BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, 4000Holes said:

If no more incomings and Lenihan gets injured, TM will be potted before Christmas as there is no adequate cover for something that is already very weak.

No sympathy either. Not only would it be downright neglectful and taking the p****, it would be a repeat of the same mistake/gamble in January.

I can't believe it will be left unresolved..(eek!)

• Like 3

Just now, 4000Holes said:

If no more incomings and Lenihan gets injured, TM will be potted before Christmas as there is no adequate cover for something that is already very weak.

We are indeed a Lenihan injury away from being up the proverbial creek without a paddle - i.e. league one. How it's come to this...heads need to roll if nobody else is brought in by 5pm tomorrow.

• Like 1

I honestly believe it’s down to him not being aggressive enough in his pursuit of good defenders. There are good options out there but he is being willingly neglectful. 

We have secured good attacking players yet we are extremely short at the back and to top it off, he is sending players out on loan!

if this bites us in the arse, I will be glad to see him sacked! 

• Like 7

I thought Cooper at Millwall would have been a target for us this summer. He may have been an option and proved to be too expensive? 

If we do see an incoming at this stage I can only imagine it being a panic loan. Something similar to the Walton deal.

Just now, Damien said:

I honestly believe it’s down to him not being aggressive enough in his pursuit of good defenders. There are good options out there but he is being willingly neglectful. 

We have secured good attacking players yet we are extremely short at the back and to top it off, he is sending players out on loan!

"Aggressive enough" is the phrase in general for Mowbray. He's not aggressive enough to tell his ancient pals who are league 1 standard (Bennett, Mulgrew, Evans & Smallwood) that they arn't good enough and at best they deserve to be on the bench, even better, leave. Mowbray as a manager is not "aggressive enough" to move us forward. We need new ideas, someone with eyes open to start the talent we have and to sign some bloody defenders.

• Like 1

Just now, Hi Mack said:

I thought Cooper at Millwall would have been a target for us this summer. He may have been an option and proved to be too expensive? 

If we do see an incoming at this stage I can only imagine it being a panic loan. Something similar to the Walton deal.

Been done to death that one mate with no real evidence he was ever seriously considered

• Like 2

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Been done to death that one mate with no real evidence he was ever seriously considered

I don't know if he's been looked at or not but he fits the bill of what we need. 

We need a no nonsense defender, we are soft touch at the back and nothing has changed over the summer.

I hope we aren't pinning all our hopes on Tosin who is still early ok in his development.

Just now, K-Hod said:

Ever so slightly over 24 hours to get some defenders signed up.

AS IT STANDS, it looks as though we have prioritised spending on a luxury attacker and not defenders that we sorely needed more!

This has been a disappointing window SO FAR for the reasons noted above, but believe me, I want nothing more than to be celebrating the reverse of the above this time tomorrow!!

Its the hope that kills you... It ain't happening. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hi Mack said:

I don't know if he's been looked at or not but he fits the bill of what we need. 

We need a no nonsense defender, we are soft touch at the back and nothing has changed over the summer.

I hope we aren't pinning all our hopes on Tosin who is still early ok in his development.

Tosin is highly rated but the WBA fans i have spoke to about him say he would be a better DM than CB and is definitely not good at RB.

As I’ve mentioned I’m strongly against TM as our manager, esp after this summers business. He doesn’t put enough faith in our youngsters, get team selections all wrong, and aside from Dack has a shocking transfer record. Along with that feel like he is far too defensive, yet can’t actually organise a defence, or pick out a good defender. 

I understand the market is difficult, but there have been some real bargains available and we’ve missed them. Pontus Janson for under 5m is something we should of been all over. A left field option but one I had hoped we would go for for quite while is Reece Oxford, he went to some German club (who couldn’t afford big wages) for 4m this summer. He would of been an excellent cm to partner travis, and an option to play CB, along with massive potential resale value and someone for us fans to be excited about. He’s been mentioned a couple of times on here but Maddison would of been a cheap wide player option would give us some genuine width and delivery. A more expensive option would be Kent who is going for a similar fee to what we paid for gallagher. The Gallagher signing irks me a lot, I think he’s decent but not needed. And let’s be honest he’s gonna be played out wide. Would of had graham and Brereton challeneging for that position along with Armstrong, could stick chapman up there aswell if we wanted to play counterattack. We play 1 up top we didn’t need to splash our budget on another striker, and I believe Brereton derserves a chance there. He should of got a better one last season.

Would of never have sold Raya despite his fralaties, a good defence infront of him would of made a huge difference. It’s a difficult market but I genuinely think I could of done a better job in terms of transfers. I also feel he’s far to nice, he should get the players who u don’t want to play out of the club, and the ones u want make them central to your plans, and leave the gaps in the squad for our academy players who are excelling atm. I’ve never felt so down at the begging of of a season, because we could of genuinely challenged with the right business. 

• Like 1

Just now, K-Hod said:

Ever so slightly over 24 hours to get some defenders signed up.

AS IT STANDS, it looks as though we have prioritised spending on a luxury attacker and not defenders that we sorely needed more!

This has been a disappointing window SO FAR for the reasons noted above, but believe me, I want nothing more than to be celebrating the reverse of the above this time tomorrow!!

It reminds me of those glimpses of child neglect, where Dad spends £600 on an electric guitar/motorbike, yet the house is a death trap and the kids don't have any food!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

Beginning to feel the same. By the way, have you gone from The Fall Guy to The Omen?

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

Its the hope that kills you... It ain't happening. 

An almighty balls-up if Mowbray thinks that defensive set up will do anything other than ship soft goals. If we go with that, I sincerely question his sanity.

Assuming we don't sign anyone decent, which looks likely, then the only thing that will save Mowbray is if he and his coaching staff manage to forge a better defence out of a weaker selection of players than we had last season who conceded 69 goals. 

Hopefully once Venus has finished negotiating transfers he can get to work on the training ground. 

The defence was our downfall last season and could have seen us in a relegation scrap had we not stopped the rot at a crucial time. We've weakened the personnel so the only way of saving it is by some fine coaching that will organise them into greater the sum of their parts.

Talk of Hart and Grayson is frankly laughable and desperation stage stuff. 

Mowbray has undermined a huge amount of trust and belief the fans had in him and now even his biggest fans will be short on patience unless something unexpected happens. 

A shame but it seems we are now in the death throes of his tenure. Unless he pulls rabbits out of the hat or works wonders on the training ground with these players then it's only a matter of time. Could have been so different too. 

Seems Mowbray has succumbed to the same problem that's plagued him his entire career. Stubbornness and neglect of defence.

• Like 1

I think TM definitely regrets his defenders are coming talk.

This is from the end of June

"I did talk about the defenders towards the end of the season and when you look back we did concede too many goals.

But there are reasons for that but I’m not sitting here worrying about that any more than other positions. The emotion of it all came across but what I will say that we’re looking to strengthen all areas of the team.”

What reasons?  

I think he got emotional but spoke the truth about what he was thinking but it probably upset a few (which was possibly a good thing).

Well, I am looking forward to Hart making his first appearance. He and Grayson would be the most complete fullbacks we have; pretty sure Grayson's versatility is what has kept him in the first team frame. 

Anyhow, fingers crossed Grant makes Rover's Return. :-) (Hanley, not Mitchell; Definitely not the right place for Mitchell)