BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

It’s just a fact. There will be around 12,000 Rovers fans there, as usual.

If you think £27-£31 for a ticket in the Blackburn End or Jack Walker (£30-£34 on the day) is in any way sensible for a mid table second division match then fair enough, but it’s a ridiculous price from where I’m standing. The club is only interested in filling the Darwen End at top prices, not trying to encourage a big derby crowd and atmosphere that could encourage our fans to return.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Blue n whites said:

I've never known a set of fans who can find an excuse not to attend a football game. It's pathetic.

So you think a 12:00 Saturday kick off between two teams with nothing to play for, with the cheapest ticket at £24 is going to see an increase in attendance? 

11 hours ago, Blue n whites said:

I've never known a set of fans who can find an excuse not to attend a football game. It's pathetic.

Why does anyone need to find an excuse not to attend? 

Moving it to time people may be working at (for no reason at all) will make it impossible for some even with season tickets to attend. Thats not an excuse.

It is correct to suggest that fans who havent already got season tickets will be less likely to buy them at high prices for a mid table game.

Ill be going regardless but some like yourself seem intent on provoking arguments.

43 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Moving it to time people may be working at (for no reason at all) will make it impossible for some even with season tickets to attend. Thats not an excuse.

It is correct to suggest that fans who havent already got season tickets will be less likely to buy them at high prices for a mid table game.

Ill be going regardless but some like yourself seem intent on provoking arguments.

book it off. give notice that you need it off. 

Hasn't this kick off time been know for ages. 

if fans want to be there they will be there regardless of the kick off time. 

Yes some people wont be able to attend but might suit others. you cannot suit everyone

Edited by chaddyrovers

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

book it off. give notice that you need it off. 

Hasn't this kick off time been know for ages. 

if fans want to be there they will be there regardless of the kick off time. 

Yes some people wont be able to attend but might suit others. you cannot suit everyone

Dont talk bollocks. Some people wont be able to attend all for a change that for all the guff coming out of the club is at the clubs request, for what reason exactly? 

And no, they wont be there regardless of the kick off time, you seemingly cannot fathom that some people arent as desperate to attend as you or I.

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dont talk bollocks. Some people wont be able to attend all for a change that for all the guff coming out of the club is at the clubs request, for what reason exactly? 

And no, they wont be there regardless of the kick off time, you seemingly cannot fathom that some people arent as desperate to attend as you or I.

The change of kick off has been there all season. If you work a Saturday morning you can book it off as a holiday months ago. I did when we played Burnley and Preston at 12 pm kick off a few years ago

Like I keep saying if people want to be there they will be regardless of price. If people aren't desperate to watch Rovers that's their choice. 

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

And not everyone can book it off.

Some people think that life should revolve around Rovers as though that should be a factor for attendances.

Anyone whose life revolves around Rovers is already attending - and that takes us to the high end of 11k fans.

The club needs to stop messing fans about and charging ridiculous prices (relative to the economics of the fanbase) for the privilege.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, meadows said:

If you think a Rovers v PNE match after a 4-1 hiding at Deepdale is a match “between two teams with nothing to play for” perhaps live football isn’t really for you. 

I'll be there but I highly doubt there will be any increase in the usual 12000 or so fans that we have for home games. It may be a massive game for you but for the fan who doesn't go every week they will probably look at it see a game between two mid table side with the cheapest ticket £24 and decide not to bother, particularly with the hassle of a 12:00 kick off. If you think we will get more than usual then fair enough but I certainly do not need somebody like you telling me whether or not live football is for me.

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'll be there but I highly doubt there will be any increase in the usual 12000 or so fans that we have for home games. It may be a massive game for you but for the fan who doesn't go every week they will probably look at it see a game between two mid table side with the cheapest ticket £24 and decide not to bother, particularly with the hassle of a 12:00 kick off. If you think we will get more than usual then fair enough but I certainly do not need somebody like you telling me whether or not live football is for me.

Correct, I'm not a ST holder, and won't be bothering. Won't be paying £24 to sit in the riverside, so would have to be another stand at nearly £30, so no thank you. Newt to play for, playing crap football, with players who look like their ready for the summer, no thanks. Will spend my £30 on a night out. No live football isn't always for me Meadows.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

So you think a 12:00 Saturday kick off between two teams with nothing to play for, with the cheapest ticket at £24 is going to see an increase in attendance? 

I don't think the club could do anything to tempt most rovers fans to go. And I'm sick of debating it.

I know at least 10 plus fans who have bought a fire stick and iptv.  Yet have an opinion on what the club should or shouldnt do.

I genuinely believe at least half wouldn't attend if it was free.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

In your haste to insult you've said the complete opposite of what you meant to say. 

I was in no rush. I know what i said and why i said it.

