BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Ah, so 10 mins. Still think he prob had this one and waited until it sneaked out before going ahead. He usually says he needs to check it out first.

Still can’t see many of you being happy if we do sign Ada and this guy. I’d put decent money on some grumbling if we signed Messi! 

“He’ll never do it on a cold Tuesday in Wigan!!” ???

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Ah, so 10 mins. Still think he prob had this one and waited until it sneaked out before going ahead. He usually says he needs to check it out first.

Still can’t see many of you being happy if we do sign Ada and this guy. I’d put decent money on some grumbling if we signed Messi! 

I'll be honest Paul, I'd prefer someone a little more seasoned, in this league if possible. I feel like Tosin would be a good addition if it was him and an experienced Championship (or other top flight...and no not just ten games) CB, as long as we don't have a clause where we have to play him. Alongside a 23 year old with only ten Bundesliga appearances though, I'd be wary. Could turn out to be a gem of course. I recall the last time we bought a fringe squad player CB from a German side. Worked out pretty well! Just think it's a little risky to tie up our defensive reinforcements purely in  young lads, but I won't be slamming it if it's these two. It'd be a 'wait and see with reservations'.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

I'll be honest Paul, I'd prefer someone a little more seasoned, in this league if possible. I feel like Tosin would be a good addition if it was him and an experienced Championship (or other top flight...and no not just ten games) CB, as long as we don't have a clause where we have to play him. Alongside a 23 year old with only ten Bundesliga appearances though, I'd be wary. Could turn out to be a gem of course. I recall the last time we bought a fringe squad player CB from a German side. Worked out pretty well! Just think it's a little risky to tie up our defensive reinforcements purely in  young lads, but I won't be slamming it if it's these two. It'd be a 'wait and see with reservations'.

Fair.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Youd lose decent money then.

• Backroom

I like Rich, think he does a good job, he’s been open saying it’s a big gamble for Mowbray to sell Raya and replace with a loan but it wouldn’t be worth his while to go against the club too much, and it’s not like at the moment we need hard hitting stories 

• Like 9

Just now, Swanson said:

“I’m hopeful we’ll have a player signed on Monday but let’s wait and see"

So Tosin or Robin tomorrow then?

I wouldn't hold your breath. Think TM should keep quiet till players are pictured holding the scarf 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alex l said:

A journo who relies heavily on club cooperation for what is probably one of the most popular parts of the paper. Lose or reduce your access by giving away what the club doesn't want you to, harm your work and your paper

What's the point in access if he never does anything with it though!

Really can't think of one transfer story he's broke this summer. If he's keeping his powder dry, we must be in for a massive scoop in the next week. 

• Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

Remember Rovers might go for two defenders.

Tosin deal done but complications with agent apparently.

Have read enough about him to want us to hang in there to get him.

Complications with the agent on a loan deal? Sounds a bit odd. Do loan deals have agent fees too? I suppose they would in this day and age.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tormund said:

An overseas signing, who’d have thought it!

6ft3 and quick, just what we need.

A guy who’s lad plays in the academy was saying in Hare &Hounds at lunchtime that we are in for Croatian international centre back called Skoric captain of Osijek. He said it will happen after this weeks Europa league game v CSKA Sofia and for £1.5m

didnt think much of it at the time but may be we’ve moved on from the city lad 

no idea how strong this is but just passing on what was said  

• Like 3

Just now, TBTF said:

A guy who’s lad plays in the academy was saying in Hare &Hounds at lunchtime that we are in for Croatian international centre back called Skoric captain of Osijek. He said it will happen after this weeks Europa league game v CSKA Sofia and for £1.5m

This guy? https://www.transfermarkt.com/mile-skoric/profil/spieler/71594

Just now, TBTF said:

Sounds good mate if true. Must be so many gems out there for small fees.

What pees me off on this board is the obsession with  what a player cost . Too me this doesn't  matter i just want the Rovers too be competitive on the field of play . And if a player is going for silly money  its the way the game has gone . I'm more concerned  with Tony getting  players in to the club and giving us some hope

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

To be fair mulgrew and Rodwell certainly didn't do it last season on a cold Tuesday night in Wigan.

• Like 3

Just now, Swanson said:

Bloody hell wish Mowbray was that quick !!

yes I think that looks right from what they guy said . Apparently a no nonsense leader - Rangers played them in Europa league recently(?) and we’re keen on him . 

Thats about as far as it went before it was my round !!

• Like 2

Just now, Tormund said:

Seems so easy doesn’t it. Don’t know what goes on behind the scenes. 

If it’s true then maybe they have done and fair play in that case . I’m just trying to find out if Skoric ever played against Middlesbrough !!!!

Just now, Swanson said:

Ugly bastard. Perfect! Won't be afraid to shove his face in front of a foot or get punched for being a git. Might be hoping for it, to accidentally improve his face!

28, which I tend to regard as a CB's typical peak. Couple of Croatia caps, captain of his side, who finished 3rd in the Croatian league. Hardy lot those Eastern Europeans. Tall enough without being a giant, at 6 ft 1 and a half according to Wiki. Shorter than Mulgrew but unlikely to be worse in the air. Profile sounds alright to me.

• Like 1