BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Jog on, knobbers (all 5 of em) were hating on Rovers way before Jack because despite our small crowds we still usually operated a division or two above PNE on a regular basis.

You are at your pinnacle now for the first time since Tom Finney so I suggest you enjoy punching above your weight whilst it lasts - propped up coincidently by a rich benefactor who similar to our lot uses your club as a tax avoidance tool and has little interest in actually investing enough to propel you to the top. If I know one thing about North Enders it is they are more fickle than Rovers so the next player to be sold will have you mummering Hemmings out  again, forgetting that it's only his input that has allowed you to stay at this level, poor Trevor never gets any credit.

Time for you to look forwards to Blackpool overtaking you again soon !

Every club had smaller crowds in the mid 80s, ours were no worse than anyone else’s.

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Every club had smaller crowds in the mid 80s, ours were no worse than anyone else’s.

Correct and when we averaged 5/8k they averaged 3/5k a division or two below odd seasons of success aside so like for like it was perfectly normal across the board in those days.

It amuses me reading on PNE forums older heads trying to tell the young ones Rovers were only ever a Bury or Rochdale type club before Walker ?

What a complete myth in fact is it them who more resembled that size of club post Finney for a long time, truth is in real terms there isn't and never has been much difference in the hardcore support of all the Lancashire town teams but they've nearly always been a bit behind Rovers in fanbase terms, it's that they need to accept.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Don Said said:

Da sooner u acept u are jus a small club hu will never even have a bronz era in ya lifetime da better

U attrac smaller crowds like bambrough bridge HAHA

results since start ov season leave u not even in top 6 LOL more lyk best team in the CHUMPionship

can u accept dat ur just a small club on way 2 blackpool? 

Time 4 u lot to stop finkin u will ever be anyfin like us i neva heard of u til last season hu are ya hu are ya hu are ya

Wtf?

Is English not the first language on here anymore?

Lol.

North End are currently a very good side having won their last 4 away games; the form team of the division. We will have to be at our best to overcome them. Should be a great game. With Burnley not in this league at present, this game is our derby game.

Rovers expect every man to do his duty....................etc.etc.

• Like 2

Yep banter and arguments aside they've shaped up into a good side again this season and are a credit to their manager. Many over there thought that Graysons good work and stability would be sorely missed but where he was Mr Safe this guy has a bit of drive and fire in his belly to push them as far as possible on limited means and why not.

Why ever take your foot off the gas when handily placed ?  So what if you don't quite make the play offs or do and come up short ? Why be fearful when you can be bold....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Yep banter and arguments aside they've shaped up into a good side again this season and are a credit to their manager. Many over there thought that Graysons good work and stability would be sorely missed but where he was Mr Safe this guy has a bit of drive and fire in his belly to push them as far as possible on limited means and why not.

Why ever take your foot off the gas when handily placed ?  So what if you don't quite make the play offs or do and come up short ? Why be fearful when you can be bold....

Mowbray leaves the chat room...........

Genuinely don't see a genuine reason why Rovers (Caley and Waggot) have insisted on the ridiculous kick off time, other than to make life easier for the inept stadium management team.

PNE is just another game, its not a big derby game. Do I want us to beat them? yes of course but no more than when we play the likes of Bristol or Rotherham. I will be no happier or disappointed with the result than any other game this season.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, pk1875 said:

Genuinely don't see a genuine reason why Rovers (Caley and Waggot) have insisted on the ridiculous kick off time, other than to make life easier for the inept stadium management team.

PNE is just another game, its not a big derby game. Do I want us to beat them? yes of course but no more than when we play the likes of Bristol or Rotherham. I will be no happier or disappointed with the result than any other game this season.

I don't get why it is 12pm and not 1pm. That's ridiculously early. There's a big difference to many people between the two.

How many other non-televised games do you see kicking off at 12?

Rovers think they have covered this releasing a statement that tells us very little. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I'll answer my own question.

In the football league this season there has only been 1 other game which has kicked off at 12pm and has not been televised - Blackburn V Leeds.

