BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

Just now, Bowlandforest said:

Truth hurts fella I remember Rovers in the 60s 70s 80s & 90s when u were shite like the rest of us & have been for the last 6 or so years. But don't suppose you no about those days with  you been a plastic. just trying to have a adult football conversation about how people see Rovers from the outside.

As I said. Do the honours mods ?

So the reason given for the early kick off time is "due consideration was given to the game being a local derby, previous encounters between the two clubs, the large away allocation and the short distance for thenpreston fans to travel"

That's a nothing answer without expanding. All of the above apply to many, many local derbys and yet a lot of them kick off at 3pm.

If we even got into the Premier League, would the fixtures against the Manchester or Liverpool clubs have to kick off early. Of ourse not. If they were on TV they could well be 4pm or 5pm.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bowlandforest said:

Truth hurts fella I remember Rovers in the 60s 70s 80s & 90s when u were shite like the rest of us & have been for the last 6 or so years. But don't suppose you no about those days with  you been a plastic. just trying to have a adult football conversation about how people see Rovers from the outside.

It sounded like a jealous rant from somebody who dislikes us. Life's too short mate.

And by the way your grammar is quite bad.

• Like 2

I don't mind the reality check of being shite, it is what it is. However, I don't ever want to hear historical comparisons with a team that once was fighting re-election from the football league. Now that is shite...no wonder you're enjoying your football now.

• Like 4

Theoretically in the PL, using those parameters, fixtures against Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Burnley and any other club that could get close to filling the Darwen End would have to be set for 12pm unless moved for TV.

Sure that wouldn’t be in the season ticket application pack...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bowlandforest said:

Time for you lot to look forward & not the past that's what North End fans are doing and we are enjoying our football.

Mighty Preston North End ....... the only one of the former top tier Lancashire town clubs never to have made it to the Premier League. 

A touch of humility needed 

• Like 1

I think you should all cut the Preston lad some slack. They are playing the best football they have played since , like the guy above said, the lamps where oil. We all know when you climb to high you get dizzy. He will be back to his normal self in a few weeks and we should excuse his ramblings as nothing more than delirium. 

You carry on son

Bless

When we were  "shite" in the 80's, we finished 6 times in what was, or would have been, a top 6 play off spot to get in the top flight. 

Our 'shite' season of 1981, they haven't bettered since 1964.  

Im all for looking forward, but to suggest we were on a similar level from early 70s to when Jack stepped in is laughable. I was born in 77 and until "loud and proud" night in the late 90s, Preston were one of them plucky local teams we played in the Manx cup.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

• Moderation Lead

Not even dignifying that post with a response. We are still a bigger club than them and it must sting that people have elected to support our boys than theirs from what is quite rightly their catchment area. 

They’re just another local club that’s obsessed with us for some reason.

Jealousy is an ugly trait. ?

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Theoretically in the PL, using those parameters, fixtures against Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Burnley and any other club that could get close to filling the Darwen End would have to be set for 12pm unless moved for TV.

Unless of course we could afford to pay the police more to police the game if we were in the Prem.

Even though we are not meant to have to pay police for policing the streets, the only reason I can see for this is that the police say that they either want X amount of pounds or the game kicks off at 1pm. Do we have police within Ewood on matchday?

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It wouldn't happen. Sky wouldn't allow it as a number of those would be selected for broadcast at other times.

Life on easy street at Ewood. Unfortunately that is incompatible with wanting to increase attendances. 

They thought the issue was put to bed by hiding behind the police but now we all know that isn't the case, the club ludicrously has backtracked and is now claiming it is a mutual decision. Still at least the neighbours who contribute nothing to the club will be happy the game is kicking off earlier....

52 minutes ago, Bowlandforest said:

The sooner you accepted that you are just a championship club now who have had your golden years purely to the generosity of a very wealthy benefactor with a dream.  You  now & in the past attracted  quite small crowds like we all do who play there football in north west . For to long we longed  for the Tom Finney days & finally with his death we have put him in the past & I am afraid if you don't put your great time behind you it will kill your enjoyment of football at Rovers. I am not jealous of Rovers in fact the opisite North End are  slowly becoming one of the best teams in the championship & not just my opinion but the all the top clubs have said it. But for the injuries we have sustained Untill the last 3 weeks & yet still missing 4 first team players injured shows how well we have done and am positive we would have made promotion.. Results since October 1st to now puts us in the Top 3. You  luckily  managed to carry your momentum from last season & had very few injuries to your key players.  So sorry to say all the comments about us is  because you can't accepted your demise as a club  & your poor owners have to take the blame even though they have pumped millions well over 100 million since they arrived. 

Time for you lot to look forward & not the past that's what North End fans are doing and we are enjoying our football.

