BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

• Backroom
Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Swap with Ipswich for that keeper for nuttall , seems like a win- win 

Not for us, Bialkowski is a very poor keeper - hence Milwall being the only team interested. 

Just now, J*B said:

Three points are available as of August 3rd. You would like to think any player has 7 days to integrate into the squad, especially if overseas.

That means... oh, wait a minute.

Yep. 

Not just a criticism of us but I've never understood why Clubs leave a large proportion of their business until the last few days of the window.

If Clubs persist in leaving it to the last minute the authorities might as well reduce the transfer window to a month like January. 

But you could just imagine the outcry from the Clubs were that to happen

Just now, DE. said:

Not for us, Bialkowski is a very poor keeper - hence Milwall being the only team interested. 

Ipswich keeper with a foreign sounding name - as European as Mowbray and his scouts can get !!!

Just now, DE. said:

He is not very poor. Been one of the best keeper in Championship for years. Didn't reach his best last season but was player of the year for Ipswich 3 season in a row before that. 

Ipswich has turned down bids of 2-3 mill before last season. Would be a decent alternative to Walton. Problem is I can't see him coming as number 2.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, briansol said:

He is not very poor. Been one of the best keeper in Championship for years. Didn't reach his best last season but was player of the year for Ipswich 3 season in a row before that. 

Ipswich has turned down bids of 2-3 mill before last season. Would be a decent alternative to Walton. Problem is I can't see him coming as number 2.

Ipswich fans aren't bothered about losing him, which should tell you enough. He might have been a good keeper in the past (although still made plenty of mistakes) but he isn't now. If he was that good he'd have much more interest. Ipswich aren't asking much for him - they've already brought in a keeper to replace him. They just want him gone.

For me he wouldn't be a capable no2 as I wouldn't be confident with him between the sticks. But you are right in that I doubt he'd want to come here as a backup keeper, and he wouldn't be asking for the type of wage a backup keeper would be making anyway. Probably why it's definitely a no go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

If the blockage is one of our football people, City’s people or the players people, I agree. If the blockage is the ownership, then that’s a different kettle of fish as moving onto the next target could well have exactly the same issue. Plus telling your owners to stuff it because they are taking too long could well introduce new logjams.

I would imagine getting Mowbray//Waggot/Venkys aligned on anything isn’t as easy as it’s made out on here.

He got them aligned for the forward and midfielders we dont need, has he now done his money or just simply mismanaged the entire window ??

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

And nuttall is a very poor striker, just spreads our squad a little. Need to cut our strikers and mids down 

He is limited but the one thing with him he knows where the net is. He may not do the fancy stuff but has a poacher he is in the right place at the right time consistently and that can’t be trained

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Hes an excellent keeper at this level. Presume youve never seen him play mate? Hes a very good keeper.

58 minutes ago, DE. said:

Ipswich fans aren't bothered about losing him, which should tell you enough. He might have been a good keeper in the past (although still made plenty of mistakes) but he isn't now. If he was that good he'd have much more interest. Ipswich aren't asking much for him - they've already brought in a keeper to replace him. They just want him gone.

For me he wouldn't be a capable no2 as I wouldn't be confident with him between the sticks. But you are right in that I doubt he'd want to come here as a backup keeper, and he wouldn't be asking for the type of wage a backup keeper would be making anyway. Probably why it's definitely a no go. 

He was excellent until last season when he picked up a bad injury, when back ipswich were already down, relegation does that to fans, they taint their image of players after a relegation. 

Ipswich are in league one with no money, they cant ask for much, and will want a big earner off of their books, similar to us replacing robinson with frigging jake kean after relegation.

• Like 1

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

No offence mate but bog off, I have my own mind. 

Shunted out at city, Aberdeen, failed to light up loan stints at Dumbarton and Stranraer. He has a poor touch, can’t run with the ball, can’t hold up, not seem him show anything in the air. He can bundle the odd goal in but he will never amount to more than a league one clogger. Absolutely no way will he ever be good enough for us. Blackpool is about his level and he will carve a decent journeyman footballer in the lower leagues. But don’t ever say I’m just following the crowd again thanks 

Totally agree, very poor footballer.

• Like 1

It's a peculiarity that we have added very few defenders to our squad since Mowbray has been manager. In fact a quick look shows we have made a total of 31 permanent signings in that time and only 6 of them have been defenders. Of the six, three have been and gone since and the only one to make a significant number of appearances for the first team is Amari'i Bell. Barring Bell and converting Bennett to a right-back as it stands our main defensive options are exactly the same as they were three seasons ago when we started that ill-fated season under Coyle minus old hands Brown, Greer and Ward padding out the squad we now have more options from the youth team to call upon as back-up at the moment.

