BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham Away

35 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Would’ve taken the point beforehand, and even now I’m happy with it. Just wish we didn’t keep throwing points away.

Hard, nasty bastard required at the back alongside Lenihan. Mulgrew finished by looks of it, needs replacing either by Rodwell, a signing, or maybe an u23 defender.

Agreed,looks as if the big German from Charlton is a nailed on transfer in the summer.

Sounds like I need to go to the local more often!

Spoke with a couple of friends on their way home and feeling was, despite one friend having the deepest of blue eyes, was that the result just papers over many of the cracks which are getting bigger by the game.

Heard it was 2-2 in the pub and was just waiting for a Brum winner to go in. 

2-1 up and we concede a late equaliser within a couple of minutes.  Irrespective of Raya error or not, Mowbray picks the feckin team and if he will keep picking players who make errors then.....................................Unbelievable.

• Like 1

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Should have ponied up the 100k or whatever it would have taken in January. 

And it would be Mulgrew I would be sitting.

Seem to recall Mowbray saying on Thursday night that there would be some games where the new hard bastard of a centre half would 'sit out for Lenihan and Mulgrew' on the basis of horses for courses.

Could you imagine Shankly or Wenger saying to Ron Yeats / Tony Adams respectively 'this game isn't for you son' !

• Like 3

At game perspective; we needed to stop losing run and did. From the moment they scored we more than matched them, mainly because we set up further up the pitch. Not so sure that Adams was shooting for their equaliser.

The game showed us what we really know and have been saying pretty much all season. The exceptionally slow and poor start characterised lots of similar starts this season and surrendering another lead to a late goal (and a bloody poor one at that). The in between wasn't that bad as we got a foothold in the game and some of our players started to actually play. If this was a one off I could accept it but there simply has to be inherent weaknesses in some players for it to happen so often. It's an area that Mowbray has to address and in my opinion it can only be done through new players.

I thought the draw was actually fair on both teams. Surprisingly Mowbray only made one change which we don't see too often.

I really thought some Rovers fans were embarrassing today with their behaviour. Maybe I'm getting too old but throwing beer, abusive behaviour and fighting amongst themselves doesn't do our club any favours.

• Like 5

Seen the highlights tonight. 

Mulgrew at fault for both goals. Even after Bell's mistake Adams still had alot to do. Never close him down. Second goal he allowed Adams to run in behind and never close down quick enough. 

I listened to the game on Radio Lancs, it sounded like we were poor for 30 mins. Graham had a good game. After watching the highlights I don't know how Dack has miss the chance to win the game. 

Mulgrew need to improve himself and up his game cos this is simple not good enough at all. 

I would have deffo taken a point before the game and stop the losing streak. But we need to win next week. We all know how Rotherham and their system they play. Very rarely changed

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

No, at least 10 where he is either directly or indirectly involved.  Just not up to the job.

If we want to be serious about going up next season,  it starts with a new goalie 

Of course, his distribution contributes to around 15% of the oppositions possession, inevitabley leading to goals, im guessing at those stats but they must be close, and that inevitably does lead to opposition to scoring goals.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Spoke with a couple of friends on their way home and feeling was, despite one friend having the deepest of blue eyes, was that the result just papers over many of the cracks which are getting bigger by the game.

2-1 up and we concede a late equaliser within a couple of minutes.  Irrespective of Raya error or not, Mowbray picks the feckin team and if he will keep picking players who make errors then.....................................Unbelievable.

I went today, and i’d agree with your friends assessment. Thought we were poor today again and was very happy when graham scored as I thought we’d got away with it. 

Thought mowbray got his team wrong, too negative, 2 defensive  wingers and only one subs. Only Reed out of position today so not as bad as last week. We said we’d only score with that team from a set piece or a bit of magic from dack, second half we were better and started winning more second balls, for all Tony’s talk of evolving our style of play we just lump it up to graham.

we only really created one chance, and that was Dacks chance in injury time. Even the goals were a bit flukey, Graham’s was a massive defelection, and Charlie’s a corner.

a few thoughts on the players

Raya maybe should’ve done better for the 2nd goal but I’d need to see it again, Nyambe was solid, Rodwell was okay but outmuscled by their ex dingle striker. Bell is a really weird football, does some good things and makes a lot of errors. Smallwood was alright, Travis gave us some drive, Bennett  tracking back was immense tracking back but other little going forward, Reed isn’t a winger and it shows. Dack was a little better today but faded late on, graham had a good game. 

