BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

48 minutes ago, martonrover said:

So who's going to win tomorrow and what bets have you put on? ?

You would think the Preston win is a licence to print money!  

However, we know all about the vagaries of football!  Therefore gone for Rovers' win at 19/10 with a 3-2 score at 37/1.

Looking forward to this one and a cracking atmosphere - it will be nice to see Ewood with approaching  20,000 on again.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mercer said:

However, we know all about the vagaries of football!  Therefore gone for Rovers' win at 19/10 with a 3-2 score at 37/1.

Looking forward to this one and a cracking atmosphere - it will be nice to see Ewood with approaching  20,000 on again.  

Should be over 20000 if 7600 of that lot. Be very disappointed if not.

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

"Weeing with the Willy we have"

Can't get that infamous Souness quote out of my head atm with our present Squad of incumbents....and its nowt to brag about either!

Come up with a league one team and finish safe in the championship is a reasonable success. However the £6m on Brereton changes it unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I reckon we should go with Bennett and Smallwood in the middle tomorrow. Get stuck in 

Hope not. Reed, Travis and Evans are all better than them 2.

52 minutes ago, unsall said:

Why is it ignorant? Just saying I want to go and watch the game regardless, when I started watching Rovers it didn’t depend on the k/o moving, giving the away side all the Darwen end, and definitely not on the managers selection etc,and that’s still the case.

Respect others only  going when it’s all going nice, but you have to back them when it gets tough, and we’ve certainly had a few worse times than this season.

But everyone has their own opinion, and if they don’t want to go,fair enough, but those who go regardless should be respected as well.

Some people CANT go because of the needless kick off time which you havent justified and neither has the club. Its not that they are saying "nah dont fancy a 12 o clock kick off" they cant go.

And some people dont go through thick and thin, they go when it suits them like any other club. I will be going like you but we stick our noses up at these people at our peril.

• Like 3

Good to see that they’ve explained the ‘plastics’ tag now.

Its because there were Rovers fans ‘south of the Ribble’ in the 90s

Only flaw with that is that there has been a substantial support for Rovers in places like Bamber Bridge, Leyland, Chorley etc going back many decades, way before the 90s- as a few of our ‘mature’ posters on here can testify to.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Good to see that they’ve explained the ‘plastics’ tag now.

Its because there were Rovers fans ‘south of the Ribble’ in the 90s

Only flaw with that is that there has been a substantial support for Rovers in places like Bamber Bridge, Leyland, Chorley etc going back many decades, way before the 90s- as a few of our ‘mature’ posters on here can testify to.

I think you could be right there. I run some Schools Football in South Ribble and there's a lot of rovers fans in the area I've noticed over the years..not as many pne as you might imagine 

1 hour ago, old darwen blue said:

“It is because they are a cheap, relatively modern invention that is prone to being brittle and melting when a bit of heat is applied.”

We were formed five years before them the thick 

c***!

That’s a bit of a contrived definition, in my view.

Plastic just means fake.

PNE, like us, wishes they had plastic fans. It’s the only way any of us will fill our grounds.

15 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

I agree about our defence but this is the Championship , owt can happen !

Nit when it's Blackburn, Groundhog Day, Rovers.  Where we do give away specials. For the opposition  stay within 2 or 3 cos we do last 10 minute goal give aways, no purchase needed.  It really has all become quite predictable.  How many points dropped from winning positions?  Dreading it and it really should not be that way.  Going to Eureka Springs Arkansas for the weekend maybe I should just hit the road sooner so I don't have to deal with the imminent disappointment.

8 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I know the one in Accy serves booze from 9am usually (including on derby days), I can't be certain about the one in Blackburn, though....

Boy where was that when I lived in Accy.  We had to go the mate's flat at 8 to get started, if we actually saved any from neet afore.

6 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

"Weeing with the Willy we have"

Can't get that infamous Souness quote out of my head atm with our present Squad of incumbents....and its nowt to brag about either!

Wish we had THAT willie now, don't you?

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Another loss confirmed now then

How Mowbray can talk about others going through sticky patches and not place his name promptly at the top of that list is yet another reason I want him gone. Man has no accountability.

Tomorrow is without doubt his last, last chance for me and after reading this board and talking to many fans over the last few weeks it now wouldn't surprise me if about a 1/3 of the fan group will be feeling the same if tomorrow goes badly. "You don't know what your doing", booing substitutions and the like.

Being embarrassed away to Rotherham is one thing, being embarrassed (again) verses PNE, and at home this time, culminating in a 10th defeat in 15 matches is not acceptable at any level, for any manager... especially one stuck in groundhog day, who can't/won't take any ounce of blame.

