Neal

Summer Transfer Window 2019

4 hours ago, rovers11 said:

I applaud the club's decision to give Gladwin some security over the next six months to get his life and career back on track. He's had an horrendous two years and that must take it's toll mentally and physically. I don't think for one second this is about giving him a chance to get into our team, it's about doing right by the player. He's unlikely to play again until 2020 so that would be many months without any income for a player who I doubt has earnt that much during his career so far. Give him a chance to get fit and play some U23 games on a very low wage and hopefully he can get himself noticed by another club. If we don't do that then his football career is potentially over. I think it would be different if it was a player like Rodwell who has millions in the bank, but this is a player who has predominantly played in the lower leagues all his career. 

He'd have been on a minimum of 5k a week for the past 2 years. Hardly the breadline 😁

18 minutes ago, ossyian said:

What a load of bloody old horseshit! The lad doesn't deserve all that crap. Whatever happens regarding his contract will not cost the club a penny. Believe me his insurance will be picking up whatever that tab is. Blackburn Rovers have to be above being  "ruthless" and "ONLY about winning". Take that route if you want but the club will be dead. Whatever happened to looking after the 'family'. You sound like someone who would be one of Thatchers favourites from the 80s. All me,me,me and more me and sod everyone else. "Bottle of your finest wine my man and be quick about it"

Answer from today? Get your own u knob!

Are you saying that his wages are/were/will be covered by insurance?

If so I have never heard of that before. I know insurance claims can be made when a player has to retire through injury - is that what you are implying?

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Are you saying that his wages are/were/will be covered by insurance?

If so I have never heard of that before. I know insurance claims can be made when a player has to retire through injury - is that what you are implying?

Yes insurance pays for players wages for all injuries regardless of the length of the injury. This is funded by all players having a portion of their wages paid into the policy when they are not injured

Just now, ossyian said:

Yes. Insurance pays players wages for any injury for any length of time. A portion of all players wages when they are not injured are paid into this policy to fund it.

And you know that for sure?

So why did the club not get paid out in the well documented court case years ago when Martin Dahlin hardly kicked a ball for us and subsequently retired?

If arbitro (who has worked in the game for years) has not heard of this arrangement your statement sounds a bit sketchy to me.

Just now, ossyian said:

Yes. Insurance pays players wages for any injury for any length of time. A portion of all players wages when they are not injured are paid into this policy to fund it.

I've never heard of that before. To be clear does the player have to pay out of his own wages or does the club pay for the insurance you mention.

I have worked in insurance for 30 years dealing with this amongst many other trades and businesses. So no I beg to differ. It is not sketchy at all

Just now, arbitro said:

I've never heard of that before. To be clear does the player have to pay out of his own wages or does the club pay for the insurance you mention.

A portion of players wages are deducted to pay into the policy

Just now, ossyian said:

I have worked in insurance for 30 years dealing with this amongst many other trades and businesses. So no I beg to differ. It is not sketchy at all

So how do you deal with , say, a dead leg that keeps someone out for a week, or a back strain? You must be inundated with claims?

Just now, LDRover said:

And you know that for sure?

So why did the club not get paid out in the well documented court case years ago when Martin Dahlin hardly kicked a ball for us and subsequently retired?

If arbitro (who has worked in the game for years) has not heard of this arrangement your statement sounds a bit sketchy to me.

Not totally sure on the Dahlin case but think there was a long standing problem when he joined and not picked up /reported correctly (in his contract) hence insurance void

Just now, ossyian said:

A portion of players wages are deducted to pay into the policy

I don't understand then why a player would voluntarily pay for an insurance policy that they wouldn't benefit from. The club have to pay them even when they are injured so surely it should be incumbent on the club to pay the premium. I know that all players are insured by the PFA but that is only if they have to retire through injury, it doesn't cover wages because that is the clubs responsibility.

Just now, LDRover said:

So how do you deal with , say, a dead leg that keeps someone out for a week, or a back strain? You must be inundated with claims?

The club pays and then claims as in any other insurance policy. Done monthly usually

Just now, arbitro said:

I don't understand then why a player would voluntarily pay for an insurance policy that they wouldn't benefit from. The club have to pay them even when they are injured so surely it should be incumbent on the club to pay the premium. I know that all players are insured by the PFA but that is only if they have to retire through injury, it doesn't cover wages because that is the clubs responsibility.

Its not voluntary. Its mandatory

Just now, ossyian said:

Its not voluntary. Its mandatory

Sorry to prolong this but who mandates them? 

I'm not doubting you by the way. I just can't understand why any employee would have to contribute to an insurance scheme that benefits their employer.

Just now, ossyian said:

The club pays and then claims as in any other insurance policy. Done monthly usually

OK, so the club does pay for it, not the player. That's what I'd have thought.

I don't know tons about how player insurance works...but every type of insurance I've had is yearly. I would assume football is either the same, or over the length of the contract. The contract just ended, so if we sign him on another the premium will need to be worked out again right? I can't imagine the premium is unchanged on a player who has spent the last two years injured.

Unless you can tell me how I'm misunderstanding the above, I'm not sure where your claim that this won't cost the club a penny is coming from.

I imagine the insurance doesn't cover the period where he isn't technically injured but is on the comeback trail (when we get no benefit from him), and therefore we'll be paying his wages then at the least. Insurance isn't some big free giveaway, it costs. The more likely you are to claim, the more it costs.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Fielding has been released by BCFC. Why would we pay a 'small fee'?

Because we're a charity now.

Fielding is also a former England international, rather than just a former England under-21 international. Carson; Hart; Fielding... I think some writers have been guessing who this former England international goalkeeper is.

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

He'd have been on a minimum of 5k a week for the past 2 years. Hardly the breadline 😁

If he's on that he will have earned what it would take me 20 years to earn  to go to the gym a few times a week. I would have pay to use a gym after a 15 hour day but yeah it must be hard for him

Edited by Oldgregg86

34 minutes ago, Stuart said:

From Joe Hart to Frank Fielding.

You heard it here first, from Joe 90.

Not much difference in quality between them two these days, Harts been finished since his awful showing at Euro 2016. Rather have Fielding!