BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

54 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its the scouting team's job to find suitable players.

Do we have one ? Fit for purpose? Preston got one for free.

Aren’t we less than 2 years into a complete rebuild of the recruitment department? Surely will take years to get working properly?

Preston also had to sell one of their best players this summer - something we’re yet to do since SW/TM came in.

Just now, JHRover said:

Years to get a competent scouting network up and running? Try months. Most managers especially the experienced ones have their own contacts and lists anyway. How long does Mowbray expect to be afforded to be able to take years to develop scouting? 

A quick look at Watford, Norwich etc. Who put excellent scouting networks together in no time at all and reaped the rewards.

Never today, always tomorrow. The Venky motto and it seems Mowbray's too.

If you’re going from nothing to a substantial setup, it would take 6 months alone to recruit staff. 

The expensive analysis setup that Southampton use came from years of investment and continuity above their management setup.

Weve rebooted and cleared out 5 or 6 times in the last 10 years, and I can’t help but chuckle when others think that would be the solution to immediate improvement! 

• Like 1

I’m anticipating another p*ss poor end to the window. ‘‘Twas ever the case under this lot. Reckon we’ll be lucky to get someone else in on loan.

Cue all the drivel from TM and Waggot such as ‘we tried but just couldn’t get anything else over the line’ and ‘the market is just crazy at the moment. Hopefully January will be the time when we can take stock and bring in some real quality’.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Just now, Harry The Bass said:

If you’re going from nothing to a substantial setup, it would take 6 months alone to recruit staff. 

The expensive analysis setup that Southampton use came from years of investment and continuity above their management setup.

Weve rebooted and cleared out 5 or 6 times in the last 10 years, and I can’t help but chuckle when others think that would be the solution to immediate improvement! 

How long did it take Norwich to change their approach under Farke?

• Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17817439.rovers-dont-anticipate-crazy-end-transfer-window/

'Though Waggott said the sales weren’t needed to fund the move for Gallagher'.

IMO, a load of bullsh1t in the article from Waggott - I'm sure many supporters wont buy it but sadly some will.

• Like 1

For my own sanity I've accepted we won't be going up this year. I knew TM wasn't the man to take us up before the transfer window but hoped he may pull it out of the bag with a couple of defensive signings ready to slot into the team. Instead he's ignored the glaringly obvious and it'll mean another year of treading water. In truth that's probably all we can hope for with our appalling owners but it still hurts. Football goes in cycles, I just hope I'm still interested when they slither out of town. 

• Like 6

Just now, Mercer said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17817439.rovers-dont-anticipate-crazy-end-transfer-window/

'Though Waggott said the sales weren’t needed to fund the move for Gallagher'.

IMO, a load of bullsh1t in the article from Waggott - I'm sure many supporters wont buy it but sadly some will.

So if that is the case from bullshitter in chief Waggott, then it is a managerial decision, not a finicial one, to not sign a quality defender. On that basis Mowbray is setting himself up for the sack 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

How long did it take Norwich to change their approach under Farke?

Great example of a manager coming in who knows the league’s he wants to buy from.

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

For my own sanity I've accepted we won't be going up this year. I knew TM wasn't the man to take us up before the transfer window but hoped he may pull it out of the bag with a couple of defensive signings ready to slot into the team. Instead he's ignored the glaringly obvious and it'll mean another year of treading water. In truth that's probably all we can hope for with our appalling owners but it still hurts. Football goes in cycles, I just hope I'm still interested when they slither out of town. 

Surely nobody actually expected us to be challenging this season? 

Nowhere near enough improvement from a team that were 15th last season.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Expert on the Danish league too, was he? 

I don’t know, why are you trying to trip me up?

The point is, it’s not simple. I don’t know Norwich’s setup but I’d assume they had a recruitment system for talented managers too.

Not like our “whoever’s agent gets to Pune first” setup.

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

- just seen @Kamy100 tweet out that the Venkys have injective £9m odd. Could this mean a transfer incoming?

Share issue to parent company Venky's London Limited who in turn lend the money to The Blackburn Rovers and Athletic Limited.

Think that makes it about £22million in the last 12 months.

Most likely explanation is that it's to ensure we have sufficient working capital to cover the huge ongoing losses since Venky's became owners. 

Issued share capital now circa £174million - a staggering number for a club of our size.

If only they could turn the clock back then I am sure Big Sam would have been our manager for a number of years after his departure.

Not sure when the Rupee will drop!

Just now, Harry The Bass said:

I don’t know, why are you trying to trip me up?

The point is, it’s not simple. I don’t know Norwich’s setup but I’d assume they had a recruitment system for talented managers too.

Not like our “whoever’s agent gets to Pune first” setup.

Trip you up? It’s called debating, the point of a forum, get used to it!

So it wasn’t just because Farke knows Germany. The Championship is a fast moving division, teams move and rebuild quickly. No time for ‘slow builds’.

We work at a snail’s pace and we will forever be also rans as a result.

5 minutes ago, imy9 said:

I'm really, really hoping that all of this is cloaks and daggers and we will sign a couple of players by Thursday. 

A tough CB and equally competent LB please. 

Me too. Sadly I think we will both be disappointed.

It would be unbelievably foolish to sign another forward or midfielder at this stage. I fear our incoming business is done.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Harry The Bass said:

Southampton were taken over and within a couple of years had back to back promotions to the Premier League. 

Who is suggesting rebooting and clearing out? 

If results aren't good enough the manager goes. His job is to coach and get results and if they aren't up to scratch it's his head on the block. 

It's only because we persist with this mental archaic all powerful manager system that Mowbray is presiding over scouting. Normally that would be an independent department working in conjunction with the manager, not dependent on him.

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

So if that is the case from bullshitter in chief Waggott, then it is a managerial decision, not a finicial one, to not sign a quality defender. On that basis Mowbray is setting himself up for the sack 

I think it's more a case that the budget isn't there to fund transfers.

It's all contradictory.  Didn't Mowbray say we had to sell Raya to fund other signings?

Been saying most of the summer I thought we'd barely a transfer pot to p1ss in.  Also said I thought we were now at the stage where every £1 spent on fees / wages had to at least been matched by the same in on fees / savings on wages.  Sadly, I think I might be proven to be correct.  

10 hours ago, Harry The Bass said:

Can’t argue with the last part. 

To pick another recent CB signing - as someone pointed out, Bielek went to Derby for nearly 10m from Arsenal.

This is a lad who’s never played for Poland’s first team and he’s most recent loans are League one Charlton and Walsall.

Its a daft market. I agree we should’ve done better but I think I accept a few of the reasons why we haven’t!

Bielek is going to be a class act in the future. That's a really good signing in my opinion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Until they appoint a quality CEO and a quality football manager then nothing will change.  Think best we can hope for is stagnation.

I think as a club, £millions is spunked away on footballers who are not up to the mark.  Beggars belief that a fraction of that can't be invested in a quality CEO and a quality football manager. - as I said yesterday, those are the two guys who will make or break a club.

• Like 4

The lack of defensive signings thus far this summer would appear to be the one thing during his tenure to date that he’s getting universally panned for by our fans - particularly on social media. Usually you get the Chaddy’s and others defending him to the hilt but he’s getting it from all quarters. Think he’ll be feeling some heat if we don’t strengthen. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I hope I'm still alive ! There'll be a celebration at Shoelace Towers that day !

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Mercer said:

If only they could turn the clock back then I am sure Big Sam would have been our manager for a number of years after his departure.

If they could turn back the clock I doubt they would ever have purchased us to begin with.