BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Still think there is a winger to come. I wanted Jamal Lowe or Maddison but I’d settle for Alan judge. All likelihood it’s another prem lg youngster on loan, which aren’t my favourite. I’d rather have our own players to flourish

Alan Judge for a third time? No thanks.

• Like 2

Still think there is a winger to come. I wanted Jamal Lowe or Maddison but I’d settle for Alan judge. All likelihood it’s another prem lg youngster on loan, which aren’t my favourite. I’d rather have our own players to flourish

I don't get it, we've got so many players who can play out wide. Downing, Armstrong, Rothwell, Bennet, Chapman, The 3 strikers who Mowbray likes to play out wide.Then you've got Rankin-Cotollo, Buckley and Butterworth who could all get game time out wide.

We're going to have to start cutting some players out somewhere.

• Like 1

Yeah, I’d like to see a proper winger. Not a wide striker cutting in, someone who can cross a ball. If it’s a prem loanee I wouldn’t mind Andre Green. Not sure how much game time he will get with Villa since they got promoted.

• Like 2

Just now, Miller11 said:

Yeah, I’d like to see a proper winger. Not a wide striker cutting in, someone who can cross a ball. If it’s a prem loanee I wouldn’t mind Andre Green. Not sure how much game time he will get with Villa since they got promoted.

Downing is a proper winger. I think we will see some great deliveries from him this season into Graham or Gallagher. We have badly lacked having a good crosser in the team. Graham did remarkably well considering. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Downing is a proper winger. I think we will see some great deliveries from him this season into Graham or Gallagher. We have badly lacked having a good crosser in the team. Graham did remarkably well considering. 

Yeah, I was pretty pleased with Downing, though I think we might see more of him centrally or at full back. Another winger would still be nice... not that I can see us playing with two very often. Armstrong I’m sure will have one of the wide spots nailed down.

23 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I'd rather we sign a quality CB on loan from a top flight team, rather than an average one permanently. I really don't get the posters who scoff at us making loan signings, we have made many good loan signings into permanent deals over the years.  People need to live in the here and now, the only aim must be promotion. Villa, Wolves and Watford etc. signed quality loan players to aid a promotion push, that's the key - quality.

I really do like the suggestions of Hanley or Dann. We need experience and leadership and it would help with them knowing the club and its 'quirks' .

Promotion? Dream world

Just now, Miller11 said:

Yeah, I was pretty pleased with Downing, though I think we might see more of him centrally or at full back. Another winger would still be nice... not that I can see us playing with two very often. Armstrong I’m sure will have one of the wide spots nailed down.

Oh God, I find Armstrong very frustrating on the wing. Why beat a man once and cross it when beating him twice and then hitting him with the ball is available as an option??  I hope we play 2 upfront and then we see variations of; Armsrrong, Graham, Brereton and Gallagher. 

Downing should not be anywhere near full-back in my opinion, but I notice he was moved there against Rangers. Hopeful just a pre-season thing. 

• Like 1

Think plenty is in place for our promotion push. Just need an experienced Centre back imo, and maybe Mark Bunn as backup GK.

I see no need for any winger; we have a stack of young attacking players of our own.

Downing and Gallagher would be a great couple of subs to bring on in the last 20 mins if we need to change the game.

Sorry to tell you that downing was signed to compete with bell for the left back position. Leaving chapman as the only out and out winger. I don’t want the striker or mids converted nonsense so I believe another proper winger is needed. Why we haven’t signed a fullback as there is downing/bell one side and Bennett/ nyambe the other. Tony doesn’t want any others 

• Like 2

Sorry to tell you that downing was signed to compete with bell for the left back position. Leaving chapman as the only out and out winger. I don’t want the striker or mids converted nonsense so I believe another proper winger is needed. Why we haven’t signed a fullback as there is downing/bell one side and Bennett/ nyambe the other. Tony doesn’t want any others 

Are you saying Downing was signed primarily to play left back? I need to clarify this before I start lashing out

• Like 3

This sounds bad.

• Like 3

Whoa, whoa, whoa........ source??

I did suspect as much. Could work in a back 5. Would fail in a back 4.

Just now, FGS5635 said:

If he is left back and thats a big if.......could he really be worse than bell and williams. Certainy offers us a more dyamic approach going forward

He actually could. At least they've played there before and at least Bell is mobile.

I thought it was kind of common knowledge downing was signed for the wing back role, similar to bell - who he is to coach. Look at his last few seasons with boro and that’s the role he has been playing. Was also this role at rangers. He doesn’t have the legs anymore to be an out and out beat your man winger. Left wing back for his know how and experience , more defensive than attacking