BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Considering Leslie's last few years in management not much of a loss.

No; as with many of the players who've moved on from Ewood over the years, we could make a good claim to have had the best years of his club managerial career.

• Like 2

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

He took it with him didn’t he? And all the files, I seem to recall reading

Surely the files would be property of the club? Most contracts I've signed for far more basic jobs have had some clause about the work I produce belonging to the company.

7 hours ago, K-Hod said:

You’re confusing two completely different things- I.E, the ’negativity’ on here and the atmosphere at Ewood Park. 

They pretty much aren’t related at all.

7 hours ago, 47er said:

Are you really trying to claim that there is a connection between the MB and not having a "loud and raucous Ewood Park'? Ridiculous if you are.

What you are on about is actually censorship on here. If people have doubts about the way things are being handled at Ewood----this is the place to express them. That is what its for----all things Rovers.

I take it you wouldn't prefer people to express their "negativity" at the ground?

In reality, people will say what they want to and there's nothing you can do about it, nor should there be. Rather than look for the traitors within, how about we return to talking football?

Of course I am not linking BRFCS to general negativity around the club. There is still the apathy and fall out from Kean Coyle and co as well as the owners AND we still have 6000 missing supporters and more. You only have to read LET comments to see that. There are still the I won’t return brigade that need to move on and perhaps look at it from a different angle. Ewood would be a much better place than it is if the average home crowd increased by say 4K and then there is the positive knock on to the team. If our away support was replicated at home and by that I mean supporting the team and creating a good atmosphere then all would be better.

People can have their opinions, put them on MB’s yet won’t venture to the ground I believe the better option is to get to a Ewood and give your support to those on the pitch. Ewood is changing and the club is moving forward the stay aways won’t see that via a keyboard!

Thats the point I was trying to make.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mercer said:

Look, I've had enough of what I think is feckin claptrap from Mowbray.

'We need time to bed them in, they need to understand how we play, we need to improve their fitness levels, he's only a kid, he needs to learn how to play the position (not as good as Evans / Smallwood)'.

Numerous examples of us signing players and not playing them (Brereton), playing them out of position (Armstrong, Reed etc) or they seemed to be made of glass (Chapman, Davenport, Gladwin).

Mowbray has been here for two and a half years now and there is little evidence of success with his scouting network or his contacts.  History shows that there are diamonds to be found in both non league and lower league football (home and abroad) - to name just a few who readily come to mind, Keegan, Gordon Hill, Kevin Phillips, Cahill, Charlie Austin, Bullard, Troy Deeney, Smalling, Les Ferdinand, Rickie Lambert, Vardy, Stones, Lucas Neil, Colin Hendry, Samba, Nelsen, Nzonzi and even Mark Atkins from Scunny!!!

Sadly for Rovers, I think these days we end up mainly with the Gerard Ratner cr@p.

IMO, until we have a manager who knows, and can work, the market, we are going nowhere.

Hard to disagree with any of that. Although some of your examples are a little dated. Keegan?

Mowbray’s approach is a very very slow build which is at complete odds with our financial situation. Despite a huge downgrade in talent on the field our debt continues to grow.

It’s interesting and terrifying that one of the things a Bolton mate used to say all the time was that the club’s debt was almost all owed to Eddie Hall so not to worry (not that I was worried). That is eerily similar to us and Venkys. People say trust Mowbray, slowly-slowly, etc but if they lose patience or anything goes wrong, he won’t be out of pocket, he will just move on - or even retire. We need to reduce that debt which means promotion - minimum.

7 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Good info, where you get this from? Also been told there is a few being looked at from Holland and Germany, max clarke being one 

Max Clark would be exactly the type of LB signing we need.

I wonder if they’re after another CB as well as Ada? If so then there’s potential for three more signings this week if you add a keeper.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

Seems the race for Ben Gibson is hotting up, left out again last night for their game. Leeds, Forest and Boro been mentioned so far. It'll be interesting to see what kind of fee he goes for, really not sure why Dyche seemingly doesn't rate him at all.

33 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I wonder if they’re after another CB as well as Ada? If so then there’s potential for three more signings this week if you add a keeper.

What type of left back is Max Clark? 

Still expecting 2 or.3 incoming after Tosin deal? 

