Neal

Summer Transfer Window 2019

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

Young center back Harry Soutter has rejoined Fleetwood from Stoke on loan.

I'd have been happy if he was the 'young loan' option if the city lad is messing around.

Did well last season and is 6'6 commanding in the box.

Souter no better than Magloire or Grayson, In fact he is worse, a big lad who can defend but no real pace and not as technically sound as the two mentioned

By end of the transfer window, I reckon we’ll see 3 new faces. 2 defenders and a winger. That’s what I’m hoping for anyway 😂

Just now, Doaksie said:

I think that's very telling. The better players that clubs want to keep - their value will increase in the closing days, as clubs put a premium on not being able to source a replacement. The lesser players that they want rid of - their value decreases as they become desperate to shunt them out. It lets you know definitively what market Tony shops in. I can't recall the last time we bought a player that the selling club wanted to keep - Rhodes I guess?

Brad Lyons ;)

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

The squad is only currently bloated in Midfield and the forward lines which effects Buckley and Butterworth. I can see  the latter going out but I’m pretty sure that Buckley will be in the match day squad (bench) straight away.

Grayson, Magloire and JRC are right in the mix as it stands with us losing Rodwell and Downing as well as injuries to Williams and Hart.

My personal opinion is that Buckley is ready to impact the first team now. The wildcard is Grayson. All would benefit from a year in league 1 but we have to look at our own interests first.

I only saw the one game with both player's.cameos, to me Butterworth shone brighter than Buckley, keep em both in house.

Just now, USABlue said:

I have a gut feel we are already being primed for Johno to take over first team management with Mowbary stepping upstairs in a DoF role.  If this means Damien integrating our seemingly very talented youth into our first team I am all for it.  Nothing I would like better than our first team to be made up of mostly top notch academy lads, A la early 90's Utd lot.

This makes sense, I think " the powers that be" see.the same flaws in Tony's management as we do, however I think they like him, a lot,  and are comfortable with the relative steadying of the ship he has captained.  Just looks to me like a no brainer, give Damien a little test run as assistant, see how he fares then pull the trigger.

Ideal scenario really for a club in our position right now although probably disagree about the flaws bit with TM if it does happen i think it's more down to him suggesting it.

9 minutes ago, USABlue said:

As someone else suggested I would not be surprised if the hold up was down to Tony's displace the incumbents rhetoric.  City and the lad will want more.assurances.of first.team appearances, expect this deal to go south.

Tosin is waiting to see what else comes up, the window for loans doesn't close until 31st August, he's playing the waiting game, he and City will wait, he apparently has a slight muscle injury at the minute, the old slight muscle injury ploy hmmm

Just now, USABlue said:

I only saw the one game with both player's.cameos, to me Butterworth shone brighter than Buckley, keep em both in house.

Buckley, Butterworth and Rankin-Costello (JRC especially has had a few) will be going know where, I know all 3 have had interest in loan moves and all 3 have basically been told we want you to stay and try to get in the 1st team

Edited by SkipDonoghue

Just now, USABlue said:

I have a gut feel we are already being primed for Johno to take over first team management with Mowbary stepping upstairs in a DoF role.  If this means Damien integrating our seemingly very talented youth into our first team I am all for it.  Nothing I would like better than our first team to be made up of mostly top notch academy lads, A la early 90's Utd lot.

This makes sense, I think " the powers that be" see.the same flaws in Tony's management as we do, however I think they like him, a lot,  and are comfortable with the relative steadying of the ship he has captained.  Just looks to me like a no brainer, give Damien a little test run as assistant, see how he fares then pull the trigger.

It makes good sense, therefore it seems doubtful!

Just now, neophox said:

BBrovers: any clue on the defender thats about to sign? Cant be Arabioyo.

Nope not heard anything. I still expect arabioyo to go through though 

Just now, SkipDonoghue said:

Souter no better than Magloire or Grayson, In fact he is worse, a big lad who can defend but no real pace and not as technically sound as the two mentioned

We sign wingers but we rarely play them! Will we ever see Chapman in a first team game I wonder?

Just now, SkipDonoghue said:

Tosin is waiting to see what else comes up, the window for loans doesn't close until 31st August, he's playing the waiting game, he and City will wait, he apparently has a slight muscle injury at the minute, the old slight muscle injury ploy hmmm

Unless he wants to play in league 1 or 2 the loan window closes on the 8th

Just now, pick32 said:

True, Championship is now under same rules as PL from this window. All incoming transfers and loan must be completed by the 8th. Outgoing loans to League 1/2 can happen untill 31th, which means Mowbray might hold on to most youngsters to late August. 

