BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

On 08/05/2019 at 07:30, Fraserkirky said:

I would sell him for 18m honestly.

You're making the mistake of assuming that £18M would then be available for TM to spend on new players.

And that he'd spend it right.

Edited by 47er
typo
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, CraigF said:

Just noticed Sheff Utd have placed Ben Heneghan on the transfer list. 

Someone we may be interested in seeing as we wanted him two seasons ago? Or is he simply not cut out for the championship?

And what would people think of us going after Scott Hogan?

If we have no money, then Ben Heneghan is a good shout.

A new striker ready to play has to be the priority. 

We don't get one in and Graham breaks his leg after the window shuts, we would be seriously up against it. We got away with it this season, as he was surprisingly  robust, but he'll be 34 in August.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Just hope there is ground work being done now to secure a few of these out of contract players. Reckon there is a promotion squad in waiting just from freebies if cards are played right 

How can we do that when Mowbray has said that he doesn't know his budget or the target for next season until he's been to India next week? Safe to assume nothing concrete can or will be done until he is back from his family holiday after India

Derby have already signed Shinnie from Aberdeen despite being in the play-offs. We're behind already.

Just now, philipl said:

Loans are going to be mission critical. 

Abraham has made a huge difference wherever he has gone.

Which players on the fringes of PL clubs should we be looking at?

Mowbray has said he'd rather build a squad of permanent players who will be assets for the club. We haven't had many loans at this level that have made a positive difference. Reed the obvious exception.

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

How can we do that when Mowbray has said that he doesn't know his budget or the target for next season until he's been to India next week? Safe to assume nothing concrete can or will be done until he is back from his family holiday after India

Derby have already signed Shinnie from Aberdeen despite being in the play-offs. We're behind already.

How on earth can you deduce that we’re ‘behind’ already because Derby have signed Shinnie? ??

16 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

How on earth can you deduce that we’re ‘behind’ already because Derby have signed Shinnie? ??

Other clubs, even those still in with a shout of promotion, are actually signing players. Our manager has said more than once he doesn't know what the budget or the plan (if there is either) will be until he has spoken to the owners in India. Following that he is going off on his deserved family holiday. It's safe to assume therefore that no free agent arrivals will be here before June.

I'd like to be proven wrong on that but I think people expecting us here to move quickly to snap up the decent free agents are optimistic. We don't move quickly here.

32 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Because Mowbray can't do anything until he's flown out to India to agree the budget. He'll be doing that next week or the week after. It's not difficult ??

• Like 2

Became clear in January players we were chasing were unavailable on price and wages in our plan.

Issue now is still finding quality on the right terms, either on loan or purchased. Not expecting us to us our full 5 loan places but one or two of high calibre are highly probable. Rovers are in a much stronger position getting top quality loanees than we were 12 months ago. 

If you are feeling envious of signing Graeme Shinnie, good luck to you.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, philipl said:

Became clear in January players we were chasing were unavailable on price and wages in our plan.

Issue now is still finding quality on the right terms, either on loan or purchased. Not expecting us to us our full 5 loan places but one or two of high calibre are highly probable. Rovers are in a much stronger position getting top quality loanees than we were 12 months ago. 

If you are feeling envious of signing Graeme Shinnie, good luck to you.

Its not Graeme Shinnie though is it. It's a club where they are able to swiftly take action to sign a free agent before his existing contract is up and before this season is over with, whilst our lot have to fly around the world next week or whenever it is and won't know what they can do until that is over with.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Its not Graeme Shinnie though is it. It's a club where they are able to swiftly take action to sign a free agent before his existing contract is up and before this season is over with, whilst our lot have to fly around the world next week or whenever it is and won't know what they can do until that is over with.

Whilst we’d all agree our process needs to continue the recent improvement, can I add that many deals like this come down to availability and situation at the time.

For instance, if we wanted Reed ASAP - I’m sure this wouldn’t become an option (without going way above wage/asking price) until he’s had a holiday, recovered from injury and weighed up his options.

Ive no concerns yet either - I’m quite sure the window is closed for another month anyway, not that you can’t line up deals.

19 minutes ago, unsall said:

Heard John Ruddy could be on his way !!!!

Precisely the type to replace the Leut as one of our two main GKs

Just now, philipl said:

Downing is out of contract this summer, so I can't see Doncaster buying him.

So Mowbray has backed down on resolving the team's biggest problem - the fact we have a dodgy goalkeeper.

Doesn't bode well for him signing the quality defenders we also need this summer. 

I once had a conversation with an ex Rovers manager who told me that planning for a window starts immediately the previous one has closed. The process begins with identifying players in areas that need strengthening and the list can be exhaustive but prioritised. An idea of their value, wages etc is added and this gave him an indication of potential spend against his budget. As soon as possible contact is made through agents. Sometimes the players demands or fee his club are asking will curtail the deal and the club would move onto their next target.

The key to this is the manager knowing his budget. It doesn't sound like Mowbray knows what he has to spend.

• Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

I once had a conversation with an ex Rovers manager who told me that planning for a window starts immediately the previous one has closed. The process begins with identifying players in areas that need strengthening and the list can be exhaustive but prioritised. An idea of their value, wages etc is added and this gave him an indication of potential spend against his budget. As soon as possible contact is made through agents. Sometimes the players demands or fee his club are asking will curtail the deal and the club would move onto their next target.

The key to this is the manager knowing his budget. It doesn't sound like Mowbray knows what he has to spend.

We knew straight away we'd not be able to afford Assombalonga and the like in the last window but they publically flirted with it all the way along.

Not having a dig at Mowbray but he does have form for many bold words then some rapid back tracking and i'm not altogether sure it's always to do with budget. I prefer to expect underwhelming then i'll be doubly delighted if not.

The name of John Ruddy is a positive though but i'll be amazed if he ends up here.

• Like 1