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

Seems the race for Ben Gibson is hotting up, left out again last night for their game. Leeds, Forest and Boro been mentioned so far. It'll be interesting to see what kind of fee he goes for, really not sure why Dyche seemingly doesn't rate him at all.

Weird one that tbh after spending all that money on him  

8 hours ago, RovingRover said:

The hold up on the Tosin deal was over Manchester City demanding a minimum number of games played and Mowbray unwilling to promise he would be in the 1st team from the off.

That doesn't sound like Mowbray ?

8 hours ago, RovingRover said:

I believe Rovers have compromised by allowing City the chance to recall him in January if they are not satisfied with his game time and development.

That's definitely happening then, i'm not doubting the lad is a good player but I just don't see how he plays regular here, this whole saga will end up being a complete waste of time IMO.

59 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think we need atleast one more CB in addition to Tosin. Hopefully a cash buy that will go straight into the team.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Hard to disagree with any of that. Although some of your examples are a little dated. Keegan?

Mowbray’s approach is a very very slow build which is at complete odds with our financial situation. Despite a huge downgrade in talent on the field our debt continues to grow.

It’s interesting and terrifying that one of the things a Bolton mate used to say all the time was that the club’s debt was almost all owed to Eddie Hall so not to worry (not that I was worried). That is eerily similar to us and Venkys. People say trust Mowbray, slowly-slowly, etc but if they lose patience or anything goes wrong, he won’t be out of pocket, he will just move on - or even retire. We need to reduce that debt which means promotion - minimum.

There was also a recent one at Huddersfield although nothing like our numbers where i think debt owed to the owner was put back onto the club when it changed hands. Not sure what's happened since but it's possible although the amount we owe them would shut the club overnight if they did that.  

Whilst it's secured in India if it is real debt then it's ok and i suppose the main thing is keeping the BOI happy.  Recent funding suggests they are happy with the squad value now as outlay is recoupable.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I think he's referring to Tony just playing his pals, but like his treatment of palmer

Despite Palmer's current £4.5m price tag, I wouldn't have wanted to have seen any more of him in a Rovers shirt.

Would you?

• Like 4

Just now, philipl said:

Despite Palmer's current £4.5m price tag, I wouldn't have wanted to have seen any more of him in a Rovers shirt.

Would you?

With the right manager, Palmer would of been a decent player. Doesn't help when you hardly play and when you do, you're out of position. Palmer got way too much stick for my liking. Him & Rothwell together would of been lethal IMO.

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not more lethal than Rothwell and Dack though, so there was no place for Palmer. 

Of course. But for people to say "wouldn't have wanted to have seen any more of him in a Rovers shirt" is trash talk really. He's had decent feedback from every club other than ours - Says alot about our manager really. He was in a same position at Bristol City being on the bench but made a decent impact there and their fans rated him.

Just now, Ossydave said:

Palmer was more a case of we had better options in that position tbh

The Palmer situation reminded me off the Alan Judge/Chris Taylor thing we had a few years ago. Whenever a slot opened up on the wing Bowyer played Chris Taylor rather than Judge, Judge left in the January due to lack of game time but if we'd played him instead of Taylor more then he wouldn't have left and he turned out to be by far the better player of the two. 

With Palmer, Mowbray tried to accommodate him out wide sometimes when really we should've been giving those chances to Rothwell (our own player) who I believe is a better prospect for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

Palmer was more a case of we had better options in that position tbh

Aye, and he never played Rothwell either until late on in the season.  Tony hasn't a clue what to do with Rothwell or palmer when he was here.....old skool is our Tony.

• Like 2

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Of course. But for people to say "wouldn't have wanted to have seen any more of him in a Rovers shirt" is trash talk really. He's had decent feedback from every club other than ours - Says alot about our manager really. He was in a same position at Bristol City being on the bench but made a decent impact there and their fans rated him.

Says a lot about our manager? Would ya stop. 

He played 14 games for us and scored 1 goal

He played 15 games for Bristol and scored 2 

Mostly from the bench in both cases. 

• Like 3

Asked a City fan I know for his opinion on Adarabioyo.

He described him as stylish but a bit lightweight for a bean pole.

Maybe that will work alongside Lenihan, but I would like to see a nasty centre half in the squad as well.

• Like 3