BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Mike E said:

Can't find much about Bormuth.

57 apps in last 3 years is all I can glean from anywhere reliable.

Doesn't sound like he plays that much BUT nor did our last defender signed from Germany.

According to Wiki he made 10 appearances for Fortuna Dusseldorf last season, they finished 10 th in the Bundesliga

Just now, SkipDonoghue said:

Don't just class JRC as a midfield player he can play anywhere and I mean it when I say it, (I don't know another player in League football who can cover as many positions) and I'm not talking just fill in but actually make it their own, he is a Swiss army knife of a player, he has taken TM by surprise with his adaptability and versatility and quality 

He might be able to play any position in the under 23's but as Nuttall shows, playing Championship level is totally different.

He needs a position nailing down if he's stepping up. Otherwise he'll be another Bennett, average everywhere or Phil Jones, just ruined entirely.

• Like 1

Just now, davulsukur said:

He might be able to play any position in the under 23's but as Nuttall shows, playing Championship level is totally different.

He needs a position nailing down if he's stepping up. Otherwise he'll be another Bennett, average everywhere or Phil Jones, just ruined entirely.

He does have a position as an attacking midfield player or box to box which ever you prefer, but so did Trent Alexander Arnold, Ashley Young, Zinchenko, Wan Bissaka, Ashley Cole etc etc etc the now I'm not comparing JRC to any of these but the small list mentioned are just a few modern fullbacks who started out elsewhere, usually wingers or midfield players, the modern fullback now finds himself in the last 3rd of pitch and has to have attacking instinct and decent quality to deliver so understanding the game and other areas of the pitch is so important this is something not all players are sure about, this is why they struggle to adapt to different roles, the players with a decent game IQ are the ones who can play anywhere 

JRC is at the minute an attacking fullback as this is what he is being asked to do, the best players cope with the different levels he will make the step from u23s to 1st team easily IMO

• Like 1

Just now, stinny1 said:

Does anybody know how much Blackpool are offering  for Nuttall

I’m not sure, just as a guess I’d say maybe a few hundred grand and a sell on fee. I’d take that, he’s not good enough for championship football yet and his performances in league one when we were there were awful too. 

47 minutes ago, skous18 said:

Was this the Sheff Wed’s game?

one played as a second striker, while the other played deeper in the middle.

the second striker one looked amazing - sharp, quick and skilful while the other looked nervous, not strong enough and definitely not ready yet

I thought Butterworth was the player who played amazingly, but everyone keep praising Buckley, so I might be having this two confused.

who is whom?

Butterworth played up front and he looked the better of the 2 on the day.  Buckley  seemed nervous for first part but improved  as the game went on.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, GunnerRover27 said:

Ben Hall from Brighton is free. 20 year old northern Ireland international, quite similar to Arsenal's Rob Holding, never got a chance at Brighton with dunk and Duffy

Who is Hall? what are his qualities? 

7 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Agreed Gavlar, my examples are old - bit like me - but are merely to illustrate that different clubs work in different ways.  The role of a sporting director who buys and sells players as opposed to the manager is probably the way we are headed and is very similar to the American model of a General Manager and a Team Manager.  I don't think that will happen with the present manager at Ewood but I can see it happening in the not too distant future when Mowbray leaves if someone like Johnson was appointed as manager to work with the players and a senior figure appointed above doing the administrative work, including the selling and buying .  We had something a little bit similar in the late sixties when Eddie Quigley was the team manager and Johnny Carey returned to Ewood as an administrative manager.  Quigley worked with the players and Carey did the paperwork etc.

Venus is abit more like DoF at the minute imo. 

I do feel that you are right about Johnson. I would be happy if he took over from Mowbray when he does leave

6 hours ago, OJRovers said:

Young center back Harry Soutter has rejoined Fleetwood from Stoke on loan.

I'd have been happy if he was the 'young loan' option if the city lad is messing around.

Did well last season and is 6'6 commanding in the box.

Yes I agree OJ

1 hour ago, JoeHarvey said:

big tall defender

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I can’t work out where this link has come from? Has Sharpe broken it?

Sharpe has broken the link

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Wish people would stop trying to convince themselves that the reason we haven't strengthened at the back is because we don't have the money or other clubs aren't prepared to sell. 

I agree we have the money. 

How do you know that we haven't had bids rejected for defenders already this summer? clubs know we want a defenders so prices go up. surely now time they were realistic as they will need money for their own signings

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

"Blackburn are interested in signing German centre-back Robin Bormuth, Sky Sports News understands.

The 23-year-old plays for Fortuna Dusseldorf in the Bundesliga, where he made 10 appearances last season.

Rovers have agreed a season-long loan deal with Manchester City for youngster Tosin Adarabioyo.

But the move has stalled so the Lancashire club are now exploring other targets, with Bormuth high among them."

• Like 3

Robin Bormuth seems to have been at Fortuna for some time and featured in their under 19s now 23. For what it's worth present contract appears to run to 2020 and transfer market puts value at 1.5M euro

Just now, Rogerb said:

Robin Bormuth seems to have been at Fortuna for some time and featured in their under 19s now 23. For what it's worth present contract appears to run to 2020 and transfer market puts value at 1.5M euro

i dont want him simply for the fact it will sound like we are robbing Bournemouth 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, SkipDonoghue said:

He does have a position as an attacking midfield player or box to box which ever you prefer, but so did Trent Alexander Arnold, Ashley Young, Zinchenko, Wan Bissaka, Ashley Cole etc etc etc the now I'm not comparing JRC to any of these but the small list mentioned are just a few modern fullbacks who started out elsewhere, usually wingers or midfield players, the modern fullback now finds himself in the last 3rd of pitch and has to have attacking instinct and decent quality to deliver so understanding the game and other areas of the pitch is so important this is something not all players are sure about, this is why they struggle to adapt to different roles, the players with a decent game IQ are the ones who can play anywhere 

JRC is at the minute an attacking fullback as this is what he is being asked to do, the best players cope with the different levels he will make the step from u23s to 1st team easily IMO

Not doubting your assessment Skip, in fact it's very encouraging.

I know a lot of players start out in different positions before finding a home somewhere, I just want him to find his sooner rather than later, to avoid him becoming a jack of all trades master of none.

If Full back/wing back is where his future lies, then great. We need good players in those areas! 

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Sadly whoever is in charge of negotiations be it Mowbray, Venus or Waggott it seems that they have had a very bad window and failed to convince multiple targets to join. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Sadly whoever is in charge of negotiations be it Mowbray, Venus or Waggott it seems that they have had a very bad window and failed to convince multiple targets to join. 

Although you would need to know the full story of each to be sure. Window doesn't close until 08/08/19 and its not just the individual players Rovers are talking to, these are business deals.

Edited by Cherry Blue
  • Like 2

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Sharpe seems to “break stories” soon after rumours start on twitter. Don’t know how good his connections are but this makes me cynical.

I think he probably has been asked by the club not to leak them so holds them until others release the info, very much the mouthpiece of the club 

• Like 4