Jump to content
Neal

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Recommended Posts

Just now, Pepsi Max Cherry said:

Just like how your ramblings change from one day to the next. Shit happens and things change, I’d like to see how you would perform with a microphone shoved under your nose everyday. Continuity would be very difficult.

I think Tony has had a microphone shoved under his hooter enough times down the years to know he's speaking in public, it's being recorded and typed down and people will discuss it and question him on it.

His lack of consistency these days is getting hard not to notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who’ll question him on it? 

Certainly not the LT or Radio Lancs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pepsi Max Cherry said:

Just like how your ramblings change from one day to the next. Shit happens and things change, I’d like to see how you would perform with a microphone shoved under your nose everyday. Continuity would be very difficult.

Is that so? Not that you know me at all, or are interested in bickering with people, (or so you say).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Myers claims there will be a forward, 2 GK's and a CB coming in addition to the kid from City?

Edited by Swanson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The next few days will give us lot something to talk and squabble about then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“We work to a budget and as I’ve done throughout my career I’ve tried to stick to budgets.

“I don’t go back cap in hand to the owners asking for more money.

“When you have to wheel and deal you have to wheel and deal.

“We sold our goalie so we could put the money towards a centre forward and a central defender.

“Sometimes you have to sell to strengthen other parts of your team."

 

Can you imagine Kenny telling this to the press when Uncle Jack owned the club?

So much for the billionaires in India. I know we'd have gone under like Bolton before now if it weren't for them, but surely they can support the club better financially than they do. And don't start all that FFP crap to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FGS5635 said:

He was let go becasue we were offered good money and TM thought we could do better.

Wether we do better only time will tell, but personally I think all the keepers we have been linked with are better than raya

He was let go because he wanted to go and we needed the money for Gallagher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can exclusively reveal our budget for this summer's transfers was a box of marshmallows and a half eaten sarnie.

That is what every agent and club we are dealing with have to believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Also, if Mowbray isn't going to play Nyambe, why not sell him and put the money towards a replacement?

 

Oh no, you've done it now... Mowbray will be forwarded this 1 message and told it is a solid reflection of "fan consensus" and will now go forward gung ho with "fan favourite Elliott Bennett" and Nyambe sold for £1m to fund Glen Whelan and his 1 year wages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gary C said:

The next few days will give us lot something to talk and squabble about then 

Yeah it's about time we had something it's been far too peaceful on here......... 😂

Christ i almost wish we were under embargo again at least everyone moaned in unison and blamed mostly the same people.  Apart from the usual 2 or 3 suspects of course !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FGS5635 said:

You have to realise that everything TM says isnt for the fans ears. Some of it is smoke and mirrors imo for other ears. Like sometimes its like he is talking to the owners through the press.#

Other times it will be a game of poker trying to push a deal through hinting we have no money etc.

Then its trying to squeeze extra cash out of another club by hinting we have a good budget and dont need to sell etc.

Im not saying his isnt changing his mind from time to time, but to think everything he says is for us is a bit short sighted

Amen, clearly you see the light rather than dark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Swanson said:

So Myers claims there will be a forward, 2 GK's and a CB coming in addition to the kid from City?

We were told here there were up to 5 deals still being worked on, after all.

Alan says it’s possibly a winger.

Edited by CD_93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bazza said:

“We work to a budget and as I’ve done throughout my career I’ve tried to stick to budgets.

“I don’t go back cap in hand to the owners asking for more money.

“When you have to wheel and deal you have to wheel and deal.

“We sold our goalie so we could put the money towards a centre forward and a central defender.

“Sometimes you have to sell to strengthen other parts of your team."

 

Can you imagine Kenny telling this to the press when Uncle Jack owned the club?

So much for the billionaires in India. I know we'd have gone under like Bolton before now if it weren't for them, but surely they can support the club better financially than they do. And don't start all that FFP crap to me.

FFP crap !! Crawl back under your cave batman. We’ve fell foul of FFP before and there is no chance our gem of a manager will let it happen again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DE. said:

Yeah another striker, why not. If Graham, Gallagher, Armstrong, Brereton, Samuel and Nuttall all get injured we won't have anyone to play in that one position up top so better to be safe than sorry.

Didnt he also come out and say that we're not going to play anyone "down the middle" anyway?

I thought I was baffled anyway, but If he brings in another forward I'll just admit defeat, not criticise and just see watch the car crash unfold in front of my eyes.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Didnt he also come out and say that we're not going to play anyone "down the middle" anyway?

I thought I was baffled anyway, but If he brings in another forward I'll just admit defeat, not criticise and just see watch the car crash unfold in front of my eyes.

I’m certain it’ll be striker for the u23’s, nought to fret about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worth pointing out that FFP IS a serious problem for Rovers.

It is a problem 90% of Football League clubs can only dream of having because they have ownership which will go nowhere near injecting cash to the extent FFP would become an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, philipl said:

Worth pointing out that FFP IS a serious problem for Rovers.

It is a problem 90% of Football League clubs can only dream of having because they have ownership which will go nowhere near injecting cash to the extent FFP would become an issue.

Last summer we chose to spend £7 million on a teenager who wasnt ready to play games. We were told that we were Ffp compliant and were not risking breaking those rules. If there is an issue with Ffp that deal will have gone a long way towards that. Mowbray or Waggott were responsible for allowing that deal to go through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then we be best be careful how we spend it, no last minute panic buys of very raw teenagers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JHRover said:

Last summer we chose to spend £7 million on a teenager who wasnt ready to play games. We were told that we were Ffp compliant and were not risking breaking those rules. If there is an issue with Ffp that deal will have gone a long way towards that. Mowbray or Waggott were responsible for allowing that deal to go through.

Missing my point.

We are within FFP but it needs careful management.

If Venky's weren't still pouring the cash into Rovers, FFP would be the very least of our worries. Ask Bolton and Bury fans what that feels like rather than the paranoia filling the last 490 pages of this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not missing the point at all. Spending is great, but it has to be done wisely or we are back to the late Bowyer era and every chance of the 3rd division (that yes, is still better than Bolton).

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bazza said:

Can you imagine Kenny telling this to the press when Uncle Jack owned the club?

So much for the billionaires in India. I know we'd have gone under like Bolton before now if it weren't for them, but surely they can support the club better financially than they do. And don't start all that FFP crap to me.

You can't seriously compare to the rules of nowadays to the non-rules of when Jack was in charge. I'm not saying that Venkys would have funded the club endlessly like Jack did, but your last sentence basically ignores the rules of the game that now exist, and we are treading a fine line if we come close to what we spent last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.