BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Tosin said in his interview that after speaking to the manager he wanted to come here. Said they manager wants to get into the play offs. He added then that he is here to play every week. 

Debunks a few conspiracies with those comments. Namely the one that Mowbray doesn't want to put too much pressure on by saying he wants to get promoted. Even though he has said numerous times this is the aim, some fans just can't seem to acknowledge this. Odd. 

• Like 2

Just now, Neal said:

Based on what West Brom fans are saying... I'm not sure about this one. Hopefully turns out OK here but seemingly a bit of a nightmare there. 

Ya, mixed alright. Apparently he started well in the middle, but not great at right back. I suppose Vincent Kompany might struggle at right back. It's a very different role. Some WBA fans said he was a far better centre half than Kyle Bartley. 

Just now, OJRovers said:

Welcome to the club (bench).

West Brom fans 99% negative about him, so unless he has a transformation then I’m not seeing him as the answer to our defensive issues.

UTTER RUBBISH FROM WHAT IVE READ

• Like 1

Just now, OJRovers said:

Got a link to any positive feedback from WBA fans?

Their main forum has a pretty long thread from the start of last season to the end which has a very mixed set of opinions.

Some don't rate him, others say that'd he was worth signing for a few million quid. Plenty saying that he was played out of position.

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, mixed alright. Apparently he started well in the middle, but not great at right back. I suppose Vincent Kompany might struggle at right back. It's a very different role. Some WBA fans said he was a far better centre half than Kyle Bartley. 

He's not really built to play right back is he in all fairness. A nippy little winger will be a nightmare buzzing about his beastly frame. He was subbed vs us at Ewood because Armstrong was causing him all sorts of issues I believe....

• Like 1

Be interesting to see how this side copes with a little bit of pressure this season. Sky sports EFL show today, tipping us as dark horses, as are a few other pundits and journalists, opposition fans also looking at us as a dark horse.

• Like 1

Just now, AAK said:

Be interesting to see how this side copes with a little bit of pressure this season. Sky sports EFL show today, tipping us as dark horses, as are a few other pundits and journalists, opposition fans also looking at us as a dark horse.

Interesting how other teams perceive us versus how we perceive ourselves.

I think alll fans can get a bit doom-and-gloomy at times, but this is a league that's full of sides taking backward steps this summer (I don't think we can really say the same about us).

Edited by Admiral Nelsen
  • Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, AAK said:

Be interesting to see how this side copes with a little bit of pressure this season. 

Based on our collapses last season whenever we got within sniffing distance of the playoffs I'm not especially confident. I think with another decent CB addition we have the ability to challenge top six, but the mentality of both the manager and the team needs to change significantly. More courage and belief required. We need to play teams like we believe we're a top six team, rather than going into every match like we're the underdog. 

• Like 5

Just now, DE. said:

Based on our collapses last season whenever we got within sniffing distance of the playoffs I'm not especially confident. I think with another decent CB addition we have the ability to challenge top six, but the mentality of both the manager and the team needs to change significantly. More courage and belief required. We need to play teams like we believe we're a top six team, rather than going into every match like we're the underdog. 

Think that would be my position as well mate.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/expert-view-new-blackburn-rovers-16673943

Seems like a good signing to me. Watched a few videos of him and he looks very quick, but also calm and composed at the back. Can’t wait to see him and Lenihan as the CB pairing.

Still a bit worried about our FB area though. Bennett/Nyambe and Williams/Bell were not convincing last season for me. 

• Backroom
Just now, Miker said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/expert-view-new-blackburn-rovers-16673943

Seems like a good signing to me. Watched a few videos of him and he looks very quick, but also calm and composed at the back. Can’t wait to see him and Lenihan as the CB pairing.

Still a bit worried about our FB area though. Bennett/Nyambe and Williams/Bell were not convincing last season for me. 

FB is definitely our weak point, and I think that's what teams will try to exploit. It wouldn't surprise me to see Downing playing often at LB, but that doesn't really fill me with confidence either. Our full backs are going to need cover from the players ahead of them, and I'm not convinced we have the personnel for that as Rothwell, Armstrong and Gallagher are not defensively-minded players. Travis and Johnson can do their best to help out in that regard but then our CB's will be left exposed, so, it's risky.

Just now, AAK said:

People at Sky and other media outlets generally have very little idea. They look on from afar, see a team that doesn't get much attention, see that it was midtable most of last season, see that it hasn't lost anyone significant and has added a couple of quite well known players and suddenly we are dark horses.

Those who watch us regularly.see the finer details of a team leaking goals which has done very little to address that and is likely to be kicking off on Saturday with the same defence as struggled last season.

You don't get out of this league without a solid defence that doesn't give goals away. The nearest team to doing so was Fulham but they had an outstanding collection of attacking talent to cover it.

• Like 1