BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

• J*B pinned this topic
Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Can't see it improving the attendance of Rovers fans. Midday kick off, two mid table teams who have nothing to play for and the cheapest ticket is £24.

And we'll get tee watted

Exactly Ewood Ace.

£27 in the Blackburn End and £29-£31 in the JW upper (rising to £30 and £32-£34 on the day) tells you the club aren’t particularly interested in getting good numbers of home fans through the gate, just maximising revenue from a full Darwen End.

No red button helps this, of course. But still a sensible development from the club whatever the motivation.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

As a ST holder who stuck by the club right through the darkest days of Kean and double relegation I feel that Waggott simply kicks the most loyal fans in the teeth.

Keeps raising prices every year, tells everyone they aren’t committed enough and de facto caps the attendance keeping the atmosphere grim.

Think outside the box! Bloody innovative stadium, my harris.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

As a ST holder who stuck by the club right through the darkest days of Kean and double relegation I feel that Waggott simply kicks the most loyal fans in the teeth.

Keeps raising prices every year, tells everyone they aren’t committed enough and de facto caps the attendance keeping the atmosphere grim.

Think outside the box! Bloody innovative stadium, my harris.

Next season may finally be the year I give up the ST and choose my games, for the reasons you've mentioned (and others) 

I was committed, are the club? 

Presumably because the stadium manager and/or Waggott would prefer 7500 Preston fans less tanked up at 12pm than 3pm. Easier to manage. Feck the home fans.

Though we used to have 20 years of full Darwen Ends a few times a season with no problem. Sums up the small time operation down there theee days.

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Next season may finally be the year I give up the ST and choose my games, for the reasons you've mentioned (and others) 

I was committed, are the club? 

Would be a shame that but I wouldn’t blame you.

Dont expect any ‘deals’ though! (Well not in the sense of a normal person deal - maybe a Waggott Special: “£27 each or three for £81*”)

* Plus £2 per ticket surcharge (£3 after 12pm on day before game).

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A lot of folk work Saturday mornings too. Unbelievable really and something not replicated at any other club from what I can see.

I should be in work until midday that morning. I should sort it as it's a local derby but it's irritating. 

If not, I will stream the inevitable dodgy iFollow coverage from the dodgy sites.

Edited by Hasta

14 hours ago, Songman said:

Can't for the life in me understand why Rovers would request this kick off time. The pne police twitter account has confirmed that it is Rovers who have asked for early kick off.

Screenshot_20190221-190622.jpg

Lancs police Twitter confirms PNE (and Leeds?) kick off times moved at clubs request.

Lies from the club then? Thought we were past all that.

No thought for those who work on Saturday mornings.

No thought for those whose kids play football on Saturday mornings.

We've had 20 years of full Darwen Ends at 3.00 or 7.45.

Can't think of another club that does this.

Family club my @rse. Caley out.

• Like 2

It was clear that the club had lied about this when the Liverpool and Man Utd cup games at Ewood were allowed to take place on a Wednesday night with far bigger crowds than Preston or Leeds would attract.

Were the police in a position to veto and insist on a noon Saturday kick off on the basis of spectator safety then they would have done so for those games, which in any measure were far greater risks than PNE or Leeds in the 2nd division have ever been.

No other club does it, but then again most other clubs would draw the line at 5000 away fans, especially if more than that required and early kick off. They would sacrifice the extra 1500 away fans to enable kick off to stay at 3pm.

It was clear that the club had lied about this when the Liverpool and Man Utd cup games at Ewood were allowed to take place on a Wednesday night with far bigger crowds than Preston or Leeds would attract.

Were the police in a position to veto and insist on a noon Saturday kick off on the basis of spectator safety then they would have done so for those games, which in any measure were far greater risks than PNE or Leeds in the 2nd division have ever been.

As it happened those 20000+ crowds, in Liverpool's case almost 30,000 in an FA Cup quarter final replay with 8000+ scousers in the ground, passed without any major incident. Remarkable.

No other club does it, but then again most other clubs would draw the line at 5000 away fans, especially if more than that required and early kick off. They would sacrifice the extra 1500 away fans to enable kick off to stay at 3pm.

To my knowledge there has been no fixture v Leeds or PNE in recent history that has seen any major trouble or safety issues. Leeds fans made a mess in Wetherspoons the other year (which they could still do for a 12 noon kick off). 5500 Rovers fans can go on the beer around Preston all day for a 3pm kick off without major incident.

Edited by JHRover

But more than 5000 doesn’t require an early kick off as we now know.

The club just fancies a supposed quieter couple of hours with a dinnertime match, even though it will inconvenience a substantial numbers of OUR fans, you know the ones that turn up week in week out.

It really does beggar belief and I hope it will be raised by the Fans Forum.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Biggish away crowd , early kick off - less chance of having a pint /pie before hand instead buying a few extra pints and snacks in the ground? 

wonder if the Police give a discount for early kick offs, as it still leaves them with a few hours to get their revenue raising numbers up with Saturday afternoon motorists/shoppers. 

I was looking at the Lancashire senior cup final and looking through the rounds. 

It has home or away win followed by the score. Except when we played preston. I didn't know where to post this so I thought I'd put it here on case any of our beloved knobbers we're browsing....

Screenshot_20190222-212849.png

On 21/02/2019 at 16:10, Ewood Ace said:

Can't see it improving the attendance of Rovers fans. Midday kick off, two mid table teams who have nothing to play for and the cheapest ticket is £24.

I've never known a set of fans who can find an excuse not to attend a football game. It's pathetic.

• Like 2