BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Utter poppycock Mercer

I do believe that Nuttall will do well at Blackpool but you cant compare League One and Championship level players when you look at the opposition teams

The people up in arms and blaming TM for Nuttall not developing are the same people lambasting him for selling Paul frigging Downing and making out he was Maldini ?

It's clearly the right move for both parties, get over it.

• Like 4

Just now, pomster said:

No doubt Grayson junior will of given senior an heads up on Nuttall. How he trains, attitude etc 

I for one hope Nuttall does well and lights up league one, and wish him all the best!

By the sounds of it Grayson knows all about him from watching him play with his son in the u23's. Sounds like he's watched him a lot. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I'm not going to pretend he can defend just to be respectful.

Charlie has an absolute wand of a left foot. I don't think I've watched a Rovers player with better set pieces, probably even Bentley (hard to say though because Bentley was doing it in the Prem). His goal contribution is exceptional, a centre half has no right to score anything like that number, and he was so crucial to us in the League One season. He wasn't defending particularly well then either, but with the type of team we were relative to opponents, it didn't stand out as much or cause as many problems, and was easily outstripped by his goals.

For this league though, he is too slow, with poor positional sense, stands off too much, and we are suffering from playing him even when he launches those beauties into the net, as the stats back up. It's not disrespectful to say this, it's just reality.

Only fair to point out that he's a converted Centre-back and the defensive part of his game isn't up to it. Respect for what he's done in the past but concern about what is surely his last season with us.

TM is just too loyal to some players and should focus purely on ability.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, onlyoneDuff said:

Maybe if Evans would occasionally stick a foot in and break up the play in front of him Mulgrew wouldnt have been put in positions to be exposed...even better if Smallwood had a litle pace and wasnt chasing shadows...easy to blame Mulgrew when the two main men in front of him are substandard.

This.

But then again it's one for the manager to sort and he's given himself a few options now.  Evans is never going to turn into David Batty but for once in that spot it would be nice to have someone who can put a foot in AND pass the ball 3 yards instead of having 1 who can tackle and 1 who can pass backwards but sod all; else between them.

• Like 1

Surprised by some of the reaction to the Nuttall sale. He never looked remotely up to Championship standards. 

Selling Raya without an adequate replacement lined up is certainly worthy of criticism. Getting shot of our 5th choice striker for around 750k is not.

The fact that Samuel is still here is surely due to a lack of buyers rather than being ahead of anyone in the pecking order.

• Like 6

So I read comments on here about how this has been a bad window and TM is not a good man manager.... can I just take a minute to point out DACK this man is a real talent with a love of women beer and football but TM has him loving his football only drinking a little and only loving one woman...... then we have reed from last season who's attitude changed around February and TM started to drop him from the team. Then the nutt off to Blackpool thing..... when the hell in this league do we have the time or game to let the lad on the pitch for some game time!!! 

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

K-hod is very even handed in moderating the content that people post. Show me one example where he has banned someone simply for having an opinion - whether he agrees or disagrees with that opinion.

You must be really bored if you need to start picking an argument like this one.

Bored? More like paranoid.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Ossydave said:

The people up in arms and blaming TM for Nuttall not developing are the same people lambasting him for selling Paul frigging Downing and making out he was Maldini ?

I only ever saw people annoyed at not replacing Downing, rather than being upset at his sale tbh.

• Like 3

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Surprised by some of the reaction to the Nuttall sale. He never looked remotely up to Championship standards. 

Selling Raya without an adequate replacement lined up is certainly worthy of criticism. Getting shot of our 5th choice striker for around 750k is not.

The fact that Samuel is still here is surely due to a lack of buyers rather than being ahead of anyone in the pecking order.

Tbf who in their right mind would try and sign Samuel when he was out injured all season pretty much. He's had a few decent loan spells in league 1 previously,  which I imagine will end up being his eventual level, should he stay for for a prolonged period.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

What is this drivel about picking his ‘own man’? It was Mowbray who gave Joe the chance, signed him in the summer of 2017 AND gave him an improved contract ffs! ???. I wish you could ask Joe what he thinks about Mowbray and Rovers. How TM saw his potential at a really bad time for Joe personally and how Jonty and the club used their resources to develop and build him up. Earning him a new contract and some financial security for him and his mum. Joe would tell you that he owes everything he’s getting to those people.