But we’ve got to talk about Mulgrew. He had another really poor defensive performance, take the first goal, error from Bell, but he backs of Adams so much he allows the shot through his legs. He’s scared of getting done for pace and he’s backing off so deep. It looks like we’re seeing the begging of the end for him. It’s quite sad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

You can certainly tell you're pissed from that nonsense you've just posted.

We started slowly, extremely poor for the opening 15mins, then we went on to dominate the rest of the game, but if you don't take your chances you don't win.

As some of the more realistic posters have been saying for a while now, it's all about next season and possibly the season after, but Some of the football today and Interplay really does bode well for the future. The full backs once again given license to push on was a joy to watch, especially away from home and the midfield pass and move and Grahams hold up play shows we're on the right track.

The seeds have being planted, they just need time to shoot.

Onwards and upwards.

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Seen the highlights tonight. 

Mulgrew at fault for both goals. Even after Bell's mistake Adams still had alot to do. Never close him down. Second goal he allowed Adams to run in behind and never close down quick enough. 

I listened to the game on Radio Lancs, it sounded like we were poor for 30 mins. Graham had a good game. After watching the highlights I don't know how Dack has miss the chance to win the game. 

Mulgrew need to improve himself and up his game cos this is simple not good enough at all. 

I would have deffo taken a point before the game and stop the losing streak. But we need to win next week. We all know how Rotherham and their system they play. Very rarely changed

Theres no way Mulgrew deserves the brunt of the blame for the first. Bell gave away in a stupid position

Ultimately, in an ideal world they would both be dropped. Sadly, Mowbrays refusal to sign any bloody defenders means that weve no other options.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Theres no way Mulgrew deserves the brunt of the blame for the first. Bell gave away in a stupid position

Ultimately, in an ideal world they would both be dropped. Sadly, Mowbrays refusal to sign any bloody defenders means that weve no other options.

Doesn’t deserve the brunt that should go to bell. But he made a mistake too. If Lenihan was fit I’d go Nyambe, Lenihan, Rodwell, Bell (still better than Williams)

• Like 1

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Doesn’t deserve the brunt that should go to bell. But he made a mistake too. If Lenihan was fit I’d go Nyambe, Lenihan, Rodwell, Bell (still better than Williams)

I just hope both left backs are let go in the summer and 2 new ones brought in, both are so poor its untrue. Sadly, I won't expect it. In fact I'd be surprised if he signed one.

Rodwells not the answer at centre back either. Need a revamp.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mulgrew didnt close the player or ball down. He could have closed him down and blocked him. Adams was 25 to 30 yards out when he got the ball. 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mulgrew didnt close the player or ball down. He could have closed him down and blocked him. Adams was 25 to 30 yards out when he got the ball. 

Possibly yeah, but his hands were tied with Adams running at him with pace, should have done more to block it but was unlucky to see it go through his legs. 

Like I said, I would like both to be dropped, neither are performing well enough. Our lack of options due to recruitment negligence means they both will continue.

• Like 1

I've just seen the goals and Birminghams second confirmed what I thought at the time that Raya shouldn't have been beaten by such a tame shot from that angle. He nearly conceded one in the first half by almost diving over the ball before scooping it away. I'll be disappointed if Mowbray doesn't improve on the goalkeeping position in the summer.

• Like 4

Just now, arbitro said:

I've just seen the goals and Birminghams second confirmed what I thought at the time that Raya shouldn't have been beaten by such a tame shot from that angle. He nearly conceded one in the first half by almost diving over the ball before scooping it away. I'll be disappointed if Mowbray doesn't improve on the goalkeeping position in the summer.

Just seen them too and Bell and Mulgrew was pathetic for the first and Mulgrew and Raya pathetic for the 2nd. Mulgrew needs dropping.