BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

35 minutes ago, Tom said:

Imagine one of the changes will be Conway in rather than Brereton or Rothwell 

If thats the case then i'd call for Mowbrays immediate dismissal. No way that Conway should still be starting games for us.

Lets hope thats not what he does.

Edited by BlackburnEnd75
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

A few reasons why I won't be attending on Saturday:

1. Preston should have been limited to the allocation they gave us. That is DE lower.    

2.  The game should be at 3pm. My son, who I would go with, has tennis lessons on a Saturday morning, 11-12.30. Paid for, and he loves it. 

3.  This was an ideal opportunity, after a bad month, to do a Rovers promotion, £15 any part of the ground to get bottoms on seats, open the full BE, get an atmosphere.

4.  The Waggott factor is not doing it for me. He does not have the best interests of the club at heart. He is a Venky puppet.

5.  They have made this a Nobber away fest. It's a joke.

6.  I want to come back, but I'm not paying those prices to watch a team who seem to be so unmotivated we are losing to inferior opposition.

7. The club hierarchy continue to play with the club.

8.  Lastly, I may well despair at TM's team selection.

I hope we win, in fact I'll be very happy. But I won't be there to see it. That is what still pisses me off.

1. Disagree

2. Stupid KO time. Agree

3 Agree

4. Unsure

5. Disagree

6 Disagree. They can play well for 85 minutes then commit hari-kari for the last 5. That not lack of motivation. The motivation and effort has generally been there.

7. Agree. If that has been your stance all along then nothing has changed.

8. That is, dare I say it, a little bit plastic as a reason for not attending. But I get your bundling it in with numerous other issues.

Edited by Hasta

I'm not as doom and gloom as some.

At home, we have been well in the game against both Bristol City and Norwich. We beat Hull and West From. All performances which have happened whilst we've become a comedy act on the road. 

Middlesboro was awful first half but generally at home we've been in games and on top in games. We may lose by the odd goal but I'm hopeful of a result.

I don't get how Chapman still can't be ready for 20 minutes if required.

Edited by Hasta

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I'm not as doom and gloom as some.

At home, we have been well in the game against both Bristol City and Norwich. We beat Hull and West From. All performances which have happened whilst we've become a comedy act on the road. 

Middlesboro was awful first half but generally at home we've been in games and on top in games. We may lose by the odd goal but I'm hopeful of a result.

I don't get how Chapman still can't be ready for 20 minutes if required.

We simply should not be signing footballers who aren't physically fit to give us 90 minutes.

I think the Chapman situation borders on farcical.  This is a player who was fit enough to turn out for Middlesbrough (and Pulis is a stickler for fitness and discipline) in a Jan. FA Cup tie and has now had almost six weeks with Rovers (effectively a pre season!) yet Mowbray doesn't think he's ready!  It's not as though we are a team of supreme athletes who run the opposition into the ground every game.  I think it's just more b 0 l l 0 c k s from Mowbray and IMO, his management of Brereton and Chapman is beyond rational explanation and offers further evidence as to why he is not the man for Rovers.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

A few reasons why I won't be attending on Saturday:

1. Preston should have been limited to the allocation they gave us. That is DE lower.

2.  The game should be at 3pm. My son, who I would go with, has tennis lessons on a Saturday morning, 11-12.30. Paid for, and he loves it. 

3.  This was an ideal opportunity, after a bad month, to do a Rovers promotion, £15 any part of the ground to get bottoms on seats, open the full BE, get an atmosphere.

4.  The Waggott factor is not doing it for me. He does not have the best interests of the club at heart. He is a Venky puppet.

5.  They have made this a Nobber away fest. It's a joke.

6.  I want to come back, but I'm not paying those prices to watch a team who seem to be so unmotivated we are losing to inferior opposition.

7. The club hierarchy continue to play with the club.

8.  Lastly, I may well despair at TM's team selection.

I hope we win, in fact I'll be very happy. But I won't be there to see it. That is what still pisses me off.

And you’re very much entitled to your opinion, the reason I will be there  is slightly different.

1..  I’m a Rovers supporter,thick/thin.

• Like 2

Is anyone able to help... Been told conflicting reports that 'The Postal Order' is open from 9am but PNEPolice saying it is open from 10am. Anyone who works there or knows someone who does know which time it is open? Also where is the best place to park either near the pub or the ground?

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Nobbers123 said:

Is anyone able to help... Been told conflicting reports that 'The Postal Order' is open from 9am but PNEPolice saying it is open from 10am. Anyone who works there or knows someone who does know which time it is open? Also where is the best place to park either near the pub or the ground?

It's a Wetherspoons, so I'd imagine 9am was correct. I believe they serve beer from that time as well. 

I wouldn't go in wearing team colours though.....

Just now, Nobbers123 said:

I don't know the answer but would suspect the place opens at 9am for breakfast etc. however will only serve ale from 10am.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17485120.rovers-boss-considers-rayas-position-after-sticky-patch/

Classic Mowbray. Hammer the lad in public before a game - and then he’ll still play him.

Why? Because he’s undroppable with our number two being an impersonator and our best third choice is out on loan.

Similar story with our defence.

