirty minutes to go if necessary to see games out.

Poor for such large spells. Bell, Rothwell and young Hart alongside Jayson and Bennett looking ready. They wouldn’t be the five I’d like to start with next week but fair play to them they’ve kept fit. The rest were an absolute shambles. Lenihan and mulgrew need upgrades they’re dreadful. 

Buckley and Butters no where near good enough yet to be back up so quit the experiment and ping them on loan. Downing meh, Brereton promising when he came on. Nyambe still abysmal. He’s a stopper not much else.

We need more games it’s thats simple. Thought Johnno looked dreadfully unfit, Evans just usually shite, Graham not mobile enough.

Travis looked the game changer when he came alongside Rothwell. 

Got to say I didn't see any of this much promoted new style of play, unless that was to be slow, ineffective and leave huge pockets of space around the pitch. Rothwell has to start first game of the season, we look pedestrian without him

Just now, Theaxe15 said:

Got to say I didn't see any of this much promoted new style of play, unless that was to be slow, ineffective and leave huge pockets of space around the pitch. Rothwell has to start first game of the season, we look pedestrian without him

Pockets exploited in the middle first half as usual with the deep lying no legs mids then like normal instant improvement when Travis comes on.

Will we EVER get rid of Corry Evans ???

Just now, tomphil said:

Pockets exploited in the middle first half as usual with the deep lying no legs mids then like normal instant improvement when Travis comes on.

Will we EVER get rid of Corry Evans ???

I honestly think that was largely to do with the direct game we were playing. I don't understand why we were doing that early doors when players aren't tired. Aside from the very early incident where we should have capitalised, we were on the back foot because of poorly-launched balls towards Armstrong.

I also don't understand why Evans is receiving more criticism than Johnson, either. If Evans had played like Johnson did in the first half, I can only imagine the comments levelled toward him.

Rich Sharpe saying that TM has said he's "hopeful" that two players will sign tomorrow.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Rich Sharpe saying that TM has said he's "hopeful" that two players will sign tomorrow.

The City kid and hopefully a decent GK then.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17785046.rovers-set-announce-two-new-signings-within-24-hours/

Edited by Swanson

“We sold our goalie so we could put the money towards a centre forward and a central defender."

So certainly not true that we had a budget to match last summer’s...

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

So part of my wants to say its pre season so don't read too much into it...

The rest of me see's Bennett at RB, Evans and Downing starting ahead of Travis and Rothwell, and Mulgrew and Leutwiler as starters... 

No matter who he signs, you just know he wont play the best XI. New manager by Xmas. next week

Corrected it for you!

Just now, Mattyblue said:

“We sold our goalie so we could put the money towards a centre forward and a central defender."

Who was it said that he did? Honestly can’t remember. Was it Waggott or Mowbray himself?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Wonder why he didn't give  Larry , Curly and Moe a ring and ask for that money they were trying to throw at him ,that he slowed them down on. ?

Edited by perthblue02

Just now, Stuart said:

Who was it said that he did? Honestly can’t remember. Was it Waggott or Mowbray himself?

I thought it was usually the ITK-ers.

Can’t recall Waggott saying anything more than ‘competitive’. I stand corrected, see below...

Edited by Mattyblue

The club's hierarchy not telling fans the whole truth? Well knock me down with a feather. 

Assume the two signings tomorrow are that City lad, and possibly Foderingham? Or maybe the target Bbrovers has been hearing about.

Edit: Just read the article and looks like it's the City lad and Walton. 

Edited by DE.

Just now, DE. said:

The club's hierarchy not telling fans the whole truth? Well knock me down with a feather. 

End of the day I don’t expect to spend net £10 million a summer or even close. But why come out with an out and out lie like ‘a similar budget’ when we will probably spend net about a tenth of what we did last summer.

File it with the ‘8 thousand season ticket holders’ tall tale and the others.

Edited by Mattyblue

We seem to have been fortunate that Raya pushed for his move, maybe I've only read that on here, so it fitted in with:

Mowbray: “When you have to wheel and deal you have to wheel and deal. “We sold our goalie so we could put the money towards a centre forward and a central defender. “Sometimes you have to sell to strengthen other parts of your team.

So is Walton the number 1 GK or the number 2

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

at least th at quote suggesting a permanent central defender will be brought in along with the loan from City.

It was Waggot who said about us having a similar budget, Mowbray might have said it too but i remember quotes from Waggot in telegraph 

Walton would be a strange signing because if he is going to be number 1 then he is not much if at all better than Raya, so we have sold a young player we owned and brought in a another you player but only on loan and will be developing him for another club. If Walton is coming in to be back up then I do wonder what is the point in wasting money on a back up goal keeper when we have other areas that needing addressing.

24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Unless another goalie, and another defender besides the 2 tomorrow come in later 😀

Walton's last league (competitive) game was against Millwall last game of 18-19 where he did a clean sheet. But what pre season games as he been involved in? Needs to be match fit if he's starting v Charlton.

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That is an awful admission imo, totally pissed off at that to be honest.