BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

17 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

And how good would it really be if we managed to suppress some of the negativity ? Nothing better than a loud and raucous Ewood Park when the support rallies so does the team no matter who is on the pitch

What negativity? The crowd has been great in Mowbray’s time.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

You think we don't need defenders? 

Are you saying that Kenny didn't invest in the defence because he didn't spend loads? - same goes for Hughes too: Mokoena £300 K I believe and Nelson also a pittance. Don't confuse investment and strengthening with big spending. The two don't always go together as a certain Bereton transfer will attest to. 

Bit worrying if you genuinely can't see top quality managers investing in their defences. 

Wonder whatever happened to Sparky's overseas scouting network??? ?

Maybe, just maybe there may be some mileage in the German lad coming?

BRIGHTON DEFENDER LEAVES CLUB

Brighton defender Markus Suttner has left the club to join Fortuna Dusseldorf.

The 32-year-old has returned to the Bundesliga after playing six times during a loan spell with the club last season.

This will leave room for our target to leave.

• Moderation Lead
31 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

And how good would it really be if we managed to suppress some of the negativity ? Nothing better than a loud and raucous Ewood Park when the support rallies so does the team no matter who is on the pitch

You’re confusing two completely different things- I.E, the ’negativity’ on here and the atmosphere at Ewood Park. 

They pretty much aren’t related at all.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 7

Just now, 4000Holes said:

Maybe, just maybe there may be some mileage in the German lad coming?

BRIGHTON DEFENDER LEAVES CLUB

Brighton defender Markus Suttner has left the club to join Fortuna Dusseldorf.

The 32-year-old has returned to the Bundesliga after playing six times during a loan spell with the club last season.

This will leave room for our target to leave.

Suttner's a left back and was on loan there last season so I doubt it will make a difference.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Are you really trying to claim that there is a connection between the MB and not having a "loud and raucous Ewood Park'? Ridiculous if you are.

What you are on about is actually censorship on here. If people have doubts about the way things are being handled at Ewood----this is the place to express them. That is what its for----all things Rovers.

I take it you wouldn't prefer people to express their "negativity" at the ground?

In reality, people will say what they want to and there's nothing you can do about it, nor should there be. Rather than look for the traitors within, how about we return to talking football?

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, J*B said:

Decided to play with Google Maps this evening.

I've calculated the amount of time Tosin Adarabioyo has been linked with Blackburn #Rovers. The earliest link I can find is 21 days and 14 hours ago: 8am on the 9th July. 

Could you walk to Venkys HQ from Ewood Park in that time, I hear you ask?

No, is the answer. You would be in Kiev, the capital of the Ukraine if you had set off at exactly the same time. 

With just under 53 days left to travel. 

If we last until 22:12 tomorrow, we will reach Kaniv, one of the Ukraine's main inland ports, just off the Dnieper River. 

Go to sleep now mate, that's enough work for today ?

• Like 8

Just now, J*B said:

I've calculated the amount of time Tosin Adarabioyo has been linked with Blackburn #Rovers. The earliest link I can find is 21 days and 14 hours ago: 8am on the 9th July. 

No, is the answer. You would be in Kiev, the capital of the Ukraine if you had set off at exactly the same time. 

If we last until 22:12 tomorrow, we will reach Kaniv, one of the Ukraine's main inland ports, just off the Dnieper River. 

Presumably walking across water??

Awaiting Waggots and Balajis summer snippets.

TBH another centre back I’m reasonably happy just wish we were more creative in the market in regards to being abroad but I like the Britishness and grit it gives us hence Benno is no1. On the team sheet. 

Tosin coming in is good. One more decent centre half and I think I will say this has been an okay window in terms of bringing in players in the right positions.

That said the reason I will be optimistic for the season is far more due to the continued development of young players already at the club, I don't think we've really signed anyone this window to get excited about. 

Just now, J*B said:

I agree tellys been shite tonight

• Like 3

Just now, RovingRover said:

The hold up on the Tosin deal was over Manchester City demanding a minimum number of games played and Mowbray unwilling to promise he would be in the 1st team from the off.

I believe Rovers have compromised by allowing City the chance to recall him in January if they are not satisfied with his game time and development.

If that's true then I for one am glad that it's rumbled on and that we've not allowed ourselves to be bullied into giving City guarantees about the number of games played, which to my mind they have no right to expect. 

Yes one can argue that they're doing us a favour by loaning us one of their starlets, and I understand that they want to expose him to as many challenges as possible, but to actually want it written into the arrangement that he plays X number of games is out of order IMO.

Good for TM I say. He should decide who plays for us and when, not Pep. 

• Like 7

Just now, RovingRover said:

The hold up on the Tosin deal was over Manchester City demanding a minimum number of games played and Mowbray unwilling to promise he would be in the 1st team from the off.

I believe Rovers have compromised by allowing City the chance to recall him in January if they are not satisfied with his game time and development.

Ironic thing is City fudging about regards his getting game time has deprived Mowbray seeing him play for Rovers in pre-season which would have made it more likely he would be playing for us at the start of the season.

I think the move for Robin Bormuth is still there. But Rovers are possibly looking at a couple of other CB's in Holland and Germany. Haven't a clue who they are.

Good info, where you get this from? Also been told there is a few being looked at from Holland and Germany, max clarke being one 

• Like 1

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Good info, where you get this from? Also been told there is a few being looked at from Holland and Germany, max clarke being one 

The Tosin info came from a Manchester based journalist.
The transfer info from somebody else.

• Like 1