BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wonder this also. They are nearly all on social media and more than 50% of rovers fans posts, on Twitter at least, have been giving out about the defence. I don't think Mulgrew is on Twitter though, but the others have definitely seen it. 

It's odd though because, publicly at least, what Mowbray said about "new defenders coming" was the most scathing attack and that was months ago...

That's what I do not understand too. The poster who first claimed to know that it was a disagreement mentioned a TM interview in which he scathed the defense. The one you say is the only one I can remember too, so unless Mulgrew only just saw it yesterday (unlikely), i cannot help thinking there was something else behind a fallout.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Reed would have been an excellent addition to our squad.

Has a bit of versatility about him, which Mowbray loves.

Beyond Johnson and Travis, our centre mid options aren't great. Smallwood and Evan's aren't particularly good and Davenport is turning into the new Vinnie Grella.

Buckley and JRC are seriously exciting young players, and Evans reads the game better than Reed. Am happy enough with Evans as 5th choice Midfielder. 

Could Richie Smallwood do a job at CB? He lacks any quality to play cm at this level, but he doesn't mid doing the dirty work, and CB isn't the toughest position to play as long as you can - tackle, head, hoof. Lenihan as a partner to try and talk him through a game?

Maybe I'm thinking too much like Mowbary... players out of position...

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

In 9 months time (next May) the defence will be without:

Walton (end of loan), Bell (end of contract), Cunningham (loan), Leutweiller (contract), Tosin (loan).

We will only have Nyambe, Lennihan and Williams on the books - scary. So next summer we'll need 2xGK, 2xCB, 2xLB

I'd like to think some of our own exciting young players will step up to fill the void. 

• Like 2

Just now, ruggles1995 said:

Could Richie Smallwood do a job at CB? He lacks any quality to play cm at this level, but he doesn't mid doing the dirty work, and CB isn't the toughest position to play as long as you can - tackle, head, hoof. Lenihan as a partner to try and talk him through a game?

Maybe I'm thinking too much like Mowbary... players out of position...

Smallwood is only fit for League One end of!

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Bloody hell you really dislike Reed don't you.

No, not at all. I have quite a high regard for Evans. But he just doesn't drive the team forward. I loved Reed's energy, but his signing wasn't critical. I bet he has just been bought as a squad player. 

Absolutely phenominal goal return for a defender (1 in 4!).  I do hope people aren't knobheads regarding Mulgrew and recognise the good he did for us when he returns. Too often, a section of our fans embarass themselves booing and slating former players who have been great servants.

• Like 9

Just now, Pedro said:

Absolutely phenominal goal return for a defender (1 in 4!).  I do hope people aren't knobheads regarding Mulgrew and recognise the good he did for us when he returns. Too often, a section of our fans embarass themselves booing and slating former players who have been great servants.

He won't be playing against us as he is on loan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Without the almost obligatory "thanks for the hard work and effort" line.

Even Bradley Orr got that.

The Club really put some time, effort and thought into that. Cheap and poor by the Club and to be discussing Bennett as his replacement as Captain shows the state we are in.

OK now seen Twitter, which I do not use.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Just now, Vilesinner said:

I'd like to think some of our own exciting young players will step up to fill the void. 

You and Mowbray/Rovers might like to think that but the chances of it happening and working are slim. No room in the Championship for inexperienced young players. 

Mowbray, if he's still here by then, will be reluctant to gamble on throwing the youngsters in. But given we follow an unwritten rule of being unable to permanently sign an established CB chances are that they'll be desperate for someone to emerge from the academy to do the job.

I'm still laughing/crying at the fact we were screaming for a centre half all day yesterday as we were short......

THEN we sell a CB (our captain) and get our 4th LB in on loan!! ??

Cunningham is miles better than the other 3 but we are now welding round pegs In Square holes rather than merely placing them in. 

Williams is now a CB, just like that.

• Like 1

Just now, Hi Mack said:

I'm still laughing/crying at the fact we were screaming for a centre half all day yesterday as we were short......

Cunningham is miles better than the other 3 but we are now welding round pegs In Square holes rather than merely placing them in. 

In all fairness, Williams was a CB at Bristol City and we decided to play him at LB. If anything he's now back in his natural position.

• Like 3

Just now, Hi Mack said:

Just hope we have plans to pick up a freebie. Would hope we move quickly because all clubs will now be looking there to plug any gaps that they have.

Just now, Hi Mack said:

I’d hardly think of williams moving to CB as reinventing him, in fact id say most people I’ve talked to think he’s far more suited to that position!

• Like 3

Just now, RoverKyle said:

In all fairness, Williams was a CB at Bristol City and we decided to play him at LB. If anything he's now back in his natural position.

He played in a back three though. Still, he did look ok there at end of season.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Not sure if this has been posted.

Mulgrew on Wigan move

Looks like the usual empty flattery when players move clubs (fairly sure neither Wigan's facilities nor stadium are on par with ours so why be impressed?). No insight into the reason for the move, unsurprisingly.

Their training ground is the one they nicked off Bolton in the fire sale. Seriously doubt it’s Brockhall standard.

It is a shame that Hart didn't get the chance to go out on loan again and get first team experience. It sounded like he really developed doing that last season.

He's going to go backwards again this season stuck in the U23s.

Just now, OJRovers said:

It is a shame that Hart didn't get the chance to go out on loan again and get first team experience. It sounded like he really developed doing that last season.

He's going to go backwards again this season stuck in the U23s.

Still might get that chance, League 1 and 2 clubs can still bring in loans for the next week. I have a feeling we will see a number of ours go out.

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

He played in a back three though. Still, he did look ok there at end of season.

Your point being he may not be as comfortable in a CB pairing? As you said yourself, he did look good in that role last season. Certainly more comfortable than he looked at LB anyway.