BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

Embarrassing supporting this team again, absolutely no further forward from coyle, mowbray should’ve been canned last season, now he should walk because I fear he has positioned himself into a job for life here. Very uncomfortable with the situation. Cmon venkys right some wrongs 

• Like 1

No excuses. Rovers look a jaded, unorganised outfit with no direction other than downwards. Mowbray has clearly lost it and doesn't look capable of arresting the slump. 

Whether our friends in Pune know or care enough to pull the trigger is anyone's guess.

Last 22 games.

Played 22, Won 6 Drawn 5, Lost 11, Scored 31, Conceded 39, GD -8. Average points per game 1.04 (over a season that equates to 48 points i.e. relegation). So yes we are well and truly in relegation form, over the last 22, not just the last few games.

• Like 2

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Embarrassing supporting this team again, absolutely no further forward from coyle, mowbray should’ve been canned last season, now he should walk because I fear he has positioned himself into a job for life here. Very uncomfortable with the situation. Cmon venkys right some wrongs 

Mowbray should have been canned last season?

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

While now is time to go, I think canning him last season would have been a tad harsh

• Like 1

This is all going a bit Gary Bowyer. Harmless blokes at the helm taken the club as far as they could yet with the venkys no one has any faith in a competent decision. With Bowyer it dragged on and I started to really dislike him I hope this doesn’t drag on in the same vein. 

• Like 6

Just now, CD_93 said:

Mowbray should have been canned last season?

Absolutely, dire football, poor tactics, shoehorning signings into unnatural positions, when on top tovwin the title throwing it away. If you think the signs have only been the last 22 games then your blinkered, been there for seasons. Crap manager

• Backroom

The fact Mowbray ripped into half the team after the last match, in particular the goalie, then picked almost all of them again says it all. Gutless. We need somebody with far more courage at the helm, not a manager who by his own admission essentially lets the players manage themselves. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If any absolute throbber says ‘it’s one of those frustrating days’, when it happens time and again, it’s time to look in the mirror...

Facilitating debate nicely there Kenny.

You wonder why you all get an echo chamber on here? Patting yourselves in the back for giving the manager till the summer.

Seems that tide has turned and the masks are now off.

Anyway that was proper wank.

See you at Hillsborough.

Just now, DE. said:

The fact Mowbray ripped into half the team after the last match, in particular the goalie, then picked almost all of them again says it all. Gutless. We need somebody with far more courage at the helm, not a manager who by his own admission essentially lets the players manage themselves. 

Exactly. Today's line up was pathetic. Its a Derby game with both sides having little to play for. Yet Mowbray plays it safe and predictable. So sick if it now. Completely lost faith in him. 

He won't get us promoted. Ever. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Disappointing but predictable. The wheels have well and truly come off. Thing is I think these players could do better despite the holes in the squad. However with current management and tactics we are a certainty to go down next season. Get the players performing better - not seen it yet. Buy better players - 3 or 4 successes in a dozen transfers suggest otherwise. TM has to go not because of this season but to ensure next is not a disaster. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No defenders or anyone capable of putting a cross in. 7 million player on the bench. 

Tony has made a right mess 

It's really hard to argue with this. He's brought some talented players in like Rothwell, Reed, Armstrong and Dack, and got some good young players coming through like Lenihan, Nyambe and Travis. But he hasn't got the right balance in the squad at all, nor found an effective way to stabalise the side and get them to play together well, except for one great month in January, and in spots before Christmas.

Essentially he's violated the old adage "build from the back". We're  absolutely shambolic across the back line, and if that is the case how can the team progress.  Lenihan is our only solid defender - every single other defender (and there are only four of them in the squad) have very significant weaknesses. 

It shows how one or two bad decisions can really snowball. Pushing Downing out on loan and blowing the budget on Brereton instead of splitting it and bringing in a top defender, have been shown to be catastrophic, and now seem certain to cost him his job.

Edit - What I genuinely can't understand is why, when we are having a full blown defensive crisis, we haven't recalled at least one (arguably two) of Downing, Hart or Wharton? 

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Exactly. Today's line up was pathetic. Its a Derby game with both sides having little to play for. Yet Mowbray plays it safe and predictable. So suck if it now. Completely lost faith in him. 

He won't get us promoted. Ever. 

I think Preston manager will dispute they have nothing to play for, he's going for the play-offs, pretty straight forward 3 points for them today

by the sound of things.

If only Mowbray had the same attitude as Neil.