BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Don't do links so not sure this will work but in any event article states Jo Nuttall could be interesting Grayson at Blackpool. Doesn't clarify whether loan or buy. There is the obvious coincidence that we are playing them today, links between the two clubs etc. so could be pure speculation based on very little actual evidence that they are interested.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/994302675?-11198:839

Edited by StaffordRover
spelling

• Backroom
Just now, Vilesinner said:

Norwich moved from 15th to 1st, don't see why we can't make the top 6. I have invested heavily on us at 12/1 for promotion. After all we have great young players that competed at an extremely high level last year. Wouldn't swap our attacking options for any teams. And I really like the midfield pairing of Travis and Johnson. Defence is our weakness, but we have plenty of options. Johnson's heading ability, and Gallagher and Walton's height should help us defend set pieces. 

Would like us to sign Mark Bunn and Martin Skirtyl (not sure how to spell his name, but my mate loved him at Liverpool).

Norwich hit the jackpot by signing Pukki on a free, it isn't common to get that lucky on a relatively unknown player. They also brought in a very reputable goalkeeper in Krul, and numerous players like Buendia, Leitner and Heise from Europe. I think we're way behind Norwich in terms of recruitment. Probably better off comparing to Sheff Utd, who also had a largely domensic transfer policy (although they still brought in players from France and Germany). 

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

Norwich hit the jackpot by signing Pukki on a free, it isn't common to get that lucky on a relatively unknown player. They also brought in a very reputable goalkeeper in Krul, and numerous players like Buendia, Leitner and Heise from Europe. I think we're way behind Norwich in terms of recruitment. Probably better off comparing to Sheff Utd, who also had a largely domensic transfer policy (although they still brought in players from France and Germany). 

Precisely. We are seemingly light years away from bringing in anyone from outside of the British isles. One tentative attempt at that Dutch lad is all we’ve seen from our revamped scouting team that was apparently ‘running on full steam’.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Norwich moved from 15th to 1st, don't see why we can't make the top 6. I have invested heavily on us at 12/1 for promotion. After all we have great young players that competed at an extremely high level last year. Wouldn't swap our attacking options for any teams. And I really like the midfield pairing of Travis and Johnson. Defence is our weakness, but we have plenty of options. Johnson's heading ability, and Gallagher and Walton's height should help us defend set pieces. 

Would like us to sign Mark Bunn and Martin Skirtyl (not sure how to spell his name, but my mate loved him at Liverpool).

We do have great young player, its getting TM to agree that's the problem. 

• Like 1

Isn’t Chris Samba a free agent now... I’d take anyone to be honest ?

The problems have been obvious for a while now and for TM to not have addressed these adequately is shocking. We cannot go into the season with a back line like the one we have. I am an advocate for TM and I think he has done a wonderful job for our club - But come on now. 

Edited by Lee0r
Sp
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Well id say we're not far off in the way about 12 teams is the division aren't far off.

If we were to get top six a lot of it will come down to getting a head of steam up, few injuries and the rub of the green.

However without sorting the defence we're just so fragile at the back that all it will take is an injury to Lenihan and we're totally screwed. 

If we signed a really strong CB and a decent young CB (a la Tosin) it would honestly move my expectations from about 15th to around 8th. That's a huge change.

Agree.  Puts us in with a a shout in a topsy turvy division.  Without the defensive additions, we won't threaten the top 10

It really will be an unforgiveable travesty if we don't bring a CB in this summer.

It was needed last summer, then in January. Then we had some out through injury and got routinely beaten just to super-highlight it.

To now be down Downing and Rodwell, and still not bring anyone in...there could be no excuse, surely? I'm sure some desperate people would try though. Hope it doesn't come to that.

• Like 2

Just now, OssyLad said:

Liking look of that team today ??

Yes, it’s okay if you completely don’t look at the back 4!!! How can you be happy with that?! Bennett and Downing full backs with Mulgrew captaining us. Jesus Christ. As Miller says, that’s a relegation back 4 right there.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yes, it’s okay if you completely don’t look at the back 4!!! How can you be happy with that?! Bennett and Downing full backs with Mulgrew captaining us. Jesus Christ. As Miller says, that’s a relegation back 4 right there.

We’ll be in top 6 don’t worry 

If todays back line doesn't show him that he needs at least 3 new defenders then nothing will. It's a disgrace that a week before the season starts and we are putting out that backline. If defenders are not brought in by Saturday then Mowbray should be sacked for negligence.

• Like 2