BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

7 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

It would be odd for all parties if they did purely loan. Not least Brighton who slapped a price tag of reported £3m on him in May. I reckon loan to buy for £1m with a sell on...just a guess.

Why would they drop their price tag 2 months later?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We seemed to be saving the rest of the money for centre back permanent so that's see if we can get this done and dusted before the start of the season. The time to judge the transfer window and our business is after the window closes not now. 

We could have got that lad from Charlton, Bauer,  for free who Preston obviously rated. 

1) We actually spend the Raya money on a quality CB 

2) We get no one in, say we missed all our targets (Just like Waggot's bullshit excuses in Jan) and do the bare minimum

Obviously we all want 1 but we all know 2 is the more likely option

Edited by CambridgeRover

W have missed out our 1st choices for the keeper slot. We missed out on a foreign target aswell for the slot as Rich Sharpe as reported. We have the Martinez deal which hasn't worked out as we would have like. Sadly this happened. So we have had to work down our list. not ideal Walton replacing Raya as I would agree but if he the best we can get the fair enough. 

But Mowbray has previously talked about other sides not selling until they have sorted out a replacement, yet he has let Raya go without a replacement even being close.

• Like 2

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I'd take that chance, they can feck off tomorrow for me....The club is bigger than bastard venkys, there would be a queue to buy us and some good people.

That's probably what Bolton fans thought,they really are on the precipice right now.

My view on Venkys?...we're going nowhere with them and we are truly fecked without 'em.

Great isn't it.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Are we? Not a lot of noise apart from the young loanee coming in.

Hope you are right, because another young keeper and a young loanee in defence is nowhere near enough to improve what is a very poor defence.

Rovers have bids in for players Matty. I have no names just that we have bids in. Source wont say any more. 

I'm pleased that there is no leaks from us. Its good then we can hopefully get our targets in. 

Mowbray said yesterday we wanted a centre back for money in if you look carefully at his words. I hope that is big money buy like Cooper from Millwall. Think he is just what we need next to Lenihan. 

• Like 1

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

That's probably what Bolton fans thought,they really are on the precipice right now.

My view on Venkys?...we're going nowhere with them and we are truly fecked without 'em.

Great isn't it.

Like being on a life support machine at times. Extreme example but who would want that either?

"Credit" of course goes to UEFA for making takeover ambition obsolete. 

Edited by Vinjay17

Rovers have bids in for players Matty. I have no names just that we have bids in. Source wont say any more. 

I'm pleased that there is no leaks from us. Its good then we can hopefully get our targets in. 

Mowbray said yesterday we wanted a centre back for money in if you look carefully at his words. I hope that is big money buy like Cooper from Millwall. Think he is just what we need next to Lenihan. 

What mowbary says and does are two totally different things

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I'd take that chance, they can feck off tomorrow for me.theres no debt on the club. They are in as much shyte because they'll never get what they've invested...The club is bigger than shystersvenkys, there would be a queue to buy us and some good people 

A queue to buy us, oh dear,bet thats what Bolton/ Bury fans thought, well some of them.

• Like 2

Just now, unsall said:

A queue to buy us, oh dear,bet thats what Bolton/ Bury fans thought, well some of them.

I think we are a far better proposition than those clubs. I'm pretty sure there would be plenty of offers

• Like 1

I hope you are right with Cooper, Chaddy but somehow we know now that any bids we make are probably £1-£2million at best. I cant see Millwall falling over themselves to accept that kind of money for one of their best players at this late stage. To me, if that was going to get done then it would have happened by now. But what do I know ????

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

But Mowbray has previously talked about other sides not selling until they have sorted out a replacement, yet he has let Raya go without a replacement even being close.

maybe we did have a replacement line up when Raya leave but fall through like so many does these days due to number of different reasons. Like I said previous we did have a foreign keeper line up but that deal doesn't end up getting done. We have the Martinez name but a deal with Arsenal couldn't be reach either. 

So we ended up with Walton it appears who wasn't our 1st choice but is coming here. Not sure its much of improvement on Raya to be honest but the 1875 podcast suggest Walton would be a good replacement using their stats they did. Have you watch the 1875 podcast on the goalkeeper area?

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Great isn't it.

I wish some fans would just read and DIGEST the last part of your sentence !

Just now, TBTF said:

I hope you are right with Cooper, Chaddy but somehow we know now that any bids we make are probably £1-£2million at best. I cant see Millwall falling over themselves to accept that kind of money for one of their best players at this late stage. To me, if that was going to get done then it would have happened by now. But what do I know ????

I think it is going to take a bid around 5 or 6 million pounds to get at least. If we cant get him Then I would look at Kyle Bartley at WBA 

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

No mate, the CLUB have a plan to buy and develop young players to sell (strategically and if necessary) in order to balance the books whilst progressing towards promotion. - Evidenced over the last 12 months when they’ve spoken about it, Maddison from Norwich and selling ‘a Dack’ etc.

I simply used the 5 players mentioned and priced them at £10m -15m based on their age and potential and stated the £50-75m potential return.

But you keep slinging those insults pal. 

Not sure why it's so hard for people to grasp this was this not a similar model we employed for years in the prem. 

Just now, 1864roverite said:

I wish some fans would just read and DIGEST the last part of your sentence !

Most fans I talk to realise we won’t ever particularly go anywhere with them (does League 1 count?), but yes we are totally reliant on them.

Been some 9 years, hasn’t it?

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

This isn’t good , I can only assume that things really haven’t went to plan. Certainly Walton is one that’s just been worked on very recently and to my belief after our number one target became non viable. Martínez was the name I was given, loan to buy. Was progressing nicely but went quiet, I can only assume it hit a roadblock that wasn’t sortable. Not at all pleased with Walton and Eastwood if that’s what it turns out to be 

So no chance of Martinez now then?

maybe we did have a replacement line up when Raya leave but fall through like so many does these days due to number of different reasons. Like I said previous we did have a foreign keeper line up but that deal doesn't end up getting done. We have the Martinez name but a deal with Arsenal couldn't be reach either. 

So we ended up with Walton it appears who wasn't our 1st choice but is coming here. Not sure its much of improvement on Raya to be honest but the 1875 podcast suggest Walton would be a good replacement using their stats they did. Have you watch the 1875 podcast on the goalkeeper area?

We shouldn't have sold Raya until a replacement had been sorted, now everyone knows we are desperate for a keeper so obviously the price goes up to a price we cannot appear to afford leaving us chasing after cheap second rate options.

• Like 1