SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

8 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Leutwiler

Nyambe  Williams  Mulgrew

Conway Travis Rodwell Evans Rothwell 

Armstrong  Nuttall

Why Williams in the centre of a 3? Have you watched Preston? They play with pace up top! Mulgrew will be exposed 

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

Leutwiler 

Nyambe Rodwell Williams Bell

Reed Travis

Armstrong Dack Rothwell

Graham

If Dack doesn't step up he's the next one out the team for me. Mr Invisible. 

That team is worth a go. 

Dack is playing like a player who knows a transfer is definitely on in the Summer, or one who is completely shagged out including too many nights on the tiles.

• Like 1

Leutwiler

Nyambe       Magloire              Mulgrew    Bell

Evans                   Reed

Chapman                     Dack                     Rothwell

Graham

Subs: Raya, Rodwell, Williams, Travis, Davenport, Armstrong, Nuttall

Leutwiler

Nyambe   Lenihan  Mulgrew Bell

Reed  Bennett

Armstrong     Dack      R.Costello

Graham

We've no proper wingers at the club bar chapman who probably wont play this season, so get a lad out of the academy in the starting 11. I would drop Mulgrew if there was someone who could replace him, but there isnt. Think we need two grafters in the DM role, due to the poor defence.

Edited by AAK

14 hours ago, Mercer said:

No you can't!

I reckon somehow we will beat Preston and, sadly IMO, prolong the tenure of our hapless manager. 

I am bordering on having lost my patience with the manager. But implying that a win would be unwelcome and suggesting Coyle could do a better job, you are showing yourself up, again.

Raya

Nyambe.   Lenihan.   Mulgrew.    Bell

Reed.      Smallwood.   Bennett

Dack.         Rothwell

Graham

Ive not changed the keeper as I have no idea how good or bad Leutwiler is. Unlike the outfield positions you never see him play.

I'd let Rothwell roam to either wing as he wishes. Make sure one of Reed / Bennett is always looking to get forward to support when we break. Encourage the full backs to get forward with one of the midfield 3 always aware and filling in as required.

Presuming Lenihan is fit, I've gone back to him and Mulgrew as they played together in the early part of the season when's we were in better form. Rodwell feels like he has been the constant during this poor run, although the individual mistakes have rarely been down to him. 

Chapman should come through 60 minutes for the U23s on Monday and sit on the bench on Saturday. 

Just now, Hasta said:

Raya

Nyambe.   Lenihan.   Mulgrew.    Bell

Reed.      Smallwood.   Bennett

Dack.         Rothwell

Graham

If I turn up and hear Bennett and Smallwood starting, I'd probably turn around and go home. Two poor players who I have no desire to see in a Rovers shirt ever again. 

Edited by Ewood Ace

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

If I turn up and hear Bennett and Smallwood starting, I'd probably turn around and go home. Two poor players who I have no desire to see in a Rovers shirt ever again. 

At least you will be home in time for the early Premier League kick off.

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am bordering on having lost my patience with the manager. But implying that a win would be unwelcome and suggesting Coyle could do a better job, you are showing yourself up, again.

It's not me who's showing themselves up.

Some of our performances have been so poor that you could be forgiven thinking it was still Kean or C o y l e on the touchline - no discernible difference at times.

58 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Have to agree. My mate said other month, why don't you come down today, cheap tickets, I just said, I cant watch a team that consists of Richie Smallwood, and won't bother watching any games that he plays in. Sounds pathetic, I know, but i just can't stand watching it. Bennett getting that way, he's not a defender, he's a winger, but he can't cross a ball, so literally does nothing bar constantly giving the ball away.

I get the point about supporting a team, but when it's getting onto nearly 8 years of shite, I just can't be bothered wasting money on it anymore. Additionally If i do attend and make my feelings heard, you get shot down by the rest of the stadium and abuse thrown at you for not supporting the team, which is ironic, as them same supporters don't support the team in terms of creating an atmosphere. Which is the second reason I've stopped going, it's like a library down there, I used to love darwen end and a good sing along all game, but now, nothing.

Again I know people will totally disagree with probably all that I've put, but it's just how I feel, I've fallen out of love with it. But if you'd have put sensible pricing on season tickets and put them on right after promotion I'd probably have got one, like many others I'd have thought, then I'd have been back into the routine of going.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It's not me who's showing themselves up.

Some of our performances have been so poor that you could be forgiven thinking it was still Kean or C o y l e on the touchline - no discernible difference at times.

If we went to a game and didn't know who the manager was, then I can get your point, as some of the stuff being served up is the same as under those two at times. However Tony is a better manager than both, more honest and more professional.

46 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Deary me, how bad is that team. Is that what we've come down to ?

Yep. I’m fed up of picking limited players to try and cover the even greater limitations of the ones behind them. The only way to stop anyone’s right winger skinning Bell/Williams/Mulgrew is make them have to sit back and mark someone who can play.

58 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Yep. I’m fed up of picking limited players to try and cover the even greater limitations of the ones behind them. The only way to stop anyone’s right winger skinning Bell/Williams/Mulgrew is make them have to sit back and mark someone who can play.

I know where you're coming from. We've got plenty of players but not many outstanding ones.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

I agree. Poor run but let’s put things into perspective especially as dodgy owners are concerned. Hope this is not firewalled  

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/crisis-club-bolton-wanderers-close-training-ground-to-players-and-staff-65d6zjl0h?shareToken=96193e2a1aa7a56b948daac64721da14

On 03/03/2019 at 11:24, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

The hatred of Kean was about more than simply poor results on the pitch.

Whatever you make of Mowbray, let’s put the Kean comparison to one side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbrandjohn said:

I agree. Poor run but let’s put things into perspective especially as dodgy owners are concerned. Hope this is not firewalled  

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/crisis-club-bolton-wanderers-close-training-ground-to-players-and-staff-65d6zjl0h?shareToken=96193e2a1aa7a56b948daac64721da14

Another sad day for traditional football clubs . The EFL/Premier League need locking up for their lack of governance.

my son played at Bolton when the club opened the academy , a shame really.