BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Mercer said:

Think it's clear as day, we barely had a transfer pot to p1ss in and all incomings (fees / wages) had to at least be matched by equal outgoings.  Been posting this for some time now.

The £5million on Gallagher, IMO, now looks the height of folly.  Thi8s follows on from the £7million, IMO, spunked up the wall on Brereton.

Think my bet on Mowbray being the first Championship Manager to go is looking increasingly good.  Think he's under pressure and rattled as his comments showed today.

For once you maybe right !!!

Just now, JHRover said:

End of the day we didn't get him because:

a) We didn't really want him/try hard enough for him

b) He didn't fancy playing on the wing for a side going nowhere

c) We didn't offer enough money

Excuses like he didn't fancy moving up north (2 hour train ride) are typical of the self pity blame deflection that we see at Rovers these days. I'm bored with it all to be honest. Nice guys who 'try hard' come last in this game.

Guess we’ll never know the true facts. None of us know what’s gone on completely. Agreed though, it’s very frustrating overall.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, seems that way. Bidding for Reed and not for a centre half , whilst also letting Mulgrew go is peculiar. I hope this Tosin guy is very good. 

Let's hope he ain't injury prone while we are at it 

• Backroom
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Much as we all rated Reedy was he really what we needed ? Maybe he can play centre half ?

To tell you the truth I'm stunned he even wanted to come back here. He must have been getting desperate. Where exactly would he have played anyway? Right back? I'm actually inclined to think Mowbray would have replaced Travis with Reed in all honesty. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It hurts me more that you will ever know to say that but you have to believe what your eyes are telling you. Dyche knows how to get the absolute maximum out of average players.

Drinkwater's better than average though. Good player. 

Wish we had someone as good as Dyche.

• Like 1

Just now, schoey said:

9C0305FD-69DC-48CB-8363-6D627C7D7E96.png

Wow, that's the worst photo. Blurry hands and his face looks almost CGI (on my phone at least). Someone even forgot to edit in the greenscreen!

That said, I wouldn't give a fuck if they used the greenscreen to add a gay orgy in the background. Just glad we finally have a left back better than Bell!!

Still worried about our CB situation, which was the priority for me all summer.

Hart needs to go on loan again now. Maybe Rochdale again? They rated him, should play him, and he'll be able to build on his understanding with Magloire.

What's so exciting about cunningham? He just seems like another mediocre championship squad player, which is fine if not getting relegated and possibly finishing  mid table again is this seasons only aim and objective

also we' already got 2 senior left backs (bell & williams) + young Hart who looks promising, Yet we still dont have a single senior natural CB in the squad!!!

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

A jack of all trades master of none like Bennett. Both put in a massive effort but both lacking in skill.

Why didn't Fulham bid for Bennett then?

Reed is better than Travis (at the moment), different style but younger than Johnson and definitely better than Evans and Smallwood.

I said last season that a top promotion-aiming side will snap up Reed this season and it has happened. We kept playing him out of position, he also got told publicly that he needed to learn from Evans and Smallwood on how to play midfield. Of course he would choose a recently relegated side that is splashing the cash over us in order to fulfil his dreams of being a PL player but all of the previous would hardly have even made him have the smallest of re-thinks.

• Like 2

Just now, jim mk2 said:

The irony is that Dyche was interviewed by Burnley in the offices of a Blackburn firm!!!

Just now, JacknOry said:

We kept playing Reed out of position, he also got told publicly that he needed to learn from Evans and Smallwood on how to play midfield.

Another of Mowbray's stupid public comments. Still can't believe what he said about Magliore today

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

Fwiw I think Cunningham is a massive upgrade on Bell and. Wiliams , just in shock that A c/b hasn't come in and were potentially losing another one ?? what is Mowbray thinking ????? ..... Has he recently signed a new deal and looking to be sacked 

Just now, Armchair supporter supremo said:

What's so exciting about cunningham? He just seems like another mediocre championship squad player, which is fine if not getting relegated and possibly finishing  mid table again is this seasons only aim and objective

Even if you're right, that puts him at least a full league above the level of our incumbent left backs though.

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

He was until he went to Chelsea. Wether he can get back to where he was remains to be seen. He had a lot of good players around him at Leicester, do the dingles have a Mahrez or a Kante ? I believe he's opened a restaurant in Manchester. Good life style choice for a player,

• Like 1

Big fan of Reed, better than what we have, but not our biggest concern. Davenport will hopefully get fit and is quite similar as a player.

Cunningham should be a major upgrade on our left side which was probably our weakest last season. Tosin should be an upgrade and defensively we should have improved from last year when all are fit.

However, depth is major worry. Allowing Mulgrew to leave without a replacement leaves a big question mark.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Whats his strengths? Still not convinced we will get it over the line - we dont do defenders here.

He’s a very solid full back who is also excellent going forward. Just an all-round top player for this division.

Edited by north_ender
  • Like 5

• Backroom

Mediocre Championship player is still a million times better than Bell or Williams tbh. Those two make Tommy Spurr look like Roberto Carlos in his prime.

Still huge question marks over CB and RB for me. Think we're in for another season of goals going in regularly at the wrong end of the pitch. Better hope the £12m strikeforce can deliver. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

Literally haven’t heard one person say he would be a bad signing.