No one can take away our memories of winning the Premier League, League Cup, UEFA Cup participation etc. Regardless of how, why, where and when it was achieved.

But you’re right, we cant dwell too long on the past and we must look forward to future seasons which hopefully will see us competing for promotion from the Championship and potentially in the the Premier League.

Not got a problem with PNE doing well, very pleased for you, but a few games in one season does not make you the best team in the League regardless of how you extrapolate the points. 

That’s a corker. 90s shite like the rest of us. I must admit in 1995 seeing uncle jack lifting the premier league trophy I thought to myself yep we’re just like that division 4 team 15 miles away.

Even the first half of the 60s mid table top division side. 70s pretty shite decade hence will have played pne regularly. 80s Id be astonished if we were in the same division more than a couple of seasons. So basically in the 70s we were shite just like Preston. 

Edited by matt83

2 hours ago, Bowlandforest said:

The sooner you accepted that you are just a championship club now who have had your golden years purely to the generosity of a very wealthy benefactor with a dream.  You  now & in the past attracted  quite small crowds like we all do who play there football in north west . For to long we longed  for the Tom Finney days & finally with his death we have put him in the past & I am afraid if you don't put your great time behind you it will kill your enjoyment of football at Rovers. I am not jealous of Rovers in fact the opisite North End are  slowly becoming one of the best teams in the championship & not just my opinion but the all the top clubs have said it. But for the injuries we have sustained Untill the last 3 weeks & yet still missing 4 first team players injured shows how well we have done and am positive we would have made promotion.. Results since October 1st to now puts us in the Top 3. You  luckily  managed to carry your momentum from last season & had very few injuries to your key players.  So sorry to say all the comments about us is  because you can't accepted your demise as a club  & your poor owners have to take the blame even though they have pumped millions well over 100 million since they arrived. 

Da sooner u acept u are jus a small club hu will never even have a bronz era in ya lifetime da better

U attrac smaller crowds like bambrough bridge HAHA

results since start ov season leave u not even in top 6 LOL more lyk best team in the CHUMPionship

can u accept dat ur just a small club on way 2 blackpool? 

Time 4 u lot to stop finkin u will ever be anyfin like us i neva heard of u til last season hu are ya hu are ya hu are ya

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bowlandforest said:

erm...Rovers weren't shite in the 1990s... and in the 70s and 80s we were a good club to be around. I agree we need to look forward, and that it sometimes appears that one or other of the north west clubs is top dog for a while. It will be a long time before Rovers have to look up to the likes of Nobend, Burnleh or anyone else to be fair, because we are and always will be the first and only small town winners of the Premier League. Not sure what Nobend have got to compare, but as willy waving goes, our achievement in that respect knocks your pea-shooter into a cocked hat.

1 hour ago, Don Said said:

Da sooner u acept u are jus a small club hu will never even have a bronz era in ya lifetime da better

results since start ov season leave u not even in top 6 LOL more lyk best team in the CHUMPionship

Time 4 u lot to stop finkin u will ever be anyfin like us i neva heard of u til last season hu are ya hu are ya hu are ya

Ironic. Like it.

3 hours ago, Bowlandforest said:

why are you on here? If all is great at Preston, go on the Preston forums and wax lyrics to each other, about how great your club is, we aren't interested.

Edited by AAK

On 21/02/2019 at 19:08, Songman said:

Can't for the life in me understand why Rovers would request this kick off time. The pne police twitter account has confirmed that it is Rovers who have asked for early kick off.

Screenshot_20190221-190622.jpg

That seriously is an eye opener. I would have thought PNE would have requested it so that it didn't interfere with their plastic fans and the Premiership kick off times.

And who could  blame them, as they have never seen Premiership football at Dump Dale and never will.

Edited by Husky

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Thick as mince. We were champions of England in the 90's and making Div 2 play-offs in the 80's when your sack of shite club was playing on a plastic pitch in Div 4. We've never been in Div 4.

Hope this helps. 

Sometimes your posts are like manna from the gods with the sweet smell of nectar, I salute you. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Don Said said:

You tell him Ali G

Fight the power

14 hours ago, Bowlandforest said:

Jog on, knobbers (all 5 of em) were hating on Rovers way before Jack because despite our small crowds we still usually operated a division or two above PNE on a regular basis.

You are at your pinnacle now for the first time since Tom Finney so I suggest you enjoy punching above your weight whilst it lasts - propped up coincidently by a rich benefactor who similar to our lot uses your club as a tax avoidance tool and has little interest in actually investing enough to propel you to the top. If I know one thing about North Enders it is they are more fickle than Rovers so the next player to be sold will have you mummering Hemmings out  again, forgetting that it's only his input that has allowed you to stay at this level, poor Trevor never gets any credit.

Time for you to look forwards to Blackpool overtaking you again soon !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1