BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Damien said:

That's hilarious.  Most I've seen have us between tenth and fifteenth with a couple of those flagging us as dark horses for this season.

Talked to a West Brom fan. The City lad is very, very raw - some potential but a liability at times and responsible for at least 10 goals Albion shipped last season.  Albion fans did not want him back.

Apart from signing a goalkeeper who may or may be better than the previous one, Mowbray has done nothing to address our defensive problems.

And the season starts this weekend.

• Like 4

Just now, windymiller7 said:

Nigel Adkins just been on Sky saying we could be dark horses.

Get a BSH CB and maybe we could be "A dark horse which had never been thought of, and which the careless St. James had never even observed in the list, rushed past the grandstand in sweeping triumph."

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That's hilarious.  Most I've seen have us between tenth and fifteenth with a couple of those flagging us as dark horses for this season.

I've got Charlton down to get relegated they've got them down to finish 8th. Suppose it shows what a good league the Championship is.

• Like 1

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I've got Charlton down to get relegated they've got them down to finish 8th. Suppose it shows what a good league the Championship is.

I don’t know how well or how poor charlton will do but to say they’ll do that much better than us is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neal said:

By the sounds of it Grayson knows all about him from watching him play with his son in the u23's. Sounds like he's watched him a lot. 

Simon Grayson is often at Brockhall, he watches a lot of the games so he'll know what a lot of our young players are about.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Talked to a West Brom fan. The City lad is very, very raw - some potential but a liability at times and responsible for at least 10 goals Albion shipped last season.  Albion fans did not want him back.

Apart from signing a goalkeeper who may or may be better than the previous one, Mowbray has done nothing to address our defensive problems.

At least 10 goals? I find that hard to believe. Just makes me think, why did West brom have to play a young loan player out of position if he was struggling that badly? 

If he was that bad, Pep wouldn't be keeping him around. I think it is really that simple.

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, 47er said:

Its based on people voting isn't it? Not Sky's view as such.

Interesting to see how others see us though? I prefer it that way personally, don't want to see us tipped for success.

Didn't our collapse last season happened immediately after Nixon tipped us? 

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

At least 10 goals? I find that hard to believe. Seems he was out of position and that he will be played as a center back here. Just makes me think, why did West brom have to play a young loan player out of position if he was struggling that badly? 

If he was that bad, Pep wouldn't be keeping him around. I think it is really that simple.

I tend to agree. I think it's one of those situations where when a player leaves a club he suddenly gets viewed by their fans as much worse than he actually was, just because he's playing elsewhere. 

Yep. I think a few people even commented that we were doomed right after he tweeted it!

• Like 1

After we went on that run in January he said we’d finish sixth. Immediately after that we went on that awful run ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

That should be blown up and put on the dressing room door before each and every game and the message rammed down SKY's throat that we are much better than they are suggesting

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Albion fans a better judge of player than Pep and his massive City backroom team? Come off it Jimmy Albion fans are just a bunch of clowns if they really honestly think and believe that

• Like 1

That should be blown up and put on the dressing room door before each and every game and the message rammed down SKY's throat that we are much better than they are suggesting

Yes! This! ??

Edited by Damien
  • Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, 1864roverite said:

That should be blown up and put on the dressing room door before each and every game and the message rammed down SKY's throat that we are much better than they are suggesting

As mentioned above, it's people who voted on Sky's website, not Sky themselves. Really it's just showing how many fans from each club view the Sky Sports website regularly.

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

I tend to agree. I think it's one of those situations where when a player leaves a club he suddenly gets viewed by their fans as much worse than he actually was, just because he's playing elsewhere. 

Yep. I think a few people even commented that we were doomed right after he tweeted it!

Ya, I think we all knew it. What is that about? It seems like since we have been relegated there is some force field around the top 6 that when we get near it, bad things happen. That is my big concern about the team, getting games over the line where a win would put us in the top 6. I hope having the likes of Downing and Johnson around will help. 

Not one to read too much into squad numbers. But number 5 and 6 are currently free. Hopefully signs of another CB still to come.

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Not one to read too much into squad numbers. But number 5 and 6 are currently free. Hopefully signs of another CB still to come.

6 is Smallwood.

5 will presumably be Tosin when confirmed by EFL.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/august/squad-numbers-announced/

Edited by Mattyblue

• Backroom

Ya, I think we all knew it. What is that about? It seems like since we have been relegated there is some force field around the top 6 that when we get near it, bad things happen. That is my big concern about the team, getting games over the line where a win would put us in the top 6. I hope having the likes of Downing and Johnson around will help. 

Just a mentality thing I think. Failure to cope under pressure. Also the reason we concede so many late goals imo. Getting into the top six this season will depend on this mentality being changed at both management and playing level. Hopefully if the manager shows a bit more courage that will translate to the team as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

At last!!!

He does need to toughen up but I'll have you a friendly tenner that Brereton gets 9+ goals this season.(paid as a donation to East Lancs hospice or something else worthwhile).  The kid is 19/20 and has started to show what he's about.   A superb header in pre season, excellent harassing at Rangers and using good feet getting in and around the box with the ball. I didn't see his other goals but the fact he is contributing at last is a massive positive because he showed nothing until he was rightly dropped to the U23's to get him settled and confident.

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Just a mentality thing I think. Failure to cope under pressure. Also the reason we concede so many late goals imo. Getting into the top six this season will depend on this mentality being changed at both management and playing level. Hopefully if the manager shows a bit more courage that will translate to the team as well.

Surely it is also due to not having players of sufficient quality to consistently win enough matches over a full season.

• Like 1