BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, J*B said:

No this is a moderator having an opinion. As per the thread in forum notices, its actively encouraged. We do not want or need robots, we want people to stop threads being derailed or ending up in slanging matches.

Hard to be even-handed when you're trolling the manager - as I've found.  20 years membership, three months, three bans.

• Like 3

Just now, danger19_80 said:

What does this even mean? We can or can't sign loan players after the 8th?

"While Rovers have until 5pm next Thursday to make permanent, and loan, additions, the window for loan signings for EFL clubs runs until August 31."

League One and Two teams have until 31st August to complete loans. We have until 5pm next Thursday.

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

Hard to be even-handed when you're trolling the manager - as I've found.  20 years membership, three months, three bans.

How can he troll the manager here? Unless I'm mistaken, the manager isn't a poster on these boards.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

By definition, you can't troll a person. The post you mention is nothing more than an opinion. An opinion many will not agree with - maybe - but one that's certainly not breaking any rules.

Edited by Mike E
You mistyped, and typed the opposite of what you meant.

Mulgrew does deserve more respect. Some views on here I find  abhorrent.

theres a reason we had 5th best defence at home and worst in the league away, and it isn’t solely Mulgrew.

Brad Johnson will make a huge difference. 

• Like 1

“Defensively, do we need another one? We’ll look, but only if it’s the right one who will bring some versatility.”

This baffling obsession with “versatility” needs to stop now, it’s got beyond ridiculous.

We need quality.

• Like 7

Charlie played 32 games as centre half and scored 10 goals in the Championship. He is a scottish international and had a bit of whack in form but he is still a very good player. Even Darragh had his patches so come on, the guy was amazing in our promotion season and is really fit and takes care of himself and is our Captain. Get behind him and the team, the season starts tomorrow!!

Edited by neophox
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, kokkini said:

Mulgrew does deserve more respect. Some views on here I find  abhorrent.

theres a reason we had 5th best defence at home and worst in the league away, and it isn’t solely Mulgrew.

Brad Johnson will make a huge difference. 

The stats show that we picked up far less points and conceded far more goals with Mulgrew playing last season. Does anyone have the stats at hand, there was a table last season that showed it? Also, he scored 10 goals but many were penalties and the goals often didnt lead to points. 

Bringing in a quality midfielder might make us better overall and indeed might help the defence but it wont change the fact that Mulgrew made us statistically defensively worse when playing than when not.

Its a shame because for his first 2 years he did well but sadly hes past it, it wasnt just a bad month or two it was a bad season and we need far better in defence than him.

• Like 1

Just now, neophox said:

Charlie played 32 games as centre half and scored 10 goals in the Championship. He is a scottish international and had a bit of whack in form but he is still a very good player. Even Darragh had his patches so come on, the guy was amazing in our promotion season and is really fit and take care of himself and our captain. Get behind him and the team, the season starts tomorrow!!

Im sure everyone will be behind him and the team in the ground, hoping we win as always. Airing a players incapability on an internet messageboard doesnt mean people wont support him. He didnt have a "bit of a whack in form" he was crap all season.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Im sure everyone will be behind him and the team in the ground, hoping we win as always. Airing a players incapability on an internet messageboard doesnt mean people wont support him. He didnt have a "bit of a whack in form" he was crap all season.

Hope he plays better this season then..

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Got a funny feeling he’s going to bang them in for Blackpool this season. Mercer, what odds would I get on him finishing top scorer in League One?

Nuttall not in betting yet.

Norwood and Marquis are about 8/1.

Out of the three, I'd normally go for Nuttall but think Ipswich and Pompey have better all round sides to help their strikers.

I think Nuttall will get 15 to 20 goals for Blackpool this coming season.

Out for dinner tonight with a Blackpool fan who uses the hospitality facilities there (asked me to Oxford match there later in month) and he reckons Sadler and Grayson are buzzing about the Nuttall signing.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, J*B said:

By definition, you can't troll a person. The post you mention is nothing more than an opinion. An opinion many will not agree with - maybe - but one that's certainly not breaking any rules.

I do not understand how a small number of posters get away with, several times a day, making the same point over and over again about TM.  He 's an idiot, he doesn't know what's he's doing, various players are useless.... They include Stuart, Rev Blue, Mercer, and others.  Lately, egged on by mods this seems to be the new norm, each encouraging the others to be more outrageous than the last.   When you try and call them out you are banned by one of the ring-leaders.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, J*B said:

Just noticed - you are boycotting.  Explain that one.

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I'm going to put my neck out and say I think nuttall will struggle at Blackpool before falling further down the leagues

Different leagues but I think Nuttall will score more goals for Blackpool this season than the combined efforts of Brereton and Gallagher for Rovers.

11 minutes ago, neophox said:

Hope he plays better this season then..

I hope hes not given the chance to play again, any chance of some sort of revitalisation seems incredibly pie in the sky.

That being said, it goes without saying that I hope every Rovers player does well and il be there on Saturday and thereafter hoping as such.

Just now, Mercer said:

Different leagues but I think Nuttall will score more goals for Blackpool this season than the combined efforts of Brereton and Gallagher for Rovers.

Maybe you should support Blackpool instead then. 

Any time Graham was replaced by Nutall it became clear how important Graham was. Nutall has a poor first touch and can't hold the ball up. Young Vale is already a better player than him imo. 

But I'd say Nuttall will score 12 to 15 goals; League 1 should be a decent level for him. 

• Like 2

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I'm going to put my neck out and say I think nuttall will struggle at Blackpool before falling further down the leagues

I’m not sure on ability or Blackpool but one thing I can say about him he does know where the net is. I can’t guarantee it but I feel you maybe a bit off the mark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

Any chance of the Nuttall money being used?

It hadn't actually occurred to me that by selling Nuttall we (presumably) add £750k* to our budget.

Gallagher in, Raya and Nuttall out. So we are about £1m* (plus decent wages on Johnson, Gallagher and Downing) down on a promised (similar) budget to last summer.

Mowbray claims the Raya money is untouched, meaning that (assuming Tony isn't full of shit) decent money is there to spend.

Sounds great but I certainly dont see us spending £4m - £8m in the next 7 days. Can only imagine.

26 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

It hadn't actually occurred to me that by selling Nuttall we (presumably) add £750k* to our budget.

Gallagher in, Raya and Nuttall out. So we are about £1m* (plus decent wages on Johnson, Gallagher and Downing) down on a promised (similar) budget to last summer.

Mowbray claims the Raya money is untouched, meaning that (assuming Tony isn't full of shit) decent money is there to spend.

Sounds great but I certainly dont see us spending £4m - £8m in the next 7 days. Can only imagine.

Maybe in some dream scenario we sold Nuttall to get that final bit of extra cash to sign a quality defender