Believe it or not in genuinely do hope I'm wrong, but this appears to only be going in one (downward) direction, I'm almost sure of that.

0-3, 1-3 or 1-4 and a truly miserable day all round.

Edited by Angry_Pirate

3 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

How Mowbray can talk about others going through sticky patches and not place his name promptly at the top of that list is yet another reason I want him gone. Man has no accountability.

Tomorrow is without doubt his last, last chance for me and after reading this board and talking to many fans over the last few weeks it now wouldn't surprise me if about a 1/3 of the fan group will be feeling the same if tomorrow goes badly. "You don't know what your doing", booing substitutions and the like.

Being embarrassed away to Rotherham is one thing, being embarrassed (again) verses PNE, and at home this time, culminating in a 10th defeat in 15 matches is not acceptable at any level, for any manager... especially one stuck in groundhog day, who can't/won't take any ounce of blame.

Believe it or not in genuinely do hope I'm wrong, but this appears to only be going in one (downward) direction, I'm almost sure of that.

0-3, 1-3 or 1-4 and a truly miserable day all round.

I agree and I consider myself a Mowbray guy, a lose tomorrow and he is trouble. 

I think Mowbrays recent public flogging of the players is just to give them a kick up the backside, as opposed to dropping any of them.

I expect the usual suspects to line up, we just need to see if they put in another limp performance. 

With our current abysmal run, I think Preston will beat us, probably with a flurry of goals from the 75mins mark as we collapse Rovers style.

On 07/03/2019 at 12:32, Proud Preston said:

You'll see a big club on Sat.  

Really. 

I’m curious what exactly defines pne as a big club in your eyes?

Is it honours? 4 major trophies the last of which you would have to be of an age where you lived through World War Two to witness it.

Is it fan base? Because lurching from 4,000-10,000 home gates pretty much throughout the clubs history doesn’t seem anything to shout about http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/pne.htm

History perhaps? Founder members of the football league but still new comers by comparison.

Or maybe we should define a big club to be a large one off away following for game 15 miles away in your best season for a generation.

Edited by matt83
  • Like 3

• Backroom
25 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I’ll add the caveat I know lots of pne fan all of whom are realistic and have decent grasp on football realities. But reading the visitor here you’d think they were all drongos

Par for the course 

Remember last season when rovers fans were an embarrassment on that Shrewsbury forum 

On 07/03/2019 at 12:32, Proud Preston said:

Only us and Leeds will take that to ewood this season.  You lot seem to think we see you as a bigger club.  We don't.  You aren't.  You'll see a big club on Sat.  

Oh Ben Pearson is suspended too so the Blackburn Messi might get a kick this time

You don’t because you completely ignore the evidence.

teams with most success over the decades. Rovers finish 7th.

premiership points collected since its inception. Rovers 11th

most successful teams in terms of trophies. Rovers 11th

most successful small town club( independent article) Blackburn rovers.

one of only a handful of premiership winners. Blackburn rovers.

number of games cup semi finals appeared in 18. 20 if you count Blackburn Olympic.

Longest number of consecutive fa  cup games won 24 still a record Blackburn rovers.

carling cup 

when points are awarded for wetting into the last 32. Blackburn 15th most successful with 119 points Preston have 22 and I hadn’t the time to count their position it was so low.

one of only 3 teams to be founder members of the football league and premiership. Blackburn rovers

average home attendance this season rovers win

average away following this season

rovers1100

preston 700

where have these other 6300 come from. Maybe they’ve just come to see the rovers 

• Like 3

Just now, Boroblue said:

number of games cup semi finals appeared in 18. 20 if you count Blackburn Olympic.

Longest number of consecutive fa  cup games won 24 still a record Blackburn rovers.

carling cup 

when points are awarded for wetting into the last 32. Blackburn 15th most successful with 119 points Preston have 22 and I hadn’t the time to count their position it was so low.

one of only 3 teams to be founder members of the football league and premiership. Blackburn rovers

rovers1100

preston 700

where have these other 6300 come from. Maybe they’ve just come to see the rovers 

Wasting your time - that deluded lot don't deal in facts. They keep going on about their away support but as you point out it is much lower than ours on average this season. They only got 7k here because we're 'able' to sell it to them, we sold out their place and they could not or would not accommodate any more of us. Bout time they followed their club further than 15 miles - and they call us plastics? They come out in force for one game per season, their FA Cup final.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

carling cup 

rovers1100

preston 700

Are we not also the only club to win a major trophy in 3 different centuries. 

I genuinely don’t think rovers are anywhere near a big club (I quite like the small club bloodying the nose of the big boys mantra) but having pne fans thinking they’re remotely similar or bigger is laughable