BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham Away

Decent result in isolation but we aren't going to progress if we keep conceding: a) so many goals away from home, b ) so many in the last 15 mins and c) just after we've taken the lead, like Leeds and today.

Edited by frosty

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It would have been the ideal time to make a change. I mean the pattern is we concede, so why not try and shut up shop? 

Who to come on though? Always risky. Sit back and concede, questions will be asked. Rothwell or whoever on and concede, similarly questions will be asked. Possibly best was to see how the team would hold out for a few minutes, which we failed

• Like 1

The second goal is totally Rayas fault. Ball just went through him from a ridiculous angle.

Absolutely miraculous point, we were dreadful for most of the game again, eye bleeding football, chasing shadows and zero quality on the ball. However we did create a few good chances today, which was nice for a change.

Thought Rodwell was decent again, and Nyambe solid. 

Edited by Fraserkirky

I didn't think we would lose today. You've got to be a very poor side to lose 5 in a row.

In context of the season you have to say it's a good away point at a Massive City club (the unofficial 2nd capital of the whole of England) and one that aids our exciting end of season fight for 17th spot.

Edited by Husky

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Who to come on though? Always risky. Sit back and concede, questions will be asked. Rothwell or whoever on and concede, similarly questions will be asked. Possibly best was to see how the team would hold out for a few minutes, which we failed

I would have agreed wholeheartedly in the past, but the reality now is we concede badly at the end of games. Manager needs to be proactive. 

Just now, Husky said:

I didn't think we would lose today. You've got to be a very poor side to lose 5 in a row.

In context of the season you have to say it's a good away point at a Massive City club (the unofficial 2nd capital of the whole of England) and one that aids our exciting end of season fight for 17th spot.

But if you lose 4 in a row, then draw, then lose the next game, is that not still bad? We need a win 

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

The second goal is totally Rayas fault. Ball just went through him from a ridiculous angle.

Exactly, Adams was at such a narrow angle and he shot with his right foot, it arrowed straight into the bottom far corner.

Wish we have someone like Che Adams, but Mowbray will probably play him on the left or right wing. 

26 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He must have cost us 10 goals this season...but plays without question 

There's certainly been 5 that were 100% his fault and several where he's been a factor.

If I could be bothered I might even have a look through the highlights and tally them up. But I can't be bothered, it's too painful.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Would’ve taken the point beforehand, and even now I’m happy with it. Just wish we didn’t keep throwing points away.

Hard, nasty bastard required at the back alongside Lenihan. Mulgrew finished by looks of it, needs replacing either by Rodwell, a signing, or maybe an u23 defender.

• Like 1

The thing is, a draw away at Birmingham isnt that bad, much of the performance wasnt that bad.

But yet again I am pissed off following watching Rovers. Mowbrays been here for 2 years and youd think by now wed be built on solid foundations, that hed by now be able to organise a team to see out results, even for a minute.

Sad truth is, hes treated defensive matters with total neglect. The only 2 "defensive" players hes signed that are still at the club played today, ones a bloody midfielder who for all his finesse is ultimately going to keep coming up short out of position, and Bell, who we signed for a couple of hundred grand who is by far the most repeated offender in terms of mistakes. Yet another today, he is dog shit. His comments recently dont suggest its going to change. 10m worth of attackers on the bench and nothing spent on the defence.

Individually, thought Graham was excellent and deserved the luck for the goal. Dack was better and made one sublime pass in the first half, but still not quite happening for him.

Bennett did nothing going forward, neither did Reed. Armstrong was quiet bar one incredible individual run at the end.

Travis was sloppy at times but his drive is important centrally. Smallwood average.

Raya made a howler that he was very unlucky to get away with. Mulgrew again with a good goal, him and Rodwell can have decent games but the lack of resolve back there means the goals will keep going in. Nyambe was fine but shit scared of attacking and Bell has escaped compared to Mulgrew in terms of criticism.

• Backroom

Not a bad result in isolation, but it's still just 1 point from the last 15 available. Unless our form picks up quite dramatically in the next dozen games I'm going to be quite concerned going into the summer. There is a lot of work to be done to make us serious playoff contenders. Based on our recent form and the amount of upgrades needed across the park I think Tony might have to lower his and the owners' expectations for next season. As it stands we'd do well to be solid mid table next season. I just can't see us having enough to spend in the summer to strengthen from Dack's likely departure combined with what will need to be a fairly heavy influx of new players.