BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

Just now, Mercer said:

Fear for Saturday is PNE with their huge following will be far more up for it than us.  Not knocking their support as some on here have as when did we last take 7,500+ away for a league game.

Mixed emotions for me this game as strong family connections with Preston.

See there's more, IMO, Mowbray drivel about Brereton in the LT:

“He’s a young boy with amazing talent, we have to be patient"

Footballers with amazing talent Mowbray command a place in the starting eleven, unsurprisingly, because of their amazing talent !!!  I think our manager is a clown and sooner he's gone the better.

Don't start Preston loving as well as Coyle loving chief !!!!

A few times over the last ten years we've sold out Bolton with a week or two to spare similar to two out of three visits to Preston, you can't sell 7500 unless that is the allocation i'm certain we'd have done that.  Nobodies knocking the numbers it's their attitude pretending they are Sunderland or something ?

We've sent plenty a full Darwen End packing time and again down the years even under Venkys so I expect our lot to be fired up tomorrow and if they go down with anything less than a fight Mr Mowbrays comfort zone won't be looking as serene over the next few weeks.

5 hours ago, Proud Preston said:

Some absolute whoppers on here. Calling it our cup final? We're far bigger than you could ever dream of being.  Over 7k for a noon kick off. That following from 6k last time and 7k the time before.  Your 5.5k at Deepdale is, I believe,  your only away sell out in 5 years!! Who's cup final? Yet when you went down you took 1800.We've never been in the prem. You won it in 95. Yet we still have much better support.  As for us only taking 1800 ? Completely filled Bolton.  You lot had either the top or bottom tier (Can't remember which buy defo only 1 tier ). You're an embarrassment of a club.  Absolute plastics

Only sell out in 5 years? What lol. I think not, We've sold out allocations many a times, including allocations down south. Please don't make things up. As for that Bolton game, there was a consensus from both sets of fans not to attend due to the £35 ticket prices, as the clubs had always had a good arrangement in place previously, and in addition it was a televised game, so made sense to boycott for a lot. Please do your research in future.

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Their allocation now increased to 7,681.

You have to say, Waggott’s 12pm strategy has worked this time. Loads of away fans turning up for the novelty.

Sadly, he doesn’t care about home advantage so this is going to be like another Ewood Park away match.

#homefansmatter

1-3

Boos around the ground.

Waggott Out

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We can’t take that to a game as we are literally the only club in England that offers that kind of allocation.

Money talks. Opportunity knocks.

I wish Waggott cared as much about filling the ground with Rovers fans as he does about filling it with Leeds, PNE and the like.

#homefansmatter

It would've happened regardless of Waggot it's the other jobsworth back slappers responsible but you'd thing the CE could overrule it and make some kind of effort to fill the place up a bit.

Mind you they get paid the same but get home a bit earlier so why should they give a toss !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Fear for Saturday is PNE with their huge following will be far more up for it than us.  Not knocking their support as some on here have as when did we last take 7,500+ away for a league game.

Mixed emotions for me this game as strong family connections with Preston.

See there's more, IMO, Mowbray drivel about Brereton in the LT:

“He’s a young boy with amazing talent, we have to be patient"

Footballers with amazing talent Mowbray command a place in the starting eleven, unsurprisingly, because of their amazing talent !!!  I think our manager is a clown and sooner he's gone the better.

Wish Mowbray would give it a rest regarding BB, the lad is 20 next month and has around 70 first team appearances under his belt with little sign of this amazing talent.

On the game, unfortunately I think Alex Neil will have the beating of TM quite easily, high tempo quick passing like deepdale and we are done for.

Rovers 1-3 PNE.

A few reasons why I won't be attending on Saturday:

1. Preston should have been limited to the allocation they gave us. That is DE lower.

2.  The game should be at 3pm. My son, who I would go with, has tennis lessons on a Saturday morning, 11-12.30. Paid for, and he loves it. 

3.  This was an ideal opportunity, after a bad month, to do a Rovers promotion, £15 any part of the ground to get bottoms on seats, open the full BE, get an atmosphere.

4.  The Waggott factor is not doing it for me. He does not have the best interests of the club at heart. He is a Venky puppet.

5.  They have made this a Nobber away fest. It's a joke.

6.  I want to come back, but I'm not paying those prices to watch a team who seem to be so unmotivated we are losing to inferior opposition.

7. The club hierarchy continue to play with the club.

8.  Lastly, I may well despair at TM's team selection.

I hope we win, in fact I'll be very happy. But I won't be there to see it. That is what still pisses me off.

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white
  • Like 2

It is March 7th , the season is drawing to a close (neither up nor down , whatever some people think )...

Yes , we are on a bad run but on Saturday we are playing Preston North End , who have amassed 4 points more than ourselves ..

After reading most comments on here anyone would think , we were playing Man City , get a grip !!!!

When you're conceding 3 goals against Rotherham then any game is tough. Until or unless we sort out the defence and learn how to keep a few clean sheets we're going to struggle to win games. Unfortunately our limitations are such that if we aim to keep a clean sheet it will probably come at the expense of any attacking play at all as we will have to adopt an ultra'-cautious approach if we're to have any hope of shutting the opposition out.

The team will show up in an organized fashion looking like they were all out on the lash the night before. Half yard off the pace all over the pitch, and we will end up taking an absolute horsing off a bang average championship side.

Mowbray out mob will be out in force.

Edited by Fraserkirky

3 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

A few reasons why I won't be attending on Saturday:

1. Preston should have been limited to the allocation they gave us. That is DE lower.

2.  The game should be at 3pm. My son, who I would go with, has tennis lessons on a Saturday morning, 11-12.30. Paid for, and he loves it. 

