BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

18 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

What they had was that nastiness to win at all costs. Unfortunately our great saviour doesn't have that. End of the day no one cares how you win. Just that you win.

If Rovers had been 1-0 and wasting time I would have applauded them for it. You don't get paid stupid money to be nice and you don't charge supporters an entry fee to watch manners and class. 

It wasn’t just the time wasting though. From recollection:

- Nuttall taking the ball fairly off a PNE defender and being through, before the ref blew up

-The goal that was disallowed after a fair challenge 

-Armstrong clearly being obstructed down the wing during the last 10 minutes- how the linesman didn’t see that right in front of him  

That was just a handful too in the second half. What ever happened at half time with ref has changed the course of the game. He blew for nothing in the first half. 

To show I’m being completely unbiased, the PNE player’s red was over the top too. 

Edited by scotchrover

29 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Edit - What I genuinely can't understand is why, when we are having a full blown defensive crisis, we haven't recalled at least one (arguably two) of Downing, Hart or Wharton? 

We can't recall Downing according to the LT. He's gone, out of contract in summer and not coming back because we didn't put a recall clause in his loan agreement. 

Hart is just a very average left-back, even worse than Bell and Williams.

No idea what happened with Wharton but he obviously hasn't progressed like he should if he's in League 2. Maybe there's time for him to develop yet.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

they can sack the deluded idiot who is in charge now

While i dont like the word idiot i got to admit there is some substance here as i think Tony as lost it ..Goalkeeper just stops the ball going in between the white sticks ,defenders defend ,centre backs head the ball away ,midfielders pass the ball ,strikers just score goals ..Simple Tony start with that and let the opposition worry about your team

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

I'm not sure he has lost the plot per se, he's just put himself in a position where he does not have the right players to staff a functional defence. I'd say everything flows from that really. If the defence was solid we would be better going forward also as the midfielders would feel more at liberty to push up. Indeed the defence could push further up too. As it is a simple ball up the middle undoes us.

Could Mowbray turn it around? Not sure. Has he ever led a team with a solid defence? A strange consideration as in his career he was as a decent centreback. But it does seem a weakness of his sides. 

Whether it's Mowbray in charge or someone else I'd argue we need to sign an entire back four in the summer. If we can hold onto Lenihan great, but I suspect he might be bought. Nyambe I am on the fence on, but think he could progress in a more stable defence. Mulgrew's way too slow and weak in the air, ditto for Williams and Rodwell, and Bell has the attributes to be a decent left back but he seems to make bizarre decisions. 

I'd argue the bad defending comes in part because we're so poor going forward. The opposition are rarely occupied by our good play. And if you have the ball the opposition can't score. Not that I disagree that our defensive game and personnel need upping whatsoever! 

Agree with assessment of our defenders although am perhaps a bit more favourable to Nayambe. Bell may well be better further forward up the pitch. 

I think the main thing for me is what evidence is there TM can turn it round? And I'm struggling for answers there. 

Just now, den9112 said:

While i dont like the word idiot i got to admit there is some substance here as i think Tony as lost it ..Goalkeeper just stops the ball going in between the white sticks ,defenders defend ,centre backs head the ball away ,midfielders pass the ball ,strikers just score goals ..Simple Tony start with that and let the opposition worry about your team

Probably not the right word but I can't stand to listen to his ramblings. They have no basis in fact. I do genuinely think he isn't very bright though. 

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 1

It's fair to say I completely lost my rag today when Evans went AWOL, Bennett went AWOL, and Williams came over to deal with it and got skinned for their goal. Yet another goal conceded inside 10 mins and I think in the last 3 games we've been trailing inside 20 mins.

After that, an absolute shambles, players swapping about from one side of the pitch to the other every 5 minutes.  No changes at HT after one of the worst halves I've ever seen. No one left on the half way line for opposition corners with us one down at home. For me the manager has completely lost the plot.

This side is rotten to the core. Sack Mowbray before the day is out, rip up the contracts of Williams, Evans, Bennett, and Conway, bring Damien Johnson in, and promote some young lads who might actually wear the shirt with pride, show some enthusiasm and put a shift in.

# Fuming.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Bowyer was far better than Mowbray. He kept us up for a start and had two top 10 finishes. He never had £7m to spend on a reserve either . If they can sack Bowyer they can sack the deluded idiot who is in charge now. 

To be fair, Boywer inherited a stronger side than Mowbray. He also had 40 goals worth of talent up front. Top 10 was less than expected.

• Like 1

Just now, Amo said:

To be fair, Boywer inherited a stronger side than Mowbray. He also had 40 goals worth of talent up front. Top 10 was less than expected.

Not a lot in it. What Bowyer did was recruit very well on a tight budget. A lot less than £7m. Probably not much more than the price of an Armstrong in the whole he was here. 

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We appear to be in freefall...we seem to have lost all belief.

Something has happened behind the scenes we're not being told about.

Well if I was a player and I saw a young lad being brought in on a good wedge who doesn't exactly contribute anything I might be feeling like downing tools. Having said that I'd have kicked my granny to win a friendly so downing tools wasn't exactly  my style.

