BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

At home against an awful side and we have a midfield 4 of reed Smallwood Evans and bennett. 

That's fecking boring and dour. 

I'd rather see our U23 side. At least they're entertaining. 

Not sure Mowbray will ever excite us. 

• Like 2

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Not a lot but I wanted to know from people who are actually watching it

Mulgrew, Bennett, Williams, Evans and Smallwood, playing like league 1 players. Dack invisible, armstrong runs, runs, runs and then nothing, Reed doesn't look interested, probably about sums it up for me mate.

• Backroom
Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

The big problem with Tony is good or bad results, championship or league 1, he's never been convincing.

Yep, I've said quite a few times before but even though we technically romped League 1 last season it didn't seem that way. Almost every game seemed like a chore and a battle, even against very poor teams at the bottom of the table. We seem to set up every match to allow the opposition to get into the game, rather than asserting our authority on them. It's incredibly frustrating.

• Like 4

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Tony said in the LT today we'd had 2 years of entertaining football under him. 

He's clearly been on the whacky backy during games then, the only game under his stewardship were i've thought, you know what we played some good stuff today and should have won by a lot more, was the hull game at ewood, apart from that, rubbish.

I like tony but this is beyond parody now and I’m starting to think he’s lost the players.

Think the venkys will be making a managerial decision sooner rather than later. Time to unleash their blind dart throwing monkey. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Yep, I've said quite a few times before but even though we technically romped League 1 last season it didn't seem that way. Almost every game seemed like a chore and a battle, even against very poor teams at the bottom of the table. We seem to set up every match to allow the opposition to get into the game, rather than asserting our authority on them. It's incredibly frustrating.

This season we haven't spanked anyone either, except for Hull, which is looking a total fluke in retrospect. Meanwhile, plenty of teams have done us over.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Not a lot but I wanted to know from people who are actually watching it

We’ve been awful mate, started well but one attack and one goal and that’s it just back to Raya constantly now 

Just now, Reedy You're A Star said:

Wish Bennett would stop trying to hit 25 yarders and muffing it out for a goal kick!

Awful footballer, never understood the lovin for him.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Rothwell, Brereton and Travis on please I don’t care who comes off as long as it’s not Nyambe.

Still not sure how Chapman can play 90 minutes but still not make the bench 

• Backroom
Just now, Amo said:

This season we haven't spanked anyone either, except for Hull, which is looking a total fluke in retrospect. Meanwhile, plenty of teams have done us over.

Yeah, last season nobody really turned us over so you could excuse the functional method of getting results. Hard to say it's wrong when we're winning most of our matches and not getting thumped by anybody. This season we haven't had too many savagings results wise, but there have been a lot of games where we could have been properly turned over. Derby away comes to mind immediately. Whatever Tony is doing isn't working at this level and I'm not convinced bringing in better players (if he's even capable of doing that) will solve our problems. It's not like we dominated teams last season despite having vastly superior players - so just bringing in competitive players isn't going to be enough to get us to where we need to be with Mowbray in charge.