We are the only club out of the football leage clubs who do this.

This may be because we are one of the few clubs who can accomodate 7000 away fans, but that wasnt a problem in the premier league. So what is different?

• Like 3

They've tried to over egg this in the absence of the Burnley fixture into something it really isn't and if we ever get back to the Prem the lot of them need sacking because there'll be a hell of a lot of big following coming again and they clearly can't be bothered handling those at 3pm.

Really it's probably all down to the stadium manager being pally with the local Plod and they all want easy overtime in the absence of Burnley to justify that when it comes around again. Waggot in his alleged drive to boost home turnouts should be overruling this kind of thing if the Police aren't insisting ion it-which they clearly aren't.

Old pals act !

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I don't get why it is 12pm and not 1pm. That's ridiculously early. There's a big difference to many people between the two.

Rovers think they have covered this releasing a statement that tells us very little. 

They've only released that bizarre statement after facing a landslide of questions and emails demanding an explanation from supporters after the official police twitter account confirmed to everyone what I had long suspected to be the case. I know a few people who have sent in letters and emails requesting an explanation.

I sincerely hope that those who meet with Waggott face to face will be asking why the club lied/misled supporters previously when they claimed that they had no say in the matter and they were acting entirely on police instruction in moving kick off to noon. That was minuted in more than one fans forum meeting. Now they've backtracked slightly and are admitting they do have some say in it as the decision is supposedly 'mutual' between Rovers and the police, whilst the police say they are only doing as requested by Rovers.

As you correctly point out - NO other club voluntarily moves kick off times to 12 noon. There are odd fixtures that are forced by the police or by Sky tv to early times but I'm not aware of any other 12 noon kick offs this season in the Championship, certainly not ones that the club offered to move there. The next question is why no other clubs ask for it - and the answer is clearly because they don't want to annoy their home fans and want as many to attend as possible.

This issue really grates on me. Not even because it causes me any particular inconvenience. I don't work on Saturdays, I live 20 minutes away, I can and will still attend. But I don't think it is acceptable for this to happen, I don't see any acceptable explanation and the club's attempt to explain it only raises more questions, like why they are moving kick off times to satisfy local residents and the Blackburn public who presumably contribute nothing to Blackburn Rovers whilst inconveniencing those who spend their money on the club.

We have a modern and safe stadium, set up well for segregation purposes with separate stands, buffer zones and a compound for the Darwen End. Most other clubs have no such luxuries - old grounds, lack of space, home and away fans mixing - yet no issues. Forest can host Derby on a Monday night, Sheff Wed v Sheff Utd too. Interesting.

• Like 8

Good point you make Hasta.

In relegation season (March 2017), the game was moved earlier, but it was 1pm.

That hour could make all the difference for folk who work till dinner or play themselves/watch their kids play on a Saturday morning.

Why stop at 12? Make it 9am next time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I'll answer my own question.

In the football league this season there has only been 1 other game which has kicked off at 12pm and has not been televised - Blackburn V Leeds.

We are the only club out of the football leage clubs who do this.

This may be because we are one of the few clubs who can accomodate 7000 away fans, but that wasnt a problem in the premier league. So what is different?

We have Stuart Caley now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

1pm would make a huge difference, tbh.

On the face of it the club look at local derbies and want to minimise trouble. Nice that the police are being open about who has requested it though.

However, it would be interesting to know what the costs are of a 12pm rather than a 3pm. Or is it a set time?

I’d guess, 10am - 3pm for a 12 o’clocker. (5 hours)

Would they start at lunchtime for a 3pm, I.e. 12pm - 6pm? (6 hours)

Everything Waggott does looks to be motivated by ?. Would this be any different?

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Well not on the gate, as that seems to be beyond the wit of man at Ewood.

But you would be able to from the match day ticket office at the Blackburn End.

Will tickets be available on the day to buy? If they are it flies in the face of Rovers press release this week. Hypothetically hundreds could buy tickets right up to kick off if they are on sale.