BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, roverandout said:

Fully agree but some people seem to be happy with two freebie past-it players, a couple of loans of premiership squad players who will never see any action for their parent club and 5 million spunked on a player who has never hit double figures in his life. Going to be a long hard season I tell ya

Apart from when he played for us.

• Like 5

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wonder are we holding off on announcing Walton because we have 2 to announce today

Lot of 2 and to's in that sentence 

Not really,  there's one of each.  ?

See, that's the problem with the transfer thread, too much guesswork, not enough accuracy. 

If you're gonna come on here releasing exclusives about the 2's and to's then you damn well better be sure you can back it up with evidence. Otherwise, you'll get eaten alive.

Must try harder BDS.

Get back to your sources and tell them they've given you duff info. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

For me he is an upgrade on Raya so that good, but Im disappointed it makes no mention of a loan to buy. Seems like he is a stop gap until we maybe find a keeper again next season

If they've already agreed a fee then happy days and if he's crap he can go back.

Caution though he's also of the same agent as Gallagher and one who's names cropped up a lot in the past so he'll probably end up being bought after we've sold someone else to pay for it.....

Still not sure what our scouting system is actually up to though or why we can't get the one's they scout over the line so have to turn to the same old people's client lists again !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Just now, roverandout said:

Fully agree but some people seem to be happy with two freebie past-it players, a couple of loans of premiership squad players who will never see any action for their parent club and 5 million spunked on a player who has never hit double figures in his life. Going to be a long hard season I tell ya

Just get the razor blades out now mr positive.

Who gives a shit if they're on loan if they're fully committed to the cause.  Over half of Watfords team was when they nailed promotion ?

And as for the double figures comment, also wrong ?

• Like 1

Just now, Lie_still_Rover said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9UdpD3-41o

How can anyone think he's an upgrade on Raya? Not only have we let an incredibly talented keeper leave for a pittance, but we've also downgraded to a lad we don't even own- awesome!

Half of them are Paul Robinson. Forgot how good he was.

Good vid ?

I really rated Raya too though.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Very meh signing, hopefully he’s a good un but I was expecting this was the back up option so hopefully a solid number one will be here as well 

I doubt you could- Raya's stats speak volumes, it's there in black and white, he was one of the best keepers in the Championship last season. 

The majority of Waltons saves are right bloody at him..

I fail to see how this lad's going to be an upgrade on a player we'd spent considerable time developing through our own academy..

• Like 1

Walton is much bigger than Raya, and is fantastic technically, the way he pushes shots around the post so they don't go back into play. Maybe needs a bit of work on commanding the area. But he's a signing I'm happy with. Not so sure about the young Man City defender though. 

Will people still be up in arms if we invest into a good quality centre half? If someone gave me the option of selling Raya and replacing him with someone as good loan and buying a decent CB I would of definately taken that than keep Raya. 

I doubt you could- Raya's stats speak volumes, it's there in black and white, he was one of the best keepers in the Championship last season. 

I fail to see how this lad's going to be an upgrade on a player we'd spent considerable time developing through our own academy..

Thinking back over last season about goals that Raya was at fault for in games that we failed to win and of the top of my head I came up with Ipswich away, Reading home, West Brom away, Birmingham home and away, Bristol City home and away, Brentford away, Rotherham away, Sheffield Wednesday away and in the cup home to Newcastle. And that is without even getting onto games like Forest away where we won and errors that didn't lead to goals.

The problem is that Mowbray sold his goalkeeper without having the first idea about who to replace him with, which has left us scratching around and ending up with a cheap loan option who is barely if at all any better than what we sold. And at the end of the season when Walton goes back to Brighton we will be left to look for a keeper again, let's just hope that Mowbray has a better plan next year than this short term fix but I doubt it.

Just now, Tom said:

Very meh signing, hopefully he’s a good un but I was expecting this was the back up option so hopefully a solid number one will be here as well 

He will be first choice, no way that Brighton would have let him come or that he would have wanted to come if it was just to sit on the bench. 

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Thinking back over last season about goals that Raya was at fault for in games that we failed to win and of the top of my head I came up with Ipswich away, Reading home, West Brom away, Birmingham home and away, Bristol City home and away, Brentford away, Rotherham away, Sheffield Wednesday away and in the cup home to Newcastle. And that is without even getting onto games like Forest away where we won and errors that didn't lead to goals.

The problem is that Mowbray sold his goalkeeper without having the first idea about who to replace him with, which has left us scratching around and ending up with a cheap loan option who is barely if at all any better than what we sold. And at the end of the season when Walton goes back to Brighton we will be left to look for a keeper again, let's just hope that Mowbray has a better plan next year than this short term fix but I doubt it.

He will be first choice, no way that Brighton would have let him come or that he would have wanted to come if it was just to sit on the bench. 

Fingers crossed that's going into the CB budget.

If Raya was one of the best keepers last season, I would love to see what kind of stuff the worst was getting up to. 

• Like 1

I liked the look of Walton when we played Wigan in L1. Definitely looked more formidable. 

The negative is that we don’t own him, so we’ve kicked the problem down the road. This isn’t sustainable because eventually it will catch up with you when there’s no young players to cash in on. 

Definitely a desperation move, rather than being planned.

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

Will people still be up in arms if we invest into a good quality centre half? If someone gave me the option of selling Raya and replacing him with someone as good loan and buying a decent CB I would of definately taken that than keep Raya. 

And what are the odds of us getting a good quality centre half?? We haven't been linked with any defender other than the city loanee. It took us 17 days to get a keeper in after selling our best one. What would make anyone think we would be able to get a deal for another defender sorted in the remaining time? Especially a transfer for a quality player compared to the loans we are just about managing to get done