BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

5 hours ago, pk1875 said:

Genuinely don't see a genuine reason why Rovers (Caley and Waggot) have insisted on the ridiculous kick off time, other than to make life easier for the inept stadium management team.

PNE is just another game, its not a big derby game. Do I want us to beat them? yes of course but no more than when we play the likes of Bristol or Rotherham. I will be no happier or disappointed with the result than any other game this season.

Premier League fixtures like Man Utd vs Liverpool with 74k fans can kick off at around 2, yet Blackburn vs Preston has to be noon? It's bonkers, and not good for either set of supporters or either set of players.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What does this mean? 

I am thinking about flying over to it. Would you not advise just rocking up on the day? 

Yes you can rock up at the Blackburn End ticket office and buy one on the day with out problem.

However on a match day, the ticket price rises by £3.

If you wanted to, you could avoid that extra £3 by buying over the phone beforehand. Tell them you'll collect it on the day, you can just pitch up at anytime before kick off and pick it up from the window at the side of the club shop facing the car park.

• Like 1

Your best bet would be to pre order, saves £3 and then you can just pick up your ticket or I think you can print at home now.

As Preston may sell out the away end, they may make buying on the day only for folk already with a database record of buying tickets - so to stop Preston fans trying to buy on home areas.

Give the ticket office a ring, they are always very helpful.

15 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What does this mean? 

I am thinking about flying over to it. Would you not advise just rocking up on the day? 

If you get stuck let me know. Keep in mind that following an accident I'm not very mobile at present.

I can be outside the ground later today or on the match day around 11.30.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, CP Company Lad said:

Chorley, Bamber Bridge and Hoghton/Higher Walton are pretty much split btw the two. Chorley also Bolton.

Knowing Brig and HW as i do its 50/50.

Tradition says Bamber Bridge is 50/50. I would say just more PNE but not much in it. Clayton Brook probably more Rovers.

Leyland also close. Probably more PNE. 

In the mid 1990's Preston itself had only slightly more PNE than Rovers. Hence there bitterness towards us now.

Preston’s biggest problem is most folk wander around with Liverpool or Man Utd shirts on, yet PNE fans have no issue with that.

Yet, people like us that have stuck by our club through a shite decade are dubbed ‘plastics’. Go figure!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Preston’s biggest problem is most folk wander around with Liverpool or Man Utd shirts on, yet PNE fans have no issue with that.

Yet, people like us that have stuck by our club through a shite decade are dubbed ‘plastics’. Go figure!

Plastics yes. I have heard that in Preston aimed at Rovers.

Proud Preston haven't had a team for 50 years. All they've got left to throw at us is that when we were brilliantly successful not long ago a few of their fans came to watch us. Somehow that makes our fans 'Plastics' . ? They haven't worked out the irony yet. 

In fairness though if you've had to  watch your team apply for re-election to the league because they're utter shite then it would probably have lasting psychological consequences. If you've also had to watch all your rivals get in the Prem because they are all better than you then you're probably going batshit crazy by now. 

Pity them. 

Were they ever ‘their’ fans?

Or was it that a few folk decided to wear a Rovers shirt instead of Utd/Liverpool?

They’ve got to get over it and realise one of the main reason they’ve spent half a century in the doldrums and their ‘city’ struggles to provide five figure crowds for Deepdale is because they are probably only the third best supported club in their own patch.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Were they ever ‘their’ fans?

Or was it that a few folk decided to wear a Rovers shirt instead of Utd/Liverpool?

They’ve got to get over it and realise one of the main reason they’ve spent half a century in the doldrums and their ‘city’ struggles to provide five figure crowds for Deepdale is because they are probably only the third best supported club in their own patch.

I know a few Nobbers who starting watching Rovers in the 90s. All lads I went to school with who watched PNE all through school and their early 20s and then suddenly found a love of Rovers around 1992.

They probably watch Burnley now. 

8 hours ago, CP Company Lad said:

Chorley, Bamber Bridge and Hoghton/Higher Walton are pretty much split btw the two. Chorley also Bolton.

Knowing Brig and HW as i do its 50/50.

Tradition says Bamber Bridge is 50/50. I would say just more PNE but not much in it. Clayton Brook probably more Rovers.

Leyland also close. Probably more PNE. 

We have to take into account you're on about fans who've stuck with at least a passing interest in local teams as most of those areas listed like anywhere else in the North are over infested by Man U & Liverpool 'fans' who seem to far outweigh everyone else.  The local clubs really would have some big crowds if people had a bit more loyalty to the historic clubs near them instead of the ones on their tv screens.

Honourable exception to Chorley were there's always been a good few actually go watch the big 2 as well as City and Everton.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It's had long been the town/city of the dual fan I've lost count of the ones I know who have their hometown team and their fav big local team shirt just for good measure. So long out of top flight they feel the need to associate with some of the big guns, no doubt why a lot pitched up at Ewood for a few years in the 90's ..?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Honourable?

Easy to watch clubs like that year in year out, they’re in it for the reflected glory.

Nearest big local city Manchester and with other local clubs falling by the wayside for decades it's understandable how the red plague gripped places like that especially when you think of the George Bests etc.  Dads take lads and that's where it begins way way back.

Liverpool though, yeah a complete glory hunt from the late 70s onwards, embarrassing how many shirts turn up literally overnight when they near some sort of success then almost totally disappear again when they cock it up. They've always been a club people support for ONE DAY every now and again !!

I assume CP is ignoring the glory hunters and focusing just on who supports normal clubs in these areas.

I’m the same, if a conversation ever turns to football and it emerges that said person ‘supports’ one of the red two, I discount their opinions and make a note never to talk football with them again.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I assume CP is ignoring the glory hunters and focusing just on who supports normal clubs in these areas.

I’m the same, if a conversation ever turns to football and it emerges that said person ‘supports’ one of the red two, I discount their opinions and make a note never to talk football with them again.

Please tell me it's an actual written note, in a notebook, done in front of them. ?

Edited by blueboy3333