BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

9 hours ago, CP Company Lad said:

Despite everything. Preston have the best player ever to put on a pair of boots. 100%.

Better than anybody. 

My old man and many of his age say Finney is the best ever. Naturally 2 footed. Good in the air and could put a foot in. Also sort your boiler out for you.

Sir Tom.

Not as good as Duggie. Never

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, renrag said:

Great as Douglas was Jim, I’m sorry but we have to concede that one

My Dad,  Blackburn lad and Rovers through and through, from whom I caught the Rovers bug as a young kid and certainly by 1960 as I recall us in the Cup, said Finney was the best complete footballer he had ever seen. I never saw Finney play myself but Dad said he could play in any position and very good at every facet of the game. 

• Like 1

I only know one person who is a PNE fan, supports them through family connections so doesnt seem to have the usual Rovers bitterness about him.

Claims over 5k have been sold now. Should easily sell out i suspect.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

I only know one person who is a PNE fan, supports them through family connections so doesnt seem to have the usual Rovers bitterness about him.

Claims over 5k have been sold now. Should easily sell out i suspect.

Big family day out. Will be almost as many as they get at home.

10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I assume CP is ignoring the glory hunters and focusing just on who supports normal clubs in these areas.

I’m the same, if a conversation ever turns to football and it emerges that said person ‘supports’ one of the red two, I discount their opinions and make a note never to talk football with them again.

Me too. It is not real or authentic.... ...but people call me a football fascist!

On 24/02/2019 at 07:18, arbitro said:

Do you go to every away game? And if not can I respectfully ask why?

as many as I can get to. 

why not more? sometime my best friend cant go, or my own family reasons like having the kids when the missus goes out so I left with them, or in the past my Missus health issues. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

as many as I can get to. 

why not more? sometime my best friend cant go, or my own family reasons like having the kids when the missus goes out so I left with them, or in the past my Missus health issues. 

And for family reasons i.e. paying bills and feeding kids some people will have to work on Saturday mornings. And some might have to watch their kids whilst their wife works on Saturday morning.

My point is that everyone has different circumstances and priorities. I sincerely hope you can grasp and respect that in future.

• Like 2

On 01/03/2019 at 10:19, renrag said:

Great as Douglas was Jim, I’m sorry but we have to concede that one

Yeah, My admiration of Dougie is second to none but I saw them both play and Finney was ever so slightly a better player. He could play in every position across the forward line and look a natural. He was as  good as George Best in my opinion.

Raya

Nyambe   Magloire   Mulgrew   Bell

Rodwell    Travis

Reed         Dack        Rothwell

Armstrong

I'm scared.

Just now, CD_93 said:

Raya

Rodwell    Travis

Armstrong

I'm scared.

Why??

Just now, CD_93 said:

Raya

Rodwell    Travis

Armstrong

I'm scared.

Stick Dack up top with Armstrong in a 2, replace Mulgrew with Lenihan, have Chapman, Reed, Rodwell and Rothwell in a 442 and I'd be happy with that. 

We need to do something radical otherwise we'll be humiliated. Oh and what happened to the high tempo?!

4 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Stick Dack up top with Armstrong in a 2, replace Mulgrew with Lenihan, have Chapman, Reed, Rodwell and Rothwell in a 442 and I'd be happy with that. 

We need to do something radical otherwise we'll be humiliated. Oh and what happened to the high tempo?!

They  are not Man City  !!!

4 points in front of us and Finney does not play anymore , for god's sake !!!

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Can we class this as a mercer defeat prediction? This could be the turning point for us.

No you can't!

I reckon somehow we will beat Preston and, sadly IMO, prolong the tenure of our hapless manager. 

7 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Leutwiler

Nyambe  Williams  Mulgrew

Conway Travis Rodwell Evans Rothwell 

Armstrong  Nuttall

That's an awful team. Mulgrew and Rothwell would be funny to watch though trying to defend. 

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 4