BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

10 hours ago, Stuart said:

Don’t disagree with any of that.

The real question though is: does Mowbray agree with you?

He keeps referencing Sheff UTD in the press but we all know by now that what media Mowbray says, manager Mowbray will do the other. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Can't argue with that although I think we are covered for AM unless Dack goes.  I'd like to see another natural wide player in.

We’ve got a few but I still think we could do with more creativity to add to that group. That final pass is missing from time to time...

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

For me it’s a CB, CM, and CF to walk straight into the starting eleven. Then further competition at GK, CB, RB and an AM (Creator)

So to clarify, you think Graham in the starting 11 is a weaker point than Bell, Raya, Nyambe or Bennett?

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

So to clarify, you think Graham in the starting 11 is a weaker point than Bell, Raya, Nyambe or Bennett?

We need a number of signings but agree with this totally. When watching our strongest 11, the need for a centre back and a left back sticks out like a sore thumb over any other position for me.

• Like 2

Just now, Don Said said:

We need a number of signings but agree with this totally. When watching our strongest 11, the need for a centre back and a left back sticks out like a sore thumb over any other position for me.

Logically speaking, we shouldnt need a striker at all. We have our player of the season and a 7m striker Mowbray has told us to judge next season whilst suggesting he intends to play him much more. So really, there surely is no need to bring in a striker at all. As it is, I feel like Mowbrays words will prove hollow in terms of Brereton and he WILL sign a striker, which to be honest I would also do because quite simply, I've seen nothing to suggest that Brereton is the man any time soon.

But yeah, I personally worry that left back is going to be neglected and continue to be a major point of conceding goals for us next season.

Logically speaking, we shouldnt need a striker at all. We have our player of the season and a 7m striker Mowbray has told us to judge next season whilst suggesting he intends to play him much more. So really, there surely is no need to bring in a striker at all. As it is, I feel like Mowbrays words will prove hollow in terms of Brereton and he WILL sign a striker, which to be honest I would also do because quite simply, I've seen nothing to suggest that Brereton is the man any time soon.

But yeah, I personally worry that left back is going to be neglected and continue to be a major point of conceding goals for us next season.

I guess the need in his mind comes from Graham’s age and Brereton not being ready to step up. I think he will hope that Graham and a new striker will be sufficient for next season, with said new striker and Brereton being the main men the season after. Or maybe he see’s Brereton and Armstrong being a future partnership as they are 19 and 22 respectively and he’s invested a good amount in to them, there’s a number of possible scenarios.

Me too. Unless Bell miraculously learns to defend with purpose from now until the first day of next season, I think we’ll still be way too weak defensively no matter who else we sign in other defensive positions.

Striker appeared to be the only position we truly tried to recruit in January. I think it's inevitable we will be looking there again.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I think we need to upgrade most positions tbh but I can’t see it being in anyone’s interest to replace seven first teamers in a summer. I think you need special players in the spine of your team to be successful at any level. 

Every team who harbours any hopes of going up needs several mainline striking options to get close. I think we need at least one striker who is capable of benching Graham to even consider the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I think we need to upgrade most positions tbh but I can’t see it being in anyone’s interest to replace seven first teamers in a summer. I think you need special players in the spine of your team to be successful at any level. 

Every team who harbours any hopes of going up needs several mainline striking options to get close. I think we need at least one striker who is capable of benching Graham to even consider the playoffs.

I would rather have Graham in the team and a competent goalkeeper and left back rather than spend big on a new striker to compete with Graham whilst Bell and Raya continue to cost us goals. Goalkeeper, left back and centre back are the 3 biggest priorities.

Semi Ajayi if Rotherham goes down or Nick Powell at Wigan would be ones to go for That would improve in midfeld and attack. Ajayi to replace Smallwood and Powell as cover for Graham.

Lewis Dunk would be a proper defender if Brighton went down..

Dunk and Lenihan as partnership.

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

We needed a striker capable of replacing Graham this time last year.

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would rather have Graham in the team and a competent goalkeeper and left back rather than spend big on a new striker to compete with Graham whilst Bell and Raya continue to cost us goals. Goalkeeper, left back and centre back are the 3 biggest priorities.

I’m not sure you’d feel the same if Graham got injured. We got away with it this season. I can’t think of any team in the top half who haven’t got 2/3 first team number 9’s. 

Im not saying Raya and Bell don’t need strong competition but I’m not sure simply replacing them is the right option. I suppose it depends if the manager believes in them? If he does then they’ve got another season of exp under their belt. Personally, I would replace Bell and bring in some experianced cover for Raya.

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m not sure you’d feel the same if Graham got injured. We got away with it this season. I can’t think of any team in the top half who haven’t got 2/3 first team number 9’s. 

Im not saying Raya and Bell don’t need strong competition but I’m not sure simply replacing them is the right option. I suppose it depends if the manager believes in them? If he does then they’ve got another season of exp under their belt. Personally, I would replace Bell and bring in some experianced cover for Raya.

Nothing to do with belief from the manager, both are huge liabilities and quite simply we need better. We cant afford to carry players who make so many individual errors. 

I totally agree that we need adequate backup for Graham but it seems a bit backwards to worry more about a 2nd choice striker rather than a 1st choice left back or goalkeeper.

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nothing to do with belief from the manager, both are huge liabilities and quite simply we need better. We cant afford to carry players who make so many individual errors. 

I totally agree that we need adequate backup for Graham but it seems a bit backwards to worry more about a 2nd choice striker rather than a 1st choice left back or goalkeeper.

I don’t see it as buying a second striker. We need to replace Graham with a better striker to have any chance imo.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I don’t see it as buying a second striker. We need to replace Graham with a better striker to have any chance imo.

But surely its more logical to improve the weakest parts of the team first rather than where our best player this season plays, without discounting that we do need competition for him and the player he spent 7m on looks more of a joke with each passing game.

But surely its more logical to improve the weakest parts of the team first rather than where our best player this season plays, without discounting that we do need competition for him and the player he spent 7m on looks more of a joke with each passing game.

All about opinions I guess.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I think it’s pretty much all to do with the managers beliefs. If he believes that Raya and Bell are not good enough then he has no option but to replace them. If he believes their inconsistency is due to their age and that they are worth persevering with then...

Assuming Dack stays..

I think we have an abundance of pace in; Chapman, Rothwell,  Armstrong, Bell, Nyambe

I would like to see a mobile hard-nut in our midfield. Not a deep-lying centre mid that just sits deep and looks busy but a proper box-to-box animal- I think we're a soft touch!

Which brings me on to our defence, again, an ugly sod- I'd have loved to have seen James Collins in January, a leader that doesn't take prisoners and can marshall the other lads.. I think we need at least two centre halves- proper ones, not midfielders that you could plop there..

I think Raya needs competition- what's Shay Given up to these days?

And finally another striker..

Think we'd be looking good then..

33 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think it’s pretty much all to do with the managers beliefs. If he believes that Raya and Bell are not good enough then he has no option but to replace them. If he believes their inconsistency is due to their age and that they are worth persevering with then...

Bell is 25 in a few weeks.  I would've thought he'd have picked up the need to close a man down quickly by now.  He just isn't up to scratch unfortunately.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't care what order the positions are filled, to be honest. So long as we don't spunk our budget on the striker at the cost of getting the right defenders.

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Bell is 25 in a few weeks.  I would've thought he'd have picked up the need to close a man down quickly by now.  He just isn't up to scratch unfortunately.

I’d personally replace Bell but keep Raya

• Like 1