Perhaps the reluctance to strengthen is due to an unwavering faith Tony has in the likes of Lenihan, Mulgrew, Williams and Nyambe (all four of whom are full internationals I might add). The common agenda on here is that there's doubts over the overall quality of these players and that we need to bring in better quality ones. In fact the signings we've made so far in defence suggests maybe he just doesn't see it that way. In the past the likes of Paul Downing, Caddis and Rodwell have all been brought in to booster the squad rather than to be first choice options, I could be wrong but it seems to me that any defensive signing we make this window would likely fall in this category as well.

Edited by grizfoot
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Pepsimaxblack said:

Disagree strongly with this, Nuttall is a goal scorer, you just seem to be following the popular opinion that clueless rovers fans seem to take. xx

Imagine calling other Rovers fans "clueless" for thinking a player like Nuttall is poor. Based on his first team performances there's nothing to suggest otherwise. 

• Like 6

I see McBurnie is going for 20 million this summer? I think I was in a very small minority (of about 1) in wanting him last summer. Would've been cheaper than big bad project signing Ben and yielded an instant profit. 

I'm bloody good me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, philipl said:

On Tosin, deal terms with City were agreed nearly two weeks ago. There are hints of personal/ agent/ parental issues. 

Mental. A loan deal should be relatively straight forward one would imagine. 

3 hours ago, philipl said:

On Tosin, deal terms with City were agreed nearly two weeks ago. There are hints of personal/ agent/ parental issues. 

This is the second time I've seen parental issues suggested (not sure if both were by you). He's 21...if his parents are still making his decisions for him, that doesn't suggest the no-prisoners defender we need.

Skoric would charbroil his parents and feed them to him. If he was even feeling nice enough to charbroil them.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, J*B said:

Three points are available as of August 3rd. You would like to think any player has 7 days to integrate into the squad, especially if overseas.

That means... oh, wait a minute.

Yup, be brilliant wouldn’t it. But look around you, nearly everyone is in the same boat. Waiting for the last week to do their business. Historically this has dragged on much longer (Aug 31st) so all fans should count their blessings as the jousting will soon be over.

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yep. 

Not just a criticism of us but I've never understood why Clubs leave a large proportion of their business until the last few days of the window.

If Clubs persist in leaving it to the last minute the authorities might as well reduce the transfer window to a month like January. 

But you could just imagine the outcry from the Clubs were that to happen

Clubs leave it to the end to see which one finally succumbs to pressure and takes a discount. Then it creates a domino effect. ‘We can now have this player for y so we might as well let our player go for x.’

They have cut the Summer transfer by three weeks to combat this problem and it’s frustrating for the fans. But ultimately it saves clubs millions to wait. 

The trick is to do the deal whilst they’re desperate but not too late when they cannot replace them and the fee goes up! 

Anyone still saying they feel comfortable should have a look at the Sheffield United deadline day transcript posted a few pages back. Leave it that late and everything can easily become out of our hands. Its not good it has been left this late. I'm sure its not for the want of trying. And personally I don't blame Mowbray. I think we are lacking another member of staff who's job it is to help get these deals over the line

4 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

No offence mate but bog off, I have my own mind. 

Shunted out at city, Aberdeen, failed to light up loan stints at Dumbarton and Stranraer. He has a poor touch, can’t run with the ball, can’t hold up, not seem him show anything in the air. He can bundle the odd goal in but he will never amount to more than a league one clogger. Absolutely no way will he ever be good enough for us. Blackpool is about his level and he will carve a decent journeyman footballer in the lower leagues. But don’t ever say I’m just following the crowd again thanks 

Nuttall isn’t worth persevering with. He was a pretty poor striker who has been coached well by Jonty and the first team to be a quality League 1 striker. His stock is up at the mo and with Graham, Gally, B.B. and Arma in those positions, the time has come to cash in imo.

• Like 4

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

Anyone still saying they feel comfortable should have a look at the Sheffield United deadline day transcript posted a few pages back. Leave it that late and everything can easily become out of our hands. Its not good it has been left this late. I'm sure its not for the want of trying. And personally I don't blame Mowbray. I think we are lacking another member of staff who's job it is to help get these deals over the line

Did Mowbray not say he stays out of the numbers? 

3 hours ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

Parental issue, it's just down the road.... 

Bloody agents I would think! 

If you Google him, he has a single mother and two siblings. He bought a house for them all when he was 19 which cost over £2 million which even on City wages means he owes somebody a large amount of money. My guess his agent has excessive control but Mowbray has hinted his Mum is also involved in the delay.

In my opinion there are a whole host of clubs in the very same or worse position than we are. I can’t understand why people can’t see this, all clubs are sitting back and waiting for the last few days hence why we can’t or haven’t sold players YET.

• Like 2