BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

• Moderation Lead
33 minutes ago, Proud Preston said:

Some absolute whoppers on here. Calling it our cup final? We're far bigger than you could ever dream of being.  Over 7k for a noon kick off. That following from 6k last time and 7k the time before.  Your 5.5k at Deepdale is, I believe,  your only away sell out in 5 years!! Who's cup final? Yet when you went down you took 1800.We've never been in the prem. You won it in 95. Yet we still have much better support.  As for us only taking 1800 ? Completely filled Bolton.  You lot had either the top or bottom tier (Can't remember which buy defo only 1 tier ). You're an embarrassment of a club.  Absolute plastics

You can expect a ban for being an absolute goon. 

Be seeing you.....

47 minutes ago, Proud Preston said:

Some absolute whoppers on here. Calling it our cup final? We're far bigger than you could ever dream of being.  Over 7k for a noon kick off. That following from 6k last time and 7k the time before.  Your 5.5k at Deepdale is, I believe,  your only away sell out in 5 years!! Who's cup final? Yet when you went down you took 1800.We've never been in the prem. You won it in 95. Yet we still have much better support.  As for us only taking 1800 ? Completely filled Bolton.  You lot had either the top or bottom tier (Can't remember which buy defo only 1 tier ). You're an embarrassment of a club.  Absolute plastics

You quote attendances because the last time Preston achieved anything Queen Victoria was on the throne, and people still went about on horses and trams. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

He surely can’t persevere with Mulgrew and Rodwell as a partnership, so I can certainly see a back 3.

It's a sad indictment on Mowbray that he might have to change to a back three because he has painted himself into a corner. He can't drop the centre halves because we don't have any more and this awful situation hasn't been addressed in nearly two years and completely on Mowbrays watch. I just can't see a three at the back coping with Nobbers pace and movement. It's not being smart after the event here - many fans I speak to say a centre half should have been a priority but Mowbray saw it differently.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They are worse than Dingles these days.

That lot are in the top flight now and comfortable in their skin, so don’t need to give it the big ‘un as the facts speak for themselves. I.e. they get their 18,000 and that’s that. The days of ‘if we were int Prem we’d have to double size of t’Turf’ and all that nonsense has disappeared.

This lot however have such an inferiority complex due to having achieved the square root of fuck all in most of their fans’ lifetimes, that they have to cling to their away support at local derbies for some sort of validation.

It’s sad really.

Like I said not long ago there was c800 at an empty Turd for a Sat tea time champ fixture, shades of Middlesbrough with this lot.  Also ignoring the fact that  the two sell outs for us at their tiny hole were sold out about a week and ten days or so in advance.  There'd have been well in excess of 7k over there if they had a ground big enough.

Just now, arbitro said:

It's a sad indictment on Mowbray that he might have to change to a back three because he has painted himself into a corner. He can't drop the centre halves because we don't have any more and this awful situation hasn't been addressed in nearly two years and completely on Mowbrays watch. I just can't see a three at the back coping with Nobbers pace and movement. It's not being smart after the event here - many fans I speak to say a centre half should have been a priority but Mowbray saw it differently.

Going to a back three against this lot is suicide i'll call it now they'll pull our lead footed ball watchers all over the place it'll be embarrassing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Proud Preston said:

Your home average and away average attendances are both lower than ours this season, even though its one of your best seasons for 50 years. 

Plastic Preston. 

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 5

• Backroom

I love the fact that the lad on the last page tried to make a point but totally contradicted himself. He pointed out that they have been bringing lots of fans here which in his mind confirms that it’s our cup final!

Anyway on the game I think Brereton and Nuttall should be rewarded for their goals in the under 23’s but it would mean dropping Dack / Graham which never seems a good idea despite form.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

I love the fact that the lad on the last page tried to make a point but totally contradicted himself. He pointed out that they have been bringing lots of fans here which in his mind confirms that it’s our cup final!

Anyway on the game I think Brereton and Nuttall should be rewarded for their goals in the under 23’s but it would mean dropping Dack / Graham which never seems a good idea despite form.

I can imagine the pre match comments with 3 at the back, as has been suggested and Brereton and Nuttall up top! 

2 hours ago, Proud Preston said:

Everyone knows you are only coming to watch the ex-Premiership Champions.

31 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

7,000 away fans travelling just 8 Miles up the road and they are suddenly the biggest Club in Lancashire...

Now I know why Blackpool fans laugh at this lot!

Would anyone in their right minds say PNE are a bigger club than Bolton ?   

Yet the Pigs feet have only sold over 6k in the DE once in the last 20 years - when it was ten quid a ticket.  Even the banjo pluckers haven't actually sold out everyone of their restricted allocation tickets on a few occasions although not far off.

It means sod all except they are on a good season and just love a day out over here.

Just now, tomphil said:

Would anyone in their right minds say PNE are a bigger club than Bolton ?   

Yet the Pigs feet have only sold over 6k in the DE once in the last 20 years - when it was ten quid a ticket.  Even the banjo pluckers haven't actually sold out everyone of their restricted allocation tickets on a few occasions although not far off.

It means sod all except they are on a good season and just love a day out over here.

If you just take the Premier league era into account, Swindon are a bigger club than Preston. 

• Like 1

Nah, Bolton are bigger than Preston. Traditionally they may have been similar but the Premier League years have made Bolton bigger.

I've always looked at ourselves and Bolton as being quite similar in terms of size, crowds, recent history, although we've got the added weight of having won the league a few times. Preston are an odd case. Because they are based in a 'city' there seems to be a belief that they should be 'bigger' than the towns around them - Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, Blackpool and Burnley - yet the evidence shows that not to be the case. Actually their performance as a club over the last 30 years or so is more in keeping with Blackpool or Oldham than Rovers/Bolton.

It must be strange supporting them and approaching pension age and not be able to remember a game in the top division, all the while the clubs around you are/have enjoyed recent success up there.

• Backroom

According to Mowbray Brereton will be on the bench but Chapman won’t be involved.

Unless he’s playing games it seems odd to confirm pretty much who will be up top and give PNE more time to prepare 

Edited by Tom

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

According to Mowbray Brereton will be on the bench but Chapman won’t be involved.

Unless he’s playing games it seems odd to confirm pretty much who will be up top and give PNE more time to prepare 

I can't believe that Chapman isn't fit enough for 20-25 minutes from the bench. I do laugh when Mowbray talks about players not being fit enough, given that every week he sends out one of the unfittest teams in the Championship.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 7

Fear for Saturday is PNE with their huge following will be far more up for it than us.  Not knocking their support as some on here have as when did we last take 7,500+ away for a league game.

Mixed emotions for me this game as strong family connections with Preston.

See there's more, IMO, Mowbray drivel about Brereton in the LT:

“He’s a young boy with amazing talent, we have to be patient"

Footballers with amazing talent Mowbray command a place in the starting eleven, unsurprisingly, because of their amazing talent !!!  I think our manager is a clown and sooner he's gone the better.

• Like 2