BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

That line-up has saved me some money, I now know to give the first home game and first away game of the season a miss, and most of the season thereafter.

Edited by AAK

10 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Genuinely think Bennett has locked down that RB position this season. Not a chance he’d drop him and with an addition of another wide man (ahem, Gallagher), where else would he get in? Going to be one frustrating season for Nyambe. 

And us!

Mowbray loves Benno. Easy to see why. His attitude is spot on, works hard, tries to keep the team going, never one to give up etc.

He will be keen to keep in the team as much as possible. The breakthrough of Travis and the experience of Johnno sees him out of a CM spot. He'll keep him at RB for as long as poss.

Shame, looking at today's team we have no pace in that back 4 at all. Nyambe and Bell would go a long way to resolving that.

What I don’t understand is why we’ve not said to Bolton take butterworth till January till your takeover and players sign. He’d get every game under his belt, at a good level. If they couldn’t pay his wages then I’m sure it wouldn’t be that bad given he’s a lower earner here and unlikely to get that many minutes.

Additionally our fellow neighbours Bury could do with a player or two. Good PR exercise for our club too. 

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 5

Just now, davulsukur said:

And us!

Mowbray loves Benno. Easy to see why. His attitude is spot on, works hard, tries to keep the team going, never one to give up etc.

He will be keen to keep in the team as much as possible. The breakthrough of Travis and the experience of Johnno sees him out of a CM spot. He'll keep him at RB for as long as poss.

Shame, looking at today's team we have no pace in that back 4 at all. Nyambe and Bell would go a long way to resolving that.

I dont want to get on my we need a defence bandwagon again. Just want to enjoy a win and look forward to the new season

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

Clubs can’t go out and buy these players outright because the big clubs have hoovered them up with no real intention on playing them but make money out of loan fees.

If one of them turns good they get to keep them or any resulting transfer fee.

It has distorted the market even more in favour of the big clubs.

Can’t believe you’re in favour of that, Rev.

I don't agree that it's right that Clubs can hoover up thirty or forty players and make an industry out of it by sending them all  out on loan and charging a loan fee whilst at the same time ensuring their direct rivals can't get their hands on the player. In fact I think the Authorities are coming round to the same sort of view. Moves are afoot to limit the number of players Clubs can have out on loan to around seven I think. 

But that wasn't the original point you made that I replied to so you've changed the goalposts. The point was whether or not it's reasonable to insert a clause in a loan deal requiring a certain amount of game time and I think it is.

The Premier League Clubs are letting the lower tier Club borrow a far better player than they could afford to purchase outright, they're subsidising most of the player's wages and in return they need to see the player get game time.

And from the loanee Club's point of view, what's the point in signing ANY player if you're not going to play them? And if they do turn unexpectedly turn out to be a dog with fleas you can still opt not to play them, you just take a bit more of a financial hit on the deal just as you would if you signed someone permanently and they flopped.

I can't see the problem.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't agree that it's right that Clubs can hoover up thirty or forty players and make an industry out of it by sending them all  out on loan and charging a loan fee whilst at the same time ensuring their direct rivals can't get their hands on the player. In fact I think the Authorities are coming round to the same sort of view. Moves are afoot to limit the number of players Clubs can have out on loan to around seven I think. 

But that wasn't the original point you made that I replied to so you've changed the goalposts. The point was whether or not it's reasonable to insert a clause in a loan deal requiring a certain amount of game time and I think it is.

The Premier League Clubs are letting the lower tier Club borrow a far better player than they could afford to purchase outright, they're subsidising most of the player's wages and in return they need to see the player get game time.

And from the loanee Club's point of view, what's the point in signing ANY player if you're not going to play them? And if they do turn unexpectedly turn out to be a dog with fleas you can still opt not to play them, you just take a bit more of a financial hit on the deal just as you would if you signed someone permanently and they flopped.

I can't see the problem.

67B68580-59B6-4707-BB71-E855958E20B7.thumb.jpeg.55d4e5e4d1e02c125dbc69b6b2247b98.jpeg

It’s right there, Rev.

16 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Bennett and Downing at fulbacks.

Rothwell on the benchh

He either doesn't get it, or simply doesn't want it.

Mowbray out?

Mowbray has also made about 10 substitutions. Does he know that he can only make 3 in a league game?

He either doesn’t get the rules or doesn’t want it.

Or maybe it’s just a pre-season game.

Let’s at least wait until Charlton before losing our collective s***.

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg
  • Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

67B68580-59B6-4707-BB71-E855958E20B7.thumb.jpeg.55d4e5e4d1e02c125dbc69b6b2247b98.jpeg

It’s right there, Rev.

But we wouldn't be in the market for those players on a permanent basis anyway were they available, we're operating in a different marketplace.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

But we wouldn't be in the market for those players on a permanent basis anyway were they available, we're operating in a different marketplace.

Someone else would. And then we’d be in the market for the players they currently have.

It used to be called the football food chain. That’s been replaced by a football rental agency with conditions attached.

Ambitious clubs sign up and if they are lucky they get to the big league and can afford to buy their own. If they are unlucky those players leave - with no revenue in return - and they drop down the leagues. Meanwhile these franchised players just go from club to club being loaned out again so they will always play at PL or Championship level if that’s what their parent clubs want. It’s effectively legalised third party ownership.