Who do you think i am insulting. 

What was I trying to say, as you seem to know more than I do.

Edited by Blue n whites

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Argument. On a football forum. Grow up. I'll state my opinion on whatever topic I want.

I've lived away from darwen for 14 years and lived in Exeter Taunton dundee and dunfermline.  Worked with only one rovers fan in that time.  So I know every club has part time fans.

Do you think it is a coincidence that my mates  who are the most opinionated don't go. 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The change of kick off has been there all season. If you work a Saturday morning you can book it off as a holiday months ago. I did when we played Burnley and Preston at 12 pm kick off a few years ago

Like I keep saying if people want to be there they will be regardless of price. If people aren't desperate to watch Rovers that's their choice. 

For a lot of people Saturday morning is overtime and the extra money helps them pay the bills. I would have got tickets for my daughter and granddaughter but she has gymnastics between 11 and 12. There is also a lot of junior football on Saturday mornings which is important to them

For clarity do you agree wow the noon kick off?

1 hour ago, Blue n whites said:

I don't think the club could do anything to tempt most rovers fans to go. And I'm sick of debating it.

I know at least 10 plus fans who have bought a fire stick and iptv.  Yet have an opinion on what the club should or shouldnt do.

I genuinely believe at least half wouldn't attend if it was free.

Another fair comment, I probably wouldn't go if it was free now. Reason being, I stopped going after being a ST holder, and eventually started to do other stuff on a Saturday. I now think twice about spending £30 plus beers and other expenses for a lower half championship football match. That's exactly why the club need to do a massive offer on season tickets to get people back, they'll go most games if they have one and then the chances are a lot will return.

Edited by AAK

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

For a lot of people Saturday morning is overtime and the extra money helps them pay the bills. I would have got tickets for my daughter and granddaughter but she has gymnastics between 11 and 12. There is also a lot of junior football on Saturday mornings which is important to them

For clarity do you agree wow the noon kick off?

Surely people could miss one Saturday morning to watch Rovers. Also hasn't this kick off time been 12 pm for months? if so, plenty of fans have had plenty of time. 

a noon kick off time doesn't affect me on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surely people could miss one Saturday morning to watch Rovers. Also hasn't this kick off time been 12 pm for months? if so, plenty of fans have had plenty of time. 

He's right chaps. I've just rung my boss.

'Boss, Chaddy said I should just ask for the morning off even though I'm contracted to work Saturday mornings'

'Yeah, that's fine'

'Cheers'

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why should they? The overtime money is important to people particularly in low paid jobs. People have families, why on earth should they prioritise football over that?

So do you agree with the noon kick off or not?

Edit: Leeds was another unnecessary early kick off which inconvenienced some supporters.

Edited by arbitro

9 minutes ago, AAK said:

Another fair comment, I probably wouldn't go if it was free now. Reason being, I stopped going after being a ST holder, and eventually started to do other stuff on a Saturday. I now think twice about spending £30 plus beers and other expenses for a lower half championship football match. That's exactly why the club need to do a massive offer on season tickets to get people back, they'll go most games if they have one and then the chances are a lot will return.

My only gripe is with ppl who think the club should bend over back wards to accommodate them.  When we all know if fans wanted to go they would.

I'm not bothered who goes or doesn't.  Everyone has a rite to not go for whatever reason. 

I average about 5 home games and 3 aways most years. Some more some less.  But that's my choice. I don't expect the club to win me back. 

I appreciate your frankness and honesty.

Chaddy the clue is in it help some to pay the bills. loose money not working and loose money paying for tickets. yes its been known what the kick off  time has been known for some time. but real life comes first for some people not football.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thats the key. Not a shred of empathy for anyone.

I've seen reasons why it shouldn't be moved to 12, but none as to why it should be.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Why should they? The overtime money is important to people particularly in low paid jobs. People have families, why on earth should they prioritise football over that?

So do you agree with the noon kick off or not?

Edit: Leeds was another unnecessary early kick off which inconvenienced some supporters.

It doesnt bother me one bit. It makes zero difference to me what time the kick off is on Weekend. 

I understand why overtime is important to some people but its one Saturday. Yes 1. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Thats the key. Not a shred of empathy for anyone.

I've seen reasons why it shouldn't be moved to 12, but none as to why it should be.

Not at all. 

But this kick off time has been known since start of the season I believe. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

It doesnt bother me one bit. It makes zero difference to me what time the kick off is on Weekend. 

I understand why overtime is important to some people but its one Saturday. Yes 1. 

Not at all. 

But this kick off time has been known since start of the season I believe. 

I know it doesn't bother you as you have said ad infinitum but do you agree with it? Do you think it's necessary or fair on people who can't make a noon kick off?

• Like 1