BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Miker said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/expert-view-new-blackburn-rovers-16673943

Seems like a good signing to me. Watched a few videos of him and he looks very quick, but also calm and composed at the back. Can’t wait to see him and Lenihan as the CB pairing.

Still a bit worried about our FB area though. Bennett/Nyambe and Williams/Bell were not convincing last season for me. 

Last season, he could boast an impressive aerial duel success rate of 66.07% - that ranked fifth best in the Championship for all defenders who played over 2000 league minutes.

Sounds good to me!

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

Based on our collapses last season whenever we got within sniffing distance of the playoffs I'm not especially confident. I think with another decent CB addition we have the ability to challenge top six, but the mentality of both the manager and the team needs to change significantly. More courage and belief required. We need to play teams like we believe we're a top six team, rather than going into every match like we're the underdog. 

But Stoke, Middlesbrough, massive clubs for us to try and compete with 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Been told looking to do a deal on one from our scouting team in Germany/ Holland. Dont know if it’s that German bloke. Be surprised if we do any more in the English market 

are they still looking for another winger?

Just now, danger19_80 said:

Last season, he could boast an impressive aerial duel success rate of 66.07% - that ranked fifth best in the Championship for all defenders who played over 2000 league minutes.

Sounds good to me!

Conversely I think we were one of, if not the worst teams in terms of conceding goals as a result of aerial duels so he seems the perfect fit!

• Backroom
Just now, JHRover said:

People at Sky and other media outlets generally have very little idea. They look on from afar, see a team that doesn't get much attention, see that it was midtable most of last season, see that it hasn't lost anyone significant and has added a couple of quite well known players and suddenly we are dark horses.

Those who watch us regularly.see the finer details of a team leaking goals which has done very little to address that and is likely to be kicking off on Saturday with the same defence as struggled last season.

You don't get out of this league without a solid defence that doesn't give goals away. The nearest team to doing so was Fulham but they had an outstanding collection of attacking talent to cover it.

To be honest both Norwich and Villa conceded what I would consider above average in terms of goals last season whilst getting promoted. Norwich conceded 57 and Villa 61, whereas Stoke way down in 16th only conceded 52. Obviously scoring 93 (Norwich) and 81 (Villa) helped them overcome their defensive issues, but in comparison Wolves only conceded 39 goals when they came top in 17-18, whilst Cardiff and Fulham conceded 39 and 46 respectively. Teams in general seemed to concede a hell of a lot more goals last season. No team in the top 8 conceded above 48 goals in the 17-18 season, whilst only Sheff Utd and Middlesbrough from the top 8 managed to concede less than 50 last season.

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

To be honest both Norwich and Villa conceded what I would consider above average in terms of goals last season whilst getting promoted. Norwich conceded 57 and Villa 61, whereas Stoke way down in 16th only conceded 52. Obviously scoring 93 (Norwich) and 81 (Villa) helped them overcome their defensive issues, but in comparison Wolves only conceded 39 goals when they came top in 17-18, whilst Cardiff and Fulham conceded 39 and 46 respectively. Teams in general seemed to concede a hell of a lot more goals last season. No team in the top 8 conceded above 48 goals in the 17-18 season, whilst only Sheff Utd and Middlesbrough from the top 8 managed to concede less than 50 last season.

That is interesting. Jesus Wolves and Cardiff, 39 goals conceded. That's impressive. Just goes to show the foundation promoted teams are built on. We need some improvement to get anywhere near that. If we do though, we are going up, because we are going to score a good few goals. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, DE. said:

Well said sir! We have a hell of a lot of firepower in the team, and a lot of great youngsters. I think Rovers are more than dark horses for the top 6 this year. 

Just now, Vilesinner said:

5th best heading stats in the division, is fast, two footed and has excellent passing stats. Should be good for us. 

Crucial when backs are to the wall. Hopefully a combination of this guy and the new keeper will make us a bit more secure from aerial bombardment!  

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

are they still looking for another winger?

They have made it known to a few that they would be willing to do a deal for wingers and keepers, they aren’t pressing hard but in the last week if clubs look to shift a few in/out they will be happy to pick up any bargains. Still a few to come is my prediction. I’d be surprised if we only do one loan 

• Like 1

Not overly excited about the Adarabayiyo deal.

Nearly every comment ive read from West Brom fans back up what I saw both against us and when they were on TV last season, he looked like bambi on ice. My main hope is that was just being out of position, as he has some attributes. Mowbray loves an out of position player but he referenced him as a centre back so I hope he only plays him there.

Definitely needs to be the first of 2 or 3. Concerning that hes not ready to slot right in because a defence of Bennett, Lenihan, Mulgrew and Bell/Downing is the defence we all dreaded.

Edited by roversfan99

• Moderation Lead

Yeah, given their versatility, he and Bennett will be very handy substitutes. ?

Yep, and that’s all they should be. 

They shouldn’t be starting games.

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

That is interesting. Jesus Wolves and Cardiff, 39 goals conceded. That's impressive. Just goes to show the foundation promoted teams are built on. We need some improvement to get anywhere near that. If we do though, we are going up, because we are going to score a good few goals. 

Very briefly checked back over previous seasons and last season was definitely an unusual one in terms of goals conceded at the top end of the table. The majority of seasons the teams at the top end did not usually concede much above 50. Norwich going up as Champions with 57 conceded is the most in Championship history (going back to when D1 was renamed to the Championship), so highly unusual. WBA conceded 55 when they went up as champions but that was way back in the 07-08 season (and guess who was managing them then?)

Believe it or not Burnley conceded just 35 goals when they went up in 15/16, whilst Boro in second conceded just 31!

Edited by DE.

To improve we have to buy better than what we already have. Hopefully he will get his chance to prove he is and then we can make a judgment.

His signing probably means either Magliore and Grayson (or both) will go out on loan.

5th best heading stats in the division, is fast, two footed and has excellent passing stats. Should be good for us. 

That sounds very promising. Two things that we lack in our defence - heading ability and pace - so hopefully he can help plug those gaps. We have to stop conceding goals from simple crosses into the box.  

• Like 1

Buzzing about this signing.

Pep doesn't waste his words. I discount most of the Baggies comments - you'd think Raya couldn't walk judging by some views on here after he left.

Key for me is he is a young player a year older so very decent chance he has come on quite a bit.

I fancy we will make one signing next week and we will see as many as four going out either permanently or on loan.

• Like 5

Just now, DE. said:

Very briefly checked back over previous seasons and last season was definitely an unusual one in terms of goals conceded at the top end of the table. The majority of seasons the teams at the top end did not usually conceded much above 50. Norwich going up as Champions with 57 conceded is the most in Championship history (going back to when D1 was renamed to the Championship), so highly unusual. WBA conceded 55 when they went up as champions but that was way back in the 07-08 season. 

Believe it or not Burnley conceded just 35 goals when they went up in 15/16, whilst Boro in second conceded just 31!

Burnley probably scored 34! Lol!  Maybe the league has become more attacking; definitely much more talent in it these days I reckon.

• Backroom

Burnley probably scored 34! Lol!  Maybe the league has become more attacking; definitely much more talent in it these days I reckon.

We'll have to wait a few seasons to know for sure, as the past few seasons were very much in line with the average stats for scored/conceded. As it stands last season was an anomoly. 

• Like 1