Edited by Stuart

• Moderation Lead
32 minutes ago, Nobbers123 said:

Cheers guys, I'm looking for somewhere for breakfast so hopefully it's open from 9am and can eat before it gets busy. I had been told it's an away fans pub so was going to wear my white top. I'll just have to zip my jacket up if not ?

I know the one in Accy serves booze from 9am usually (including on derby days), I can't be certain about the one in Blackburn, though....

Just now, Stuart said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17485120.rovers-boss-considers-rayas-position-after-sticky-patch/

Classic Mowbray. Hammer the lad in public before a game - and then he’ll still play him.

Why? Because he’s unstoppable with our number two being an impersonator and our best third choice is out on loan.

Similar story with our defence.

Made me laugh,  so true ?

1 hour ago, unsall said:

And you’re very much entitled to your opinion, the reason I will be there  is slightly different.

Even though i didnt agree with some of the post you quoted, is there any need for such an ignorant reply?

I am going as per usual tomorrow, but I have empathy for those who cant. I dont agree with his points about team selection etc I must admit. The main valid point was that his son has a tennis lesson and therefore he will be unable to attend Rovers. Hes far from the only one in such a situation, Ive seen many people mention other committments, work, kids, doing sports either themselves or for their kids, and this needless decision at best gives them a decison to make. Yes theyve had notice but some people will be unable to stop their other committments, and some less obliged to go "through thick and thin" will choose whatever else they have on, and you can either look down your nose at that or realise its only to the clubs detriment based on Waggotts decision.

If the game was moved for TV ie out of the clubs hands, then fair enough. As it was, the club moved it for valid reasons yet to come to light, blamed it on the police making the decision and when it became clear that wasnt the case, released a phoney statement still not addressing why it had to be moved.

The point about pricing is very fair too. I noticed that Wigan have had a game against Norwich moved which is out of their control. They have responded with a deal, £15 tickets no strings attached and unbelievably under 18s for free. Superb deal.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Nobbers123 said:

Similar to Deepdale there is no best place to park.

Looking over the last 5 games form table North End are 2nd Rovers are bottom. Using BRFCS logic it's got to be a nailed on Rovers win.

Early kick off, bad form, good away following, grumblings around the manager, North End fancying themselves, all point to an "upset".

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

Looking over the last 5 games form table North End are 2nd Rovers are bottom. Using BRFCS logic it's got to be a nailed on Rovers win.

Early kick off, bad form, good away following, grumblings around the manager, North End fancying themselves, all point to an "upset".

ssshhhhh, don't tell them 

2 hours ago, unsall said:

So am I and I could probably give you a run for your money in the thick and thin stakes but I can't go tomorrow and made the decision a few years ago with this and Leeds that I won't be jerked about by kick off times when it isn't on TV because that tends to happen enough in a season anyway.

You might want to take into account that thick and thin refers to supporting the team on the pitch good or bad and NOT the whims of half arsed suited muppets who get paid to attend these games whatever happens !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

We simply should not be signing footballers who aren't physically fit to give us 90 minutes.

I think the Chapman situation borders on farcical.  This is a player who was fit enough to turn out for Middlesbrough (and Pulis is a stickler for fitness and discipline) in a Jan. FA Cup tie and has now had almost six weeks with Rovers (effectively a pre season!) yet Mowbray doesn't think he's ready!  It's not as though we are a team of supreme athletes who run the opposition into the ground every game.  I think it's just more b 0 l l 0 c k s from Mowbray and IMO, his management of Brereton and Chapman is beyond rational explanation and offers further evidence as to why he is not the man for Rovers.

So who's going to win tomorrow and what bets have you put on? ?

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Even though i didnt agree with some of the post you quoted, is there any need for such an ignorant reply?

I am going as per usual tomorrow, but I have empathy for those who cant. I dont agree with his points about team selection etc I must admit. The main valid point was that his son has a tennis lesson and therefore he will be unable to attend Rovers. Hes far from the only one in such a situation, Ive seen many people mention other committments, work, kids, doing sports either themselves or for their kids, and this needless decision at best gives them a decison to make. Yes theyve had notice but some people will be unable to stop their other committments, and some less obliged to go "through thick and thin" will choose whatever else they have on, and you can either look down your nose at that or realise its only to the clubs detriment based on Waggotts decision.

If the game was moved for TV ie out of the clubs hands, then fair enough. As it was, the club moved it for valid reasons yet to come to light, blamed it on the police making the decision and when it became clear that wasnt the case, released a phoney statement still not addressing why it had to be moved.

The point about pricing is very fair too. I noticed that Wigan have had a game against Norwich moved which is out of their control. They have responded with a deal, £15 tickets no strings attached and unbelievably under 18s for free. Superb deal.

Why is it ignorant? Just saying I want to go and watch the game regardless, when I started watching Rovers it didn’t depend on the k/o moving, giving the away side all the Darwen end, and definitely not on the managers selection etc,and that’s still the case.

Respect others only  going when it’s all going nice, but you have to back them when it gets tough, and we’ve certainly had a few worse times than this season.

But everyone has their own opinion, and if they don’t want to go,fair enough, but those who go regardless should be respected as well.

• Like 2