BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

13 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

‘so defensively we’re fine’

Tony, 69 goals against last season says otherwise. 

I thought defenders were coming? 

Or is this another thing the manager says that we shouldn’t pay attention to?

It’s definitely another one of those things you shouldn’t cherry pick out of an interview to get angry about imo..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Gutted if Nuttall leaves(for chump money!) Looks our most natural finisher after graham, has all the physical qualities to go with it and become a top championship goalscorer if given chance by a manager that supports him.

Definitely going to be one well regret letting go so easily in a year or 2.

He couldn’t manage it in Scotland and there is no evidence to support your theory as of yet especially from what we have seen so far

• Like 1

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

Give over

He is a pretty atrocious defender. The record when he didnt play last season was quite damning of him.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Bit drastic... but look at the facts.

Williams is injured, Rodwell is gone, Nyambe is a RB, Adarabioyo signed yesterday, no one else signed, Magliore and Grayson are teenagers.

Mulgrew is nailed on for the first game because we only have 2 senior, fit, central defenders. 

Mowbray will want to play all his faves against a team like Charlton in the hope we win by a few goals (possible). That way he can "justify" playing them for the next month or 3.

God help us if we start with Nyambe, Travis and Rothwell on the bench and win comfortably... Tony will feel justified to leave them out for ages.

F*cking dreading this happening. Not that I don't want us to win like... 

Edited by Neal

Good look to the nut, I think that's his level, I don't see a player with hunger to do it right at the top level of football, in time he could be an OK championship forward but we can't afford him time here so it's a good move all round. 

Time to move on Smallwood. I'm actually surprised a club like Blackpool aren't interested in him too tbh. Ideal player to help them out of that league. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2

Just now, Swanson said:

Great signing for them, good career move for him. I fear we might be the ones who this doesn't work out great for.

I hope we have received at least 500k for him, as I think that's his market value, and that we've included a significant sell-on (30% or more). I think a loan would have been best for us, as I think he'll bang a lot of goals in for Blackpool if played every week, and his value will double by the end of the season. He reminds me of a shitter, League One level Rhodes. Good knack for goals but limited all-round game. But with his size, and still being 22, I think he still has some potential for improving his all-round game.

Not ready to start in our first team by any stretch, and a lot of competition now to even make the bench, but capable of tearing up League One and potentially becoming a steady Championship striker.

With Grayson managing them, that could only be a season away. Like I say, I hope we've protected our investment with a hefty sell-on.

• Like 2

Just now, Swanson said:

Good luck Joe! Great move for him, hopefully we have sell on & buy back clauses.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-nuttall/profil/spieler/277069

Absolutely cracking scoring record during his short career so far - a goal every 132 mins in the first team and u23s.

Decent bet for top scorer in League 1?

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

Great signing for them, good career move for him. I fear we might be the ones who this doesn't work out great for.

I hope we have received at least 500k for him, as I think that's his market value, and that we've included a significant sell-on (30% or more). I think a loan would have been best for us, as I think he'll bang a lot of goals in for Blackpool if played every week, and his value will double by the end of the season. He reminds me of a shitter, League One level Rhodes. Good knack for goals but limited all-round game. But with his size, and still being 22, I think he still has some potential for improving his all-round game.

Not ready to start in our first team by any stretch, and a lot of competition now to even make the bench, but capable of tearing up League One and potentially becoming a steady Championship striker.

With Grayson managing them, that could only be a season away. Like I say, I hope we've protected our investment with a hefty sell-on.

You don't drastically improve your game at 22. He's a big unit who has a knack for scoring goals. He can't trap a bag of cement though so he'll never progress that high up the football pyramid.

Good move for both parties involved. 

Just now, Tormund said:

Mulgrew deserves a bit more respect to be honest. Yes he’s maybe not as good as he was but he’s done more than enough.

Top level sport is brutal.

He helped us get up, which we're all thankful for, but now he's a liability. We've thanked him by paying his wages - time to move on. 

• Like 3

• Backroom

Wish Nuttall nothing but the best, he’s a goal scorer and got some vital scruffy ones in our promotion season, hope he does well for himself 

• Like 4

Just now, Tormund said:

Mulgrew deserves a bit more respect to be honest. Yes he’s maybe not as good as he was but he’s done more than enough.

Agreed. We wouldn't even be in this league if it wasn't for his efforts in league 1 notably his crucial goal at Donny.

I don't think he should be first choice centre half this season but still have utmost respect for him.

Oh and for the record, he played against Charlton last time at home, and we got a clean sheet too ?

• Like 3

Just now, bboy said:

Fully agree, been a fantastic player for us it was only 8 months ago i'd say he was one of our key Players. certainly was for our promotion.

He's been in poor form/ injuries have take their toll but I have no problem with him in the squad as a bench option this season.

He'll likely start games until ada/ any new signings get up to speed. Then unless a drastic upturn in form will fade into a Conway role for a season or 2

But this total bashing he's get's is ridiculous.

As he is the one starting Saturday, I think everyone hopes his performances have improved. That's the reason for concern. 

Suggestion that The Nut went for about 750k. That is a plus in Tony's transfers, purchased for nothing and sold two years later for a significant profit. 

Wish him well, but no way is he a top class championship level striker. 

Hope that means there is more money available for a few more players. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tormund said:

There is no room for sentiment in football it is a ruthless business. Mulgrew has been a decent player for us but the key word there is 'has', his performances towards the end for season were an embarrassment. 

• Like 3

Just now, imy9 said:

Suggestion that The Nut went for about 750k. That is a plus in Tony's transfers, purchased for nothing and sold two years later for a significant profit. 

Was a Johnson signing, Mowbray takes no credit for it.

• Like 1