Any other club he'd be gone tonight. Can we reinstate the poll our shall we wait whilst we're in the bottom 3.

• Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well if I was a player and I saw a young lad being brought in on a good wedge who doesn't exactly contribute anything I might be feeling like downing tools. Having said that I'd have kicked my granny to win a friendly so downing tools wasn't exactly  my style.

Any other club he'd be gone tonight. Can we reinstate the poll our shall we wait whilst we're in the bottom 3.

Anyone cam change their vote. The poll is still open

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We appear to be in freefall...we seem to have lost all belief.

Something has happened behind the scenes we're not being told about.

Yep, there's something amiss that's for sure. It's not normal for a club that was riding high to fall apart like this. 

Where is the catalyst for change though? Who holds the levers of power when hard decisions have to be made ? 

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My point being Tyrone is that at around New year this side was brimming with confidence and looking at top six possibly....I CANT explain what the hell has happened to this side.

Baffled.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

- Nuttall taking the ball fairly off a PNE defender and being through, before the ref blew up

-Armstrong clearly being obstructed down the wing during the last 10 minutes- how the linesman didn’t see that right in front of him  

That was just a handful too in the second half. What ever happened at half time with ref has changed the course of the game. He blew for nothing in the first half. 

To show I’m being completely unbiased, the PNE player’s red was over the top too. 

Mowbray changed the course of the game. Stop looking for excuses.

We barely create chances but we concede most of the few the opposition create.

This has been going on all season and Mowbray has no idea what to do to change it. He couldn’t stop the rot that Coyle started and now he can’t stop the one of his own making.

He didn’t think we needed defenders in January and even got rid of the one spare one that we had.

1 point out of 21...

• Like 3

Just now, Stuart said:

Mowbray changed the course of the game. Stop looking for excuses.

We barely create chances but we concede most of the few the opposition create.

This has been going on all season and Mowbray has no idea what to do to change it. He couldn’t stop the rot that Coyle started and now he can’t stop the one of his own making.

He didn’t think we needed defenders in January and even got rid of the one spare one that we had.

1 point out of 21...

You’re not telling me the ref had an impact on that game though? He was absolutely appalling today. 

18 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

We can't recall Downing according to the LT. He's gone, out of contract in summer and not coming back because we didn't put a recall clause in his loan agreement. 

Hart is just a very average left-back, even worse than Bell and Williams.

No idea what happened with Wharton but he obviously hasn't progressed like he should if he's in League 2. Maybe there's time for him to develop yet.

You can only put a recall clause in a full season loan and you can only recall in a transfare window

"The referee blows the full time whistle and turns to applaud the 7,500 travelling fans."

The "fouls" against Reed, Nuttall and especially Graham were disgraceful and almost certainly cost us THREE goals. Graham's obviously, but the Reed one left us 4vs1 and Nuttall had already skinned the defender.

Serious question. Amari Bell is the most obvious LWB in BRFC history, however each time Mowbray plays his beloved three (5) at the back formation he is never at LWB?!?!?

Nyambe played well. Raya (bar a couple of kicks) was equally good. 

However, an 'undeserved' 1-0 and a terrible 'referee' doesn't help highlight just how bad we actually are.

Time to go.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Yep, there's something amiss that's for sure. It's not normal for a club that was riding high to fall apart like this. 

Where is the catalyst for change though? Who holds the levers of power when hard decisions have to be made ? 

I remember a less bad version of this happened after the international break in October or November. It's the holiday camp attitude. The players don't care enough. 

What has happened Dack? Talk of 25 million at the start of the season looking quite comical now. 

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

"The referee blows the full time whistle and turns to applaud the 7,500 travelling fans."

The "fouls" against Reed, Nuttall and especially Graham were disgraceful and almost certainly cost us THREE goals. Graham's obviously but the Reed one left us 4vs1 and Nuttall had already skinned the defender.

Serious question. Amari Bell is the most obvious LWB in BRFC history, however each time Mowbray plays his beloved three (5) at the back formation he is never at LWB.

Nyambe played well. Raya (bar a couple of kicks) was equally good. 

However, an 'undeserved' 1-0 and a terrible 'referee' doesn't help highlight just how bad we actually are.

Time to go.

No, Bennett left wing back makes more sense, apparently. 

28 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Bowyer was far better than Mowbray. He kept us up for a start and had two top 10 finishes. He never had £7m to spend on a reserve either . If they can sack Bowyer they can sack the deluded idiot who is in charge now. 

Absolute rubbish! Sorry, bowyer had Rhodes, gestede, king, Cairney, dann, Hanley + more.

We can't compete with Boro/stoke/forest/ their wage budgets will be MORE than DOUBLE ours! It is so hard to bring in any talented established players because they will already be on more than 20k a week!! This is key when it comes to recruitment. 

Villa lost 1 million pound a week last season, look it up, as did wolves last year!!

Our goal for this season is to stay up. Looks like we will do that. If TM doesn't bring in any defenders in summer then call for his head! 

What wigan and Rotherham would give to be in our position! We have to be content with mid table, and build SLOWLY over the next 3 years, yes 2-3 years at least.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

I think the Red Card was for a foul with multiple time wasting convictions taken into account !