BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, roverandout said:

Just looking after his own back. He's not honourable at all. He's a chancer like every other no-mark manager we have had since big Sam. Possibly the worst manager since kean

Even if you don’t rate him, this re writing of history by ignoring Owen Coyle does you absolutely no favours.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Neal said:

Mowbray confirmed we'd be interested in Cooper at the last fans meeting, so he's well aware of him and may even asked the question, I wouldn't be surprised. 

So he may well be a genuine target then. I shall read up a bit more about him.

With regards to the loan players we don’t seem to be getting the cream of the crop from the top sides. Look at the players Derby got on loan and the difference they made. They seem to be getting the Waitrose players and we’re still shopping in Lidl. 

5 hours ago, Neal said:

Mowbray confirmed we'd be interested in Cooper at the last fans meeting, so he's well aware of him and may even asked the question, I wouldn't be surprised. 

Didnt he say "that's one we might look at" or something?

I imagine he was just saying that at the time to humour people, since Bauer slipped through our fingers I don't think he's had any intention of signing a permanent half to be honest.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bauer was good have to fight for his place. was he up for the challenge? clearly not. gone to North End. 

Maybe City change the terms or the player didn't want to come after talks. who knows. maybe Mowbray will discuss it tomorrow. 

did we ever want Assombalonga considering his wages? was going to happen in a month of Sundays. 

Millwall need 1st choice keeper, left back and centre midfielder. 

Look at Cook's comments or the actually transfers that have happen so far this summer. Nothing outstanding and where the transfer business of a club stand out. Some people will point out Stoke transfers but for me, their signings are squad/back up players mainly apart from Powell. 

You have explained why, in your view, we didn't sign certain players but misses the point that we have failed to strengthen one of the very worst defences in the Championship. Yet TM publicly accepted the problem and promised "defenders are coming".

Whatever happens with the signings in mid-field and upfront, this transfer window, without significant improvements, is a failure. Another one in a list of them.

It is unacceptable.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ricky said:

So he may well be a genuine target then. I shall read up a bit more about him.

With regards to the loan players we don’t seem to be getting the cream of the crop from the top sides. Look at the players Derby got on loan and the difference they made. They seem to be getting the Waitrose players and we’re still shopping in Lidl. 

We've had loads of targets but few signings. I don't believe anymore. We're being conned.

27 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Didnt he say "that's one we might look at" or something?

I imagine he was just saying that at the time to humour people, since Bauer slipped through our fingers I don't think he's had any intention of signing a permanent half to be honest.

Words to that effect, I sem to remember him saying that he expected other clubs to be in for him too and the fee might be an issue... I could have well made that up. 

Just now, 47er said:

We've had loads of targets but few signings. I don't believe anymore. We're being conned.

What makes you think that we’re any different to any club in the land? Think back to Jack Walkers days and the autobiographies and revelations since then. How close the likes of Roy Keane, Les Ferdinand, Zinedine Zidane, Christoph Dugarry, Robert Lewandowski. They were only the high profile ones. There would’ve been 100’s more. 

The only reason we find anything out (and most of it is fake news) is because of social media.

No one is being conned. It’s just the way it is. 

• Like 8

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

When are we going to get rid of the dead wood in the squad (Smallwood, Evans, Williams,  Mulgrew)?  It is they that are blocking the youngsters' path, not potential new signings.

Need clubs to take them first. Plenty would want Mulgrew but not many could pay his wages. Same goes for Evans. 

I think Williams at centre half is pretty decent, he gets a lot of stick because of his performances at left back but he's not a left back. 

• Like 4

When are we going to get rid of the dead wood in the squad (Smallwood, Evans, Williams,  Mulgrew)?  It is they that are blocking the youngsters' path, not potential new signings.

Williams and Mulgrew? Get rid of those and we’ve got one centre half on the books due to TM’s stubbornness to bring in a CB! No way is TM letting them go.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, Neal said:

Need clubs to take them first. Plenty would want Mulgrew but not many could pay his wages. Same goes for Evans. 

Agree with this, we have to be so careful with contracts for senior players on our budget. Giving them too much money ends up actually costing us money when they move on for closing the gap between their new contract and Rovers one.

Firstly, I think your assessment of Evans, Williams and Mulgrew as ‘deadwood’ is scandalous. They don’t deserve that and are handy squad players. 

Smallwood, Gladwin and now probably Samuel need to be moved on as well as a few youth loans.

I said to mate at the end of the season that if we got to a position where we had 3 of Williams, Mulgrew, Bennett and Evans regularly on the bench then we wouldn’t be far off a team challenging for the top 6. 

• Like 2

Just wanted to look at the rest of the Championship given Wigan were quoted to see how everyone else is doing.

These numbers include loans.

An awful lot of released unemployed footballers out there.

A huge amount of business to be done yet.

IN-OUT CLUB

7   7     Barnsley

1   7     Birmingham City (includes Jota and Adams for big sums)

4   4     ROVERS

5   5     Brentford (only Konse of their crown jewels has gone)

4   10   Bristol City (includes Kelly gone for £12m)

3   4    Cardiff City

5   10  Charlton Athletic (includes two contract expiries they would have wanted to keep)

1    7   Derby County

1    4   Fulham

5    9   Huddersfield Town

2    6   Hull City

4    6   Leeds United

2    6   Luton Town

1    5   Middlesbrough

2   10   Millwall

4   10   Nottingham Forest

1    7   Preston North End

7    7   Queens Park Rangers

1    9   Reading

1    8   Sheffield Wednesday

7    3   Stoke City

0    8   Swansea City (includes James for £15m)

1    6   West Bromwich Albion

0    8   Wigan Athletic

If I were a Brum, Luton, Swansea or Wigan fan I'd be very worried.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, philipl said:

Just wanted to look at the rest of the Championship given Wigan were quoted to see how everyone else is doing.

