BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Paul Mani said:

The loan moan is a weak argument! A lot of clubs have proven that you can be VERY successful with loan players. This idea that we have to own a player is outdated imo.

I take your point, but you can't waffle on about a slow build, then build your defence on loanees.

That's the point I am making.

If they were top draw players it would make more sense, i.e. For a shit or bust assault on promotion.

Just now, roversinmyblood said:

Tin hat on. Well at least we still have Dack. 

In fairness, back in January I said we will keep him in January but definitely lose him in the summer. It's probably his loss of form between then and now which has kept him here, that's the downside. Hope he gets firing again soon.

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

In fairness, back in January I said we will keep him in January but definitely lose him in the summer. It's probably his loss of form between then and now which has kept him here, that's the downside. Hope he gets firing again soon.

Very true. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I agree that he has gone, but out of interest, would you be happy with only Lenihan, Adarabioyo and Williams as CB options, and only one right back?

Lenihan, Nyambe, Tosin and Williams is a better unit without Mulgrew. Imo

• Like 5

What a statement of intent it is to send Mulgrew the team captain away to a rival. 

If Cunningham signs then I sense the following

Nyambe  Lenihan   Adara Cunningham 

Or possibly Williams in at CB or Nyambe. We deffo lack an experience CB but perhaps we will pick one up after the close of the window? 

• Backroom

What's the betting Wigan didn't get the paperwork through in time, and Mulgrew ends up staying here and we don't get Cunningham? Would just make this even more of a shambles...

• Like 1

Thing is he's not even the only one they have who reports on Rovers is he? I mean, I could have done better updates for them today, and I'm including the fact I was at my own job until 6!

image.png.7463a59330b0cc2a42a26b3130719256.png

• Like 1

Nah it's not 1943, our European scouting was better established even in the middle of the war.

Mowbrays approach to football management is very 1943 though isn't it. Getting the lads around for a cuddle, one of them is getting fingered.

I should not start drinking at lunch on deadline day. 

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Mowbrays approach to football management is very 1943 though isn't it. Getting the lads around for a cuddle, one of them is getting fingered.

I should not start drinking at lunch on deadline day. 

Is...is that how things went down in the war? I'm so glad I wasn't born until well after. Now I'm even more grateful for their sacrifice.

They got cuddled and fingered in the ass by men, so we never had to (but still can if so inclined). Never forget.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

So you would be happy with them as the only choices we have?

Nyambe cant play CB because if he does we dont have any other right backs. We lack quality and quantity.

Travis worst case scenario could come in at full back if we have injuries etc. Only downside to that though is who comes into midfield. Evans or Smallwood 

• Like 1

Just now, martonrover said:

But Cunningham is only on loan, as is Tosin & the keeper.

Makes a mockery of all this "slow build" nonsense.

In an area we desperately needed to significantly strengthen, we have applied a sticking plaster.

To me, the whole window has been a mess and Mowbray (& his TV extra chief exec) have completely lost the plot.

A sticking plaster is better than a piece of tissue paper 

Is...is that how things went down in the war? I'm so glad I wasn't born until well after. Now I'm even more grateful for their sacrifice.

They got cuddled and fingered in the ass by men, so we never had to (but still can if so inclined). Never forget.

Lest we forget... men got fingered etc 

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Absolutely terrifying seeing who some of our rivals have signed today. We are in for a relegation battle regardless if we sign Cunningham or not. 

Is it? From my reading on twitter fans at every club are moaning about who they haven't signed. 

Bristol City have done well. Fulham obviously too. Outside of them I don't see who else would be ecstatic. 

Just now, rigger said:

A sticking plaster is better than a piece of tissue paper 

Short term solution but a solution. If Mowbray is in charge next season or even in January we need to address this issue. Not long ago I remember Tony stating that you cant rely on loan signings and what are we now doing

• Like 3