BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham Away

Brum 3  Rovers 1

Can see a bright start then the usual capitulation and the bad run continues I think it might take a while to shake this one off, for once an international break in the last few weeks would've come in handy.

Right now a draw would be a belting result, credit to the away crowd yet again as away at Brum has seen some really poor turnouts down the years so I hope the good one gets something to cheer tomorrow, the team owe them one !

• J*B pinned this topic

Seems this is going to be relatively well attended, although for the first time in a while we're playing them on a Saturday rather than a Tuesday night. Well priced tickets too.

A draw would be decent. I've no idea what to expect. They are hard to beat at their place although last time out lost to lowly Bolton so it isn't exactly mission impossible to go there and win. The obvious way to do it is to start with a clean sheet and go from there but I won't be betting on that happening.

Raya

Nyambe       Rodwell           Mulgrew     Bell

Reed            Travis               Evans           Rothwell

Dack

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Maglorie, Smallwood, Bennett, Chapman, Armstrong, Nuttall

I think we need to go back to basics, to try and tighten up the defence. So I've gone with two banks of 4 with the defensive line sat deep to accommodate the complete lack of pace that either centre back have. It sums up just how dreadful the decisions taken by Mowbray in the transfer window were, that there is no choice but to let Mulgrew keep his place even after last week.

Raya

Nyambe       Magloire        Rodwell         Bell

Bennett       Reed              Travis          Rothwell

Dack

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Mulgrew, Evans, Davenport, Chapman, Armstrong, Nuttall

Drop Mulgrew doesn't deserve to start after last week. I'm not writing him off just think he needs to send a message and its a good chance to blood a youngster.

Interesting game.

Rovers and Birmingham are very similar sides at the moment. Two average championship teams, both containing one of the better players in the league in attack giving a slight edge over teams like Wigan/Millwall (Dack, Adams).

Consistently inconsistent throughout the season, neither close to going down, neither in all likelihood has the squad to make the play offs. That's not a bad thing as mid-table was probably seen as a 'good' season for both due to differing circumstances.

We're poor away from home, they've got home advantage coupled with a defence that has conceded a lot less than ours this season. They're 3 points closer to the play offs with an extra game to play so a possible motivational difference. Might be a rocket up tharse, but they did lose their last home game to the mighty force that is Bolton Wanderers. Keep a solid back line and do the basics right and we should get something.

All said, 1-1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17450339.mowbrays-message-to-rovers-players-after-run-of-defeats/

Its OK,  we were good against Brentford until the 3rd went in, we matched Bristol City, and Reading were just two isolated defensive howlers. 

Nothing to see here. The defence is just too cultured to do stuff like defending. ?

Hopefully we can do what they did to us on our patch - i.e. - play like a team that had given up and didn't want to be there and somehow taking a point.

I know Coylio lost 4 in a row, but unsure if he lost 5 in a row. We are certainly in danger of entering that unwanted territory.

3 minutes ago, Husky said:

I know Coylio lost 4 in a row, but unsure if he lost 5 in a row. We are certainly in danger of entering that unwanted territory.

Think you’re right there, I don’t remember us losing 5 in a row under Coyle. Off the top of my head you’d probably have to go back to the last couple of months of the 11/12 relegation season under he who shall not be named to find the last time we lost 5 on the spin.

Let’s hope we don’t equal that this weekend….

Edited by frosty