IN-OUT CLUB

7   7     Barnsley

4   4     ROVERS

3   4    Cardiff City

5   10  Charlton Athletic (includes two contract expiries they would have wanted to keep)

1    7   Derby County

1    4   Fulham

2    6   Hull City

4    6   Leeds United

2    6   Luton Town

1    5   Middlesbrough

2   10   Millwall

1    9   Reading

7    3   Stoke City

0    8   Wigan Athletic

Swansea have signed two players (Bidwell and Wilmott) and so have Wigan. Reading have signed four.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sounds like he didnt want to fight for his spot..was never player I felt we going to better than Mulgrew or Lenihan. More of back up imo.

What media coverage? I dont recall a great deal. Maybe I didnt get caught up in all the media coverage due to my thought it would never happen due to his wages. If thats was the case my apologises.

I do agree we shouldnt rely on loan players and never back to the Coyle time where we have 6 loans at one point. 

How much did Stoke spend on Vokes(7 mil), Afode(12 mil) Ince(10 mil), McClean(5 mil), Clucas(6mil)? Thats 40 million pounds in 1 season. And couldnt even get top half. Finish below us. 

Mulgrew is finished. Across the whole of last season, he had a considerable negative effect on both points accumulated and goals conceded when he played. Theres no way that Bauer is a worse defender than him. If he was, its beyond me why we even ever looked at him.

• Like 7

Just now, arbitro said:

Swansea have signed two players (Bidwell and Wilmott) and so have Wigan. Read I have signed four.

Preston have Nugent and Bauer, Wednesday have 3 as do WBA, those figures are wrong.

That being said, the recent uproar has been not about the timing of the deals, but on the back of Mowbray himself saying that he wants one centre back (presumably Adarabioyo) in because any more could cause problems with *insert list of defenders who Mowbray rightfully said have shown they cant do it.*

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

What makes you think that we’re any different to any club in the land? Think back to Jack Walkers days and the autobiographies and revelations since then. How close the likes of Roy Keane, Les Ferdinand, Zinedine Zidane, Christoph Dugarry, Robert Lewandowski. They were only the high profile ones. There would’ve been 100’s more. 

The only reason we find anything out (and most of it is fake news) is because of social media.

No one is being conned. It’s just the way it is. 

There's a difference between genuine appoaches for players and hamming it up to sell season tickets. How many genuine and realistic approaches have we made for defenders this Transfer Window?

It will come back to bite us, I'm sure of that.

Just now, philipl said:

I'm a Rovers fan and I'm very worried.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, philipl said:

IN-OUT CLUB

7   7     Barnsley

4   4     ROVERS

3   4    Cardiff City

1    7   Derby County

1    4   Fulham

2    6   Hull City

4    6   Leeds United

2    6   Luton Town

1    5   Middlesbrough

2   10   Millwall

1    9   Reading

7    3   Stoke City

0    8   Wigan Athletic

Have you made these figures up to try and make us feel better?! They are completely wrong!

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

There's a difference between genuine appoaches for players and hamming it up to sell season tickets. How many genuine and realistic approaches have we made for defenders this Transfer Window?

It will come back to bite us, I'm sure of that.

How could we possibly know? There was a lot of talk early on in the window about Hanley, Dann as well as stated interest in the Barnsley lad and of course Bauer. Latterly we’ve heard about interest in Skrtel and of course Adarabioyo as well as Mowbrays previous admission of interest in Cooper. I also know (from a coach at Rotherham) that we were interested in Ajayi. So there’s a potential that we’ve enquired on a dozen defenders? As well as probably the same amount of keepers. It’s just a case of which one drops first.

24 minutes ago, Neal said:

Words to that effect, I sem to remember him saying that he expected other clubs to be in for him too and the fee might be an issue... I could have well made that up. 

Yeah that sounds about right.

For how amazing everyone thinks this Cooper is, He's still at Milwall and I've never seen anyone linked with him or any kind of fee mentioned.

Is he that good or is he another hyperbole player like that Maddison at Peterborough who no matter how much everyone raves about him on here, still looks like being a league one player this season.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

How could we possibly know? There was a lot of talk early on in the window about Hanley, Dann as well as stated interest in the Barnsley lad and of course Bauer. Latterly we’ve heard about interest in Skrtel and of course Adarabioyo as well as Mowbrays previous admission of interest in Cooper. I also know (from a coach at Rotherham) that we were interested in Ajayi. So there’s a potential that we’ve enquired on a dozen defenders? As well as probably the same amount of keepers. It’s just a case of which one drops first.

I admire your optimism that we're doing all we can to get a defender in, but the proof is in the pudding as they say.

I predicted at the start of the window that Bennett and Mulgrew would start in defence against Charlton and it looks like that's what will happen.

An experienced defender, to go straight into the side just isn't happening.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

That's reported interest in seven centre halves and not one signed. I know it's all conjecture either way but there is cause to worry for me. Ideally I wanted new defenders in for August 3rd but that hope is diminishing daily.

Just now, 47er said:

I'm a Rovers fan and I'm very worried.

Come the Charlton game I will get behind whoever is on the pitch. But the same mistakes will happen at the back and we will drop to many points to realistically finish any better off than last season. Come on Venkys and Tony address the defence issue and let the team have a realistic chance of progression

• Like 1