BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Tom said:

I think he probably has been asked by the club not to leak them so holds them until others release the info, very much the mouthpiece of the club 

I know he is a Rovers fan. If I were a journo and a fan, why would I release details that may harm the club's chances? It is not like he is keeping quiet about Anderson or Kean is it?

• Like 4

Just now, Tom said:

I think he probably has been asked by the club not to leak them so holds them until others release the info, very much the mouthpiece of the club 

Good point. This would make sense.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

But he's a journalist not a club employee.

True, but he won’t have a job for long if he burns his bridges with the club. It looks like he broke the German defender story anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

But he's a journalist not a club employee.

A journo who relies heavily on club cooperation for what is probably one of the most popular parts of the paper. Lose or reduce your access by giving away what the club doesn't want you to, harm your work and your paper

• Like 3

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

He might be able to play any position in the under 23's but as Nuttall shows, playing Championship level is totally different.

He needs a position nailing down if he's stepping up. Otherwise he'll be another Bennett, average everywhere or Phil Jones, just ruined entirely.

Nonsense, his skill and versatility will make him indispensable for us. All the top teams in the world have players comfortable in many positions. 

Great to see Tony giving the youngsters a chance; hopefully the fans will as well. I wouldn't swap our youngsters for any in the division. Can't wait for next week. :-)

• Like 3

Just now, Vilesinner said:

Nonsense, his skill and versatility will make him indispensable for us. All the top teams in the world have players comfortable in many positions. 

Great to see Tony giving the youngsters a chance; hopefully the fans will as well. I wouldn't swap our youngsters for any in the division. Can't wait for next week. ?

Don't worry about the fans, they're way ahead of the manager!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pick32 said:

He will be good enough for the Championship personally I hope it’s a loan he will score 15+ for anyone in league one  next season

I don't rate him for our level, he's a very poor finisher. He'll be pretty decent in League One though and I hope he does well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Sadly whoever is in charge of negotiations be it Mowbray, Venus or Waggott it seems that they have had a very bad window and failed to convince multiple targets to join. 

I dont know how you can blame any of those 3 without knowing the full story why each transfer doesnt happen. 

They will be number of reasons why deals dont happen. Thats life. 

• Like 3

Just now, Vilesinner said:

Great to see Tony giving the youngsters a chance; hopefully the fans will as well. I wouldn't swap our youngsters for any in the division. Can't wait for next week. ?

Not that you'll see many youngsters on Saturday versus Charlton.?

Just now, bazza said:

I expect to see Buckley and JRC play some part. The U23s played at a higher level last year remember, and Damien Johnson has Tony's ear now. I expect Buckley, Butterworth, JRC, Hart and Grayson all to break through this year. :-)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bazza said:

Maybe not but it's not about next week it's about the season, TM now is aware that he has a decent group of young players coming through, who he can trust..... The big word is trust, he knows that when called up on JRC, Buckley, Butterworth etc etc won't let him down, if any young player can be involved 5/6 times off the bench from now until Christmas, that for me is a result, they can suplement game time with the u23s at the highest level available, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal etc and if they cant break in and everything is going great for the team, then come January the loan market will become attractive to the youngsters and as TM says that can then be looked at

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

True, but he won’t have a job for long if he burns his bridges with the club. It looks like he broke the German defender story anyway.

Actually it was Sky that broke the story. Sharpe just relayed the Sky story.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

It looks like it was after it was already out there?

Nope, tbf Sharpe tweeted around 2pm. Lyle Thomas (Of Sky) at 3pm and Sky got onto it around 4pm.

Edited by Paul Mani

4 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

I've heard Rovers want £400k with plenty of adons Blackpool aren't to keen at that apparently

I think that's fair of us. I was thinking myself that he's worth in the region of 500k with a hefty sell on, and could be worth close to double that if he has a good year in League One. I'd back him to finish in the top 5 scorers there if given a fair crack of the whip.

If they don't want to pay accordingly (which is fair enough, I assume they're not flush) then surely he can just be loaned and do enough for others to take note.

• Like 2