Samuel was injured all last season!? So how on earth did he keep Nuttall out? Brereton struggled for form too so the only competition for Joe was DG. The fact of the matter is that he just isn’t good enough. If he were then there would be Championship clubs banging our door down at 6 figure fee for a goal scorer. There’s no hard feelings. It’s truly a win, win situation.

Man management - The ability to motivate and inspire a group to meet a collective goal. 

Everyone does it differently but if he had poor man management skills then there would be unhappiness around the squad. Poor morale. Stories of arguments leaking out. All of the evidence points to the opposite.

Tell me the last time you heard anything adverse about Mowbray. In the last 12 months we’ve signed Arma and Gally from PL teams who’ve taken wage drops to play for him. Dack and Rothwell have been on record as referring to him as a father figure. There’s so many more.

Spot on Paul. Totally agree with your post

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, 47er said:

Moderators aren't allowed to have a view and post it? Really? Wouldn't get moderators if that were the case.

Apparently not! 

Anyway, I’m off for an extended break.

This causes me much more stress than my 9-5 and I don’t get paid for it.

Thanks for the last 9 years everyone.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

My take - In the development of Travis and intro of Johnson we are now stronger in the middle. This will be proven by the omission of Evans who played most games last season. 

Raya has been replaced by Walton and at this point we cannot judge whether that is an improvement or not.

The introduction of Gally, Johnson, Downing, Tosin and Walton can be judged on quality, impact and value over the season but there is no doubt that we have added championship experience to a team which had the second lowest average age and limited game management qualities before.

The glaring problem to me is that we still need a defender or two before the window closes in just less than a week.

Agree on Travis point. He is 1st choice in there next to Johnson. Was delighted when he signed a new contract. 

We have to judge Walton on his performance here. 

Excellent point on game management and second lowest average squad.

I agree we need 1 or 2 signing. Hoping for 2. 

1 hour ago, Dr X said:

But it's not versatility, is it? It's a reflection of TM as an individual.

if there is one constant with TM, it is he is inconsistent. Words, tactics, players, etc, one week we play 532, next 4231, as to why, who knows, but I haven't seen many teams that chop and change aspects so frequently, be successful. Most successful teams play their way, their formation and don't chop and change key aspects so often.

This for me plays a role in his 'signings' inconsistent choices require players of multiple roles to accommodate his choices.

This will be his downfall.

He can't make his mind up about what is his best line-up. Wanting masses of "options" with "versatile players" is a reflection of that lack of decisiveness.

Just now, K-Hod said:

Apparently not! 

Well that's a great shame and I hope you reconsider. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Nuttall has shown more than Brereton when he's had the chance----and that's what irks me.

• Like 2

Just now, 47er said:

Nuttall has shown more than Brereton when he's had the chance----and that's what irks me.

Brereton has more potential imo and even then he’s hardly first choice. Nuttall’s game looks far more limited. He could tear up L1 but I’d be surprised. Of all the business we’ve done this summer, this is one piece that I don’t think we’ll regret.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

What is this drivel about picking his ‘own man’? It was Mowbray who gave Joe the chance, signed him in the summer of 2017 AND gave him an improved contract ffs! ???. I wish you could ask Joe what he thinks about Mowbray and Rovers. How TM saw his potential at a really bad time for Joe personally and how Jonty and the club used their resources to develop and build him up. Earning him a new contract and some financial security for him and his mum. Joe would tell you that he owes everything he’s getting to those people.

Samuel was injured all last season!? So how on earth did he keep Nuttall out? Brereton struggled for form too so the only competition for Joe was DG. The fact of the matter is that he just isn’t good enough. If he were then there would be Championship clubs banging our door down at 6 figure fee for a goal scorer. There’s no hard feelings. It’s truly a win, win situation.

Man management - The ability to motivate and inspire a group to meet a collective goal. 

Everyone does it differently but if he had poor man management skills then there would be unhappiness around the squad. Poor morale. Stories of arguments leaking out. All of the evidence points to the opposite.

Tell me the last time you heard anything adverse about Mowbray. In the last 12 months we’ve signed Arma and Gally from PL teams who’ve taken wage drops to play for him. Dack and Rothwell have been on record as referring to him as a father figure. There’s so many more.

Ah the good old school holidays. Roll on September.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Apparently not! 

Hope you come back mate, appreciate the job you guys do for little thanks 

• Like 3