BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I know it doesn't bother you as you have said ad infinitum but do you agree with it? Do you think it's necessary or fair on people who can't make a noon kick off?

The kick off time has been known for months so I cant see how people can moan. Surely ppl look at fixtures

35 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Clearly you aren't going to answer my question so I give up.

Question was answered

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would you adopt the same mindset if they announced that a game was going to be played at 4am one day?

Yes no problem. Tend to be awake anyway some of the time when my NBA team LA Lakers are playing and on Sky Sports

1 hour ago, renrag said:

I don’t think people are asking the club to bend over backwards by expecting a 3pm Saturday kick off

Yeah that would be ideal and sensible. I don't understand the 12 o'clock ko myself. But how long has this been the ko time. 

I'm forming my opinion on my circle of friends and social media. It's either the price. Weather. Venkys. Poor entertainment. On sky. Stream it.Now got other interests. Etc etc.

If you don't want to go. Great

If you do. Great.

But it annoys me some fans place whatever reason they've got for not attending  at the feet of the club.

If you disagree then we can agree to disagree. 

49 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

Yeah that would be ideal and sensible. I don't understand the 12 o'clock ko myself. But how long has this been the ko time. 

I'm forming my opinion on my circle of friends and social media. It's either the price. Weather. Venkys. Poor entertainment. On sky. Stream it.Now got other interests. Etc etc.

If you don't want to go. Great

If you do. Great.

But it annoys me some fans place whatever reason they've got for not attending  at the feet of the club.

If you disagree then we can agree to disagree. 

But people arent saying they arent attending because the club has done x, y and z. It is people who are season ticket holders who are saying that the club should be doing everything it can to attract the fairweather fans. The club adopting a "if they want to go and a true fans they will go" attitude would only harm itself.

If you want to think of it as people making excuses as if its an obligation then fine. Surely the club should remove as many of these excuses as possible.

For some, the kick off time will make it impossible to attend. For many more, they will attend but at major inconvenience. And for what reason? Its been proven not be at police request.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But people arent saying they arent attending because the club has done x, y and z. It is people who are season ticket holders who are saying that the club should be doing everything it can to attract the fairweather fans. The club adopting a "if they want to go and a true fans they will go" attitude would only harm itself.

If you want to think of it as people making excuses as if its an obligation then fine. Surely the club should remove as many of these excuses as possible.

For some, the kick off time will make it impossible to attend. For many more, they will attend but at major inconvenience. And for what reason? Its been proven not be at police request.

Everything you have said is correct and I agree with. 

Although my frustration isn't solely because of this one occasion. 

• Backroom

Game should be played in my garden (you could perhaps fit one 18 yard box in there) and nobody else should be able to watch 

I’d be able to see it and that’s all that counts after all

• Backroom
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Do you go to every away game? And if not can I respectfully ask why?

This is the flaw in his logic, football comes first and before everything else and would pay any money for a season ticket yet he only goes to the odd away game, his own standards don’t seem to apply to himself 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

This is the flaw in his logic, football comes first and before everything else and would pay any money for a season ticket yet he only goes to the odd away game, his own standards don’t seem to apply to himself 

That's exactly what I was driving at. Football for many fans isn't the priority and there are many reasons why. For some it's cost prohibitive or simply inconvenient. It's almost like a badge of honour for some to wear because they prioritise football over what are more important things to many.

• Moderation Lead

Football matches kick off at 3pm typically, people will base their lives around this at the weekend.

Unless this game is on TV, (which I don’t think it is) I would get why it’s a midday kickoff. If it isn’t, then there really is no need for it to be moved.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, arbitro said:

Edit: Leeds was another unnecessary early kick off which inconvenienced some supporters.

It certainly inconvenienced the Leeds fans with no trains running.

Early ko games are horrendous on the atmosphere. I hate them and we have our fair share. On occasion I have to drag myself because my lad is keen as mustard. 5.15 games aren't much better because you're full of ale.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CP Company Lad said:

It certainly inconvenienced the Leeds fans with no trains running.

Early ko games are horrendous on the atmosphere. I hate them and we have our fair share. On occasion I have to drag myself because my lad is keen as mustard. 5.15 games aren't much better because you're full of ale.

That's your choice. You don't have to be. You could drink tea instead.

It's what civilised Lancashire folk do

19 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

That's your choice. You don't have to be. You could drink tea instead.

It's what civilised Lancashire folk do

Yesterday was my first drink in 3 weeks. Only ended up having 4 pints and a glass of red later. I enjoy a cup of tea with the best of them but think I like booze more when attending football. Sometimes you need a couple of liveners to watch that shite.

Ringtons tea I trust for a man of your calibre.

21 hours ago, meadows said:

If you think a Rovers v PNE match after a 4-1 hiding at Deepdale is a match “between two teams with nothing to play for” perhaps live football isn’t really for you. 

Well I hope the players feel the same as I seem to remember our 'reaction" at Wigan following the 4-1 drubbing.