3.  This was an ideal opportunity, after a bad month, to do a Rovers promotion, £15 any part of the ground to get bottoms on seats, open the full BE, get an atmosphere.

4.  The Waggott factor is not doing it for me. He does not have the best interests of the club at heart. He is a Venky puppet.

5.  They have made this a Nobber away fest. It's a joke.

6.  I want to come back, but I'm not paying those prices to watch a team who seem to be so unmotivated we are losing to inferior opposition.

7. The club hierarchy continue to play with the club.

8.  Lastly, I may well despair at TM's team selection.

I hope we win, in fact I'll be very happy. But I won't be there to see it. That is what still pisses me off.

Right what are we missing.

What about the weather or being fresh for work on the monday.  Is the misses giving birth or Is it your honeymoon. You plan on breaking a long bone or staying home to prevent a potential house fire.

You don't need to justify yourself pal. You only have to have one important responsibility not to attend and you have. Hope your lad enjoys his lesson.

The rest is Just noise and doesn't seem to live up to your user name. Try I'm proud unless there is anything at all that might hinder my match day experience,  especially if we are in poor form and I have to pay. Oh and I don't like the guy upstairs. But I ain't putting money in the club which could possibly be leading to the initiative to over charge any big away followings.

Got quite a nice ring to it I think.

I ain't going either. ?

8 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

It is March 7th , the season is drawing to a close (neither up nor down , whatever some people think )...

Yes , we are on a bad run but on Saturday we are playing Preston North End , who have amassed 4 points more than ourselves ..

After reading most comments on here anyone would think , we were playing Man City , get a grip !!!!

Have you seen our defence recently? We aren't playing Man City, PNE are playing a pub team. 

Edited by blueboy3333

7 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

They were 11 or so points behind us not that long ago,  how many were they behind just before they bent us over 4-1?

Anyway that's history,  we are due a good one.

3-1 to Rovers.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tom said:

According to Mowbray Brereton will be on the bench but Chapman won’t be involved.

Unless he’s playing games it seems odd to confirm pretty much who will be up top and give PNE more time to prepare 

I thought it was a bit odd myself, but really is suppose it was aways going to be Graham wasn't it? 

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

They were 11 or so points behind us not that long ago,  how many were they behind just before they bent us over 4-1?

Anyway that's history,  we are due a good one.

3-1 to Rovers.

It would be nice if this was the one in 5 or 6 where they are all on the same wavelength as each other and the manager, if so we'll more than make a game of it but snooze and you'll lose against this lot they aren't great but are a good championship side these days.

As a club and fans they're tinpot as we know but as a team they're a benchmark we should easily get up to next season or pass with the backing and infrastructure we have. Oh and do we need to mention wage budgets etc ?

I wonder when was the last time PNE committed to a 7 million deal for a player who wasn't ready to hold down a first team slot ?   Doesn't seem to do them any harm not being able to do that !

• Like 1

I see that Raya's starting place is being considered and I think that is about time. He is only 23 years old which is quit young for a goalkeeper, and I have no doubt that he will be a very good goalkeeper in the future. But he needs to be much better on his decision making. For next season I hope that we sign a experienced keeper that Raya will have to compete with and learn from. I also think that losing his place in the team will only make him better.

29 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It would be nice if this was the one in 5 or 6 where they are all on the same wavelength as each other and the manager, if so we'll more than make a game of it but snooze and you'll lose against this lot they aren't great but are a good championship side these days.

As a club and fans they're tinpot as we know but as a team they're a benchmark we should easily get up to next season or pass with the backing and infrastructure we have. Oh and do we need to mention wage budgets etc ?

I wonder when was the last time PNE committed to a 7 million deal for a player who wasn't ready to hold down a first team slot ?   Doesn't seem to do them any harm not being able to do that !

First goal is very important.  Preston get it early and we could be in for a difficult day.  It's essential Mowbray sends us out on the front foot and we go for it. Then fingers crossed as far as defending is concerned. I hope the lambs heads are OK for heading... Hmmmm

I feel OK about this game and just think we may show up big time, hence 3-1 to us. 

PNE spending £ 7 million? not even over a 5 year cycle never mind on 1 apprentice.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Swanson said:

I see that Raya's starting place is being considered and I think that is about time. He is only 23 years old which is quit young for a goalkeeper, and I have no doubt that he will be a very good goalkeeper in the future. But he needs to be much better on his decision making. For next season I hope that we sign a experienced keeper that Raya will have to compete with and learn from. I also think that losing his place in the team will only make him better.

Raya has improved in dealing with crosses,  catching more than punching. He is still prone to deflect the ball back into play which is always likely to give attackers the advantage. 

He is a good reaction shot stopper though but like many suspect with a bouncing shot or curler. 

His kicking of a drop ball is frankly pathetic and basic decision making suspect.

IF he had a proper professional ex goalie coach it would assist his development.  The make do approach to his coaching is doing Raya no favours. Such coaching would cure him of going walk about but that problem is also indicative of a lack of communication throughout our defence. 

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

If we get turned over relatively easily tomorrow then heads need to roll.

Yep, all eyes on the keeper and defence but does apply to all.

Any player putting in another limp performance should be hooked and replaced for the Wigan game.

It should give opportunity to Rothwell (should be starting tomorrow anyway imo) and a couple of others, but if we also need to dip in to the U23's for the likes of Magloire/Buckley, so be it.

Crying shame that we don't have Wharton and Downing to call upon!

• Like 2

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17485424.rovers-boss-there-can-be-no-complaints-if-i-make-changes/

God almighty I hope this doesn't mean Williams could replace Mulgrew. The thoughts of Williams and Rodwell makes me very, very scared. 

Saturdays team could be very interesting. 

I'm not going to make it over unfortunately, but Ifollow is set and ready to go. 12 o clock kick off is a nice start to the day