BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Mercer said:

In 2015/16 - the season before Mowbray arrived, we finished 15th in the Championship.

In 2018/19, after two and a half seasons with Mowbray in charge, we finished 15th in the Championship.

We are NOT progressing!  When will the penny drop?

If Mowbray gets us any higher than 15th this coming season, I would be extremely surprised.

We've lost a goalie with far more potential than wither Walton or Eastwood and signed Gallagher for £5million because I think Mowbray spunked £7+million away on Brereton.

For me, an underwhelming window so far and that's being generous.

most disengenuous post of the day

• Like 3

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Based on Mowbray's comments, if the player had his heart set on leaving, it's probably best to get the deal done, rather than having somebody who'd rather be elsewhere. I'm not sure that scenario is great for the rest of the players at the club.

To be fair, if we can’t take on face value TM’s comments that he needed to be sold so we could bring in players, we can’t his comments that he wanted to leave either.

• Like 2

Just now, Mercer said:

In 2015/16 - the season before Mowbray arrived, we finished 15th in the Championship.

In 2018/19, after two and a half seasons with Mowbray in charge, we finished 15th in the Championship.

We are NOT progressing!  

Remind me, what position we’re we in when Mowbray arrived......

Just now, Biz said:

Using two stats in isolation to prove a point rarely reflects well on the opinion from my experience.

I mean, simply putting in a few elements of what TM inherited compared to what he’s got now would put more meat on the bone.

Its a far cry from Coyles Barmy donut Loan army, in my humble opinion.

Coyle brought in Mulgrew and Graham.

Without those two players, I think Mowbray would have been well and truly stuffed.

The only signing Mowbray has made which comes close to the success of Mulgrew and Graham is Dack.

Just now, kokkini said:

most disengenuous post of the day

No, it's spot on.  Facts don't lie.

By the way, would suggest you don't use words you are unable to even spell correctly.

• Like 2

We were dead and buried under Coyle, dreadful manager that he was. Mowbray was very unfortunate to see us relegated.

We bounced straight back up, he's blooded youngsters in and signed some really exciting young players: Rothwell, Gallagher, Chapman, with tons of potential..

We're in a much better place now than under Coyle.. 

Do you not remember the season everyone's contracts expired and we were scratching around for Fode Koite, Guthrie etc on free transfers?

• Like 2

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Or perhaps some signings are just easier to wrap up than others...

But we don't need 2 keepers we need one. We have other areas in the starting 11 that need addressing much more urgently than which goal keeper sits on the bench.

Just now, Biz said:

It’s not always that simple. Raya May have forced it to the extent where he would be unsettled. They may have had ample choice at that time. I don’t know the full ins and outs, hence why I’d try not to be too close minded about how and why it happened.

What ever the reasons the facts are we sold a player without no replacement secured and are now scratching around for second rate replacements, who are no better than what we sold. Mowbray has previously talked about sides not selling until they have a replacement sorted yet he has gone and done the complete opposite. 

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Based on Mowbray's comments, if the player had his heart set on leaving, it's probably best to get the deal done, rather than having somebody who'd rather be elsewhere. I'm not sure that scenario is great for the rest of the players at the club.

That was last week's reason for Raya leaving from Mowbray. This week's reason was that 'We sold our goalie so we could put the money towards a centre forward and a central defender'. The only problem with that idea was that we also had to spend money to replace the goalie. 

• Like 2

Just now, Glosrover said:

Remind me, what position we’re we in when Mowbray arrived......

Mowbray's brief was to keep us that season.  He told us that at Blues back in Feb.  He failed - full stop. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Mowbary just can't attract decent players. He's a dinosaur of a manager. This season is only going one way and it isn't up

Nail on head IMO>

Also, can you see the likes of Hart, Carson and Ruddy wanting to come to Rovers with the kid Benson as goalkeeper coach!  Think it's laughable.

11 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I wouldn’t think so if Walton comes in, can say that Walton wasn’t considered until very recently so a few deals haven’t come off. Doesn’t look very good on our recruitment to be selling our keeper without having something more solid in place. Don’t think we have reached many of our targets this summer to be honest

It’s not good at all. The only sensible explanation is that they needed it for Gally. Still willing to see how the window ends. Expect a cash buy for a CB

• Like 1

Just now, OnePhilT said:

I have a suspicion that a decision to loan out or even sell Leutwiler has already been made; I'm pretty sure he is going to want first-team football, and I think he'll find that in League One or possibly even at a lower Championship club. This would explain the need for two new goalkeepers - a first-teamer and a reserve.

When all is said and done, I never felt comfortable with Raya in goal. Potential? Yes, but it's quite amazing how just a few months ago he was billed on here as somebody who would be a liability, and yet now he is seen as "the one that got away". I think it's the Steven Reid syndrome; absence makes the heart grow fonder. Done is done. He must have wanted to move on if he was sold this early in the window, and whether it's Mowbray not wanting him anymore, Raya not wanting to be here, or both... It no longer matters. Done is done, and we're going to be having a new goalkeeper, which I welcome, really. We need a shake up across the entire defence.

Being a bit disingenuous there, yes he was making mistakes, but most knew he was full of potential. Talk was about competition and replacing the GK coach more than selling Raya.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just now, OnePhilT said:

No it's not. I think he hit a confidence block - at least at this club, anyway. I'm not fussed that he's gone and I think we needed freshening up.

Talk was about the goalkeeping situation. Sorry to bring up a point about our previous goalkeeper that might back up the need for new ones.

I wasn’t massively upset by it, but then I wasn’t expecting a young loanee as a replacement.

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, Mercer said:

Mowbray's brief was to keep us that season.  He told us that at Blues back in Feb.  He failed - full stop. 

Do you feel the club, squad and potential is better now or before we were relegated that season?

19 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We are NOT progressing!  When will the penny drop?

If Mowbray gets us any higher than 15th this coming season, I would be extremely surprised.

We've lost a goalie with far more potential than wither Walton or Eastwood and signed Gallagher for £5million because I think Mowbray spunked £7+million away on Brereton.

For me, an underwhelming window so far and that's being generous.

We are progressing sorry your just painting it in the most negative light we where in league 1 and where never really in a relegation battle that's progress from when TM took over. The squad we have now along with the youngsters we have coming through are vastly superior to the one inherited by Mowbray. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, Biz said:

Its a far cry from Coyles Barmy donut Loan army, in my humble opinion.

Bennett, Mulgrew, Evans, Graham, Williams and assumedly now Gallagher still a major part of the starting 11 so... is it really?

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1