Just now, 47er said:

We sign wingers but we rarely play them! Will we ever see Chapman in a first team game I wonder?

I think he's well down the pecking order at the minute IMO, he is with the 23s again today against Southport, so possible chance to shine and try to get back in, he is up against stiff competition, there are no free rides

If the players aren't at it the young players are ready to step in TM has looked long and hard at Hart, Grayson, Butterworth, Magloire, Rankin-Costello, Buckley and he likes what he's seeing, Chapman, Nuttall etc need to step up or they will be left behind

If the senior players go on a run like they did halfway through last season where they couldn't buy a win, TM knows he has the players at his disposal to step in and this time IMO he won't let a run like that drag on and the beauty of it all is the senior players now know there will be a young lad breathing down there knecks ready to take his shot when it comes if he doesn't perform

Just now, pick32 said:

Yeah sorry your right my bad, he has until the 8th 

It's quite refreshing to see people so enthused by the current crop of youngsters. Feels like we might be entering one of those periods when we have a glut of them making the breakthrough which can only be a good thing.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

I will post my real fear about this window.

Look at Premier League transfer action, or lack of it.

At least half the clubs are leaving their moves to very late. We are far from out of danger on Lenihan and Dack.

Bloody hell Philip. One day you are having a pop at fans who bemoan the lack of activity (particularly defensively) and now you are insinuating that our two stars could be sold.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

At this stage of the window, we have to be absolute a-holes on the price. At least £20m for Dack.

I know I got clobbered for reporting a private conversation at Man U but for all the noise from Old Trafford, they have done remarkably little business and that squad needs a radical sorting out.

Very divided as what to do with Dack - we now have a number of players that can play his role - including Buckley and Rothwell - my only concern is whether they have the same goal threat as Dack.

It was interesting yesterday to see him playing the 2nd part of the match centrally as a "false 9" - in the first half he seemed to drop more into midfield.

At the moment - £20m for Dack - with £5m used on a decent centre half - and the rest to keep us within FFP - might make good business (both financially and on the field)

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Bloody hell Philip. One day you are having a pop at fans who bemoan the lack of activity (particularly defensively) and now you are insinuating that our two stars could be sold.

Not in the least contradictory.

1) The window lasts to 8 August, not yesterday. I have always argued for a beast of a central defender being our most pressing need this window but there are 11 and a half days to go before we need to start closing the over bridges on the M65 to prevent Rovers fans leaping off them.

2) In the same spirit of there being 11 and a half days before we have failed to sign the central defender we need, there are eleven and a half days for at least ten Premier League managers to escape the pressures their lack of acquisitions this summer are creating for them. Idiotic not to be alive to the risks that poses. I am feeling particularly uncomfortable about Bruce at Newcastle.

Edited by philipl

10 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Very divided as what to do with Dack - we now have a number of players that can play his role - including Buckley and Rothwell - my only concern is whether they have the same goal threat as Dack.

It was interesting yesterday to see him playing the 2nd part of the match centrally as a "false 9" - in the first half he seemed to drop more into midfield.

At the moment - £20m for Dack - with £5m used on a decent centre half - and the rest to keep us within FFP - might make good business (both financially and on the field)

Agreed. The only worry is whether any of it will go to addressing our porous defence!

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

As long as they get games, for sure. You just wonder who in the first team would be dropping below them in the pecking order. If Buckley is being seen as a CM option then he has Travis, Johnson, Evans, Smallwood and even potentially Bennett to contend with. If it's AMC then he's got Dack and Rothwell to get past. I'm not sure what position we're thinking about for JRC, he's just classed as a "midfielder" on the website so assumedly facing similar obstacles? 

Just now, DE. said:

As long as they get games, for sure. You just wonder who in the first team would be dropping below them in the pecking order. If Buckley is being seen as a CM option then he has Travis, Johnson, Evans, Smallwood and even potentially Bennett to contend with. If it's AMC then he's got Dack and Rothwell to get past. I'm not sure what position we're thinking about for JRC, he's just classed as a "midfielder" on the website so assumedly facing similar obstacles? 

they will be on the bench as impact